Sign in to follow this  
Erik Everhard

Bromley Away

This is obviously a very tough game.

But, it's away from home and Bromley will try and get at us and score. No doubt about it. 

I feel that they'll probably look at our defensive record over the last few games and our attack and think we are there for the taking.

Despite the fact the lads are top I think the pressure is on Bromley and I'm hoping that we can get back to the counter attacking team that's faired well away from home so far this season.

After watching the Shaycast last night I've been analysing some of PW's comments. 

When he says we have a great dressing room, this hasn't shown over the last 3 or 4 homes games. When you have a great drawing room you tend to see one or two players stepping up and geeing up the rest of the team.

I really do like the look of PW and he seems a really sound bloke who is down to earth and a guy you really want to do well.

I just hope that when he has to make the difficult decisions and decide that perhaps one or two players aren't quite up to scratch that he's got a plan to do it and still keep the dressing room spirit.

Anyway, I fancy a 2-0 Town win.

UTS.

Bromley scored 3 of their goals yesterday from set piece plays, the other a gift by a defensive error.

Pete Wild will need to get our defense of set pieces sorted after our recent lapses.

12 hours ago, Erik Everhard said:

This is obviously a very tough game.

But, it's away from home and Bromley will try and get at us and score. No doubt about it. 

I feel that they'll probably look at our defensive record over the last few games and our attack and think we are there for the taking.

Despite the fact the lads are top I think the pressure is on Bromley and I'm hoping that we can get back to the counter attacking team that's faired well away from home so far this season.

After watching the Shaycast last night I've been analysing some of PW's comments. 

When he says we have a great dressing room, this hasn't shown over the last 3 or 4 homes games. When you have a great drawing room you tend to see one or two players stepping up and geeing up the rest of the team.

I really do like the look of PW and he seems a really sound bloke who is down to earth and a guy you really want to do well.

I just hope that when he has to make the difficult decisions and decide that perhaps one or two players aren't quite up to scratch that he's got a plan to do it and still keep the dressing room spirit.

Anyway, I fancy a 2-0 Town win.

UTS.

Bromley have no pressure at all. 

It’s us under pressure we are top of the league and starting to bottle it. Performances haven’t been good enough and players are just roaming around so hope Pete wild realised yesterday that it’s now not working and it needs changing!! As we will start dropping rapidly 

Unless things change dramatically over the next week we will not be top of the table come 5pm on Saturday. We weren't even at the races yesterday, any person who attended yesterdays game and didn't know which team was which, that one team was top of the league and one of the leading scorers in that league certainly would not have opted for the team in Blue. We were completely outplayed once again by the little No4, Josh Falkingham and in part the rest of the Harrogate team. We on the other hand had absolutely nothing to offer. I swear that at one point I felt I was right back in the middle of last season, but then I thought, I cant be! Because last season we were bloody hard to beat? I cant help thinking that Pete Wild is/has made some serious errors of judgement lately. The main one being not getting a Central Defender in to replace Browny.  Not that Josh Staunton has not been decent playing that role, but coupled with the fact that he and Maher were really good in mid-field early on, we effectively lost our entire mid-field threat. I've said this a thousand times now, we need a striker, we've scored 4 goals in 6 games since we beat Barnet 4 - 2 on 21st September, conceding 5 in the process. Not a good omen in my humble opinion. Tobi was completely bullied yesterday and he looked more like Edwards than Gregory. All the talk of bigger clubs checking him out seem to have affected McAlinden, something that happens all to often. If I were Wild I would recall Josh MacDonald ahead of the Bromley game, he's had lots of game time at Whitley Bay, he's played very well for them proving that he is a better player than the level he's currently playing and he's scored goals. Whitley will be gutted to lose him, but I think we need him. If nothing else it will definitely shake up our current forwards and inject the pace back into the frontline. No need to panic just yet but unless we change things up and fast then I cant see us maintaining our lofty position. All just my own opinions of course.

• Like 4

We have been totally out played in all of our last 4 home games both in technical and quality terms.We badly need a goal scorer and a midfield creator and more physical presence.We all know we have overachieved but we are luckily in a very good league position.Logically the Board would raise some cash as perhaps never a better time to get back into the league.But new quality players required, otherwise we will do well to finish in the top ten.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, archietaylor7 said:

Unless things change dramatically over the next week we will not be top of the table come 5pm on Saturday. We weren't even at the races yesterday, any person who attended yesterdays game and didn't know which team was which, that one team was top of the league and one of the leading scorers in that league certainly would not have opted for the team in Blue. We were completely outplayed once again by the little No4, Josh Falkingham and in part the rest of the Harrogate team. We on the other hand had absolutely nothing to offer. I swear that at one point I felt I was right back in the middle of last season, but then I thought, I cant be! Because last season we were bloody hard to beat? I cant help thinking that Pete Wild is/has made some serious errors of judgement lately. The main one being not getting a Central Defender in to replace Browny.  Not that Josh Staunton has not been decent playing that role, but coupled with the fact that he and Maher were really good in mid-field early on, we effectively lost our entire mid-field threat. I've said this a thousand times now, we need a striker, we've scored 4 goals in 6 games since we beat Barnet 4 - 2 on 21st September, conceding 5 in the process. Not a good omen in my humble opinion. Tobi was completely bullied yesterday and he looked more like Edwards than Gregory. All the talk of bigger clubs checking him out seem to have affected McAlinden, something that happens all to often. If I were Wild I would recall Josh MacDonald ahead of the Bromley game, he's had lots of game time at Whitley Bay, he's played very well for them proving that he is a better player than the level he's currently playing and he's scored goals. Whitley will be gutted to lose him, but I think we need him. If nothing else it will definitely shake up our current forwards and inject the pace back into the frontline. No need to panic just yet but unless we change things up and fast then I cant see us maintaining our lofty position. All just my own opinions of course.

Agree totally about the comment to get a loan signing in for Brown. We need Staunton, Maher, Cooper and anyone but Nolan back in midfield to give us some much needed power and muscle in the spine of our midfield.. Time for DB to put his hand in his pocket for a centre back on loan. We have the best chance of getting out of this League for years and we should risk some outlay on a CB. I don't go with this over achieving cr@p. Anyone can beat anyone in this League and no-one is going to walk away with it this season. Also It could be worth playing McAlinden and Allen up front together and giving Sho-Silva a rest.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, archietaylor7 said:

A player cannot be recalled until the first month of a loan is over.

2 hours ago, quizmaster said:

Agree totally about the comment to get a loan signing in for Brown. We need Staunton, Maher, Cooper and anyone but Nolan back in midfield to give us some much needed power and muscle in the spine of our midfield.. Time for DB to put his hand in his pocket for a centre back on loan. We have the best chance of getting out of this League for years and we should risk some outlay on a CB. I don't go with this over achieving cr@p. Anyone can beat anyone in this League and no-one is going to walk away with it this season. Also It could be worth playing McAlinden and Allen up front together and giving Sho-Silva a rest.

Just to clear up Quiz, I dont make any reference to over achieving, I actually dont believe in such things. I would use the term LUCK, and you make your own. So far we have been lucky on more than one occasion and that's why we're top of the league. Unfortunately our luck might be about to change.

38 minutes ago, townmad said:

A player cannot be recalled until the first month of a loan is over.

Actually I've just looked this up Townmad and have picked out the following quote:-

A loan deal can be cancelled at any time in the season if both clubs concerned agree.

It doesn't mention the 1 month rule anywhere I can see.

7 hours ago, TJAshton said:

Bromley have no pressure at all. 

It’s us under pressure we are top of the league and starting to bottle it. Performances haven’t been good enough and players are just roaming around so hope Pete wild realised yesterday that it’s now not working and it needs changing!! As we will start dropping rapidly 

There is pressure to win in every game so your first sentence is wrong.

If you look at the form of both sides then I would put Bromley as favourites.

If they win then they go top. No pressure there then. :lol:

13 hours ago, Erik Everhard said:

There is pressure to win in every game so your first sentence is wrong.

If you look at the form of both sides then I would put Bromley as favourites.

If they win then they go top. No pressure there then. :lol:

I don’t think Bromley will feel pressured at all and certainly won’t be as pressured as us.

We have to turn our terrible performances back round and start scoring goals again and picking up points. We need to stay up there for as long as possible and the person who will be feeling the pressure the most is PW. 

Big game Saturday 

7 minutes ago, ashy1966 said:

Strange since Wild came out & said.""Let's make the Shay a fortress"".

We haven't won a game since!

It´s like the manager of the month award syndrome.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Papa Lazarou said:

Whitley Bay have a game on Tuesday and I have been told that is his last game of his month. 

Saturday 26th is the end of the agreed loan period. 

4 hours ago, TJAshton said:

I don’t think Bromley will feel pressured at all and certainly won’t be as pressured as us.

We have to turn our terrible performances back round and start scoring goals again and picking up points. We need to stay up there for as long as possible and the person who will be feeling the pressure the most is PW. 

Big game Saturday 

I know bud, you've said it 3 times.

You've also not listened to my explanation as to why they will feel pressure. 

See how the bookies rate the game.

1 hour ago, Erik Everhard said:

I know bud, you've said it 3 times.

You've also not listened to my explanation as to why they will feel pressure. 

See how the bookies rate the game.

Bromley are evens and we are 9/4

In the absence of Brown and Cam King I would like to see.

Johnson

Duckworth Staunton. Clarke.  JBW

Maher.     Cooper

J. King

Allen.                        McAlinden    

Tobi Sho- Silva

I think Maher was good against Harrogate, but plays better when he sits deeper.

Allen was an attacking outlet and looked good.

McAlinden needs to play in the position where most of his goals have come from.

J. King has indifferent form but I think he played better through the middle, we have better options than him on the wing. He is the better replacement from Cam King.

Despite hoping he would Southwell has added nothing to the side. A real disappointment.

• Like 1