Fair warning! All off-topic posts will be moved to off-topic section once we have confirmed dates for play-offs. ×
Sign in to follow this  
Derbyshayman

We are not Barcelona

We've had a freak start to the season, Wild is a novice Manager who I thought as the season went on would improve. But I'm not seeing that. To start the game with i will pass eventually Cooper, Maher and Nolan in the same team is madness. Southwell is not good enough for the National league full stop. Sho Silva and Mcalinden were dreadful today, I hope they feel guilty collecting their wages. Jacob Hanson is a good player we saw that last season, never gets a look in. I think moving Duckworth into midfield and playing Hanson at right back would be a sound move. We need to sign another centre half, we only have Clarke and Brown, Staunton does ok but is not a centre half. I think the Manager has sussed William's and Earing aren't ready for this standard yet. Binman Williams frustrating player, like him attacking but we are conceding too many goals coming from the left. Top of the league is good can't ask for more but at home we are awful, why?

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, born to moan said:

We've had a freak start to the season, Wild is a novice Manager who I thought as the season went on would improve. But I'm not seeing that. To start the game with i will pass eventually Cooper, Maher and Nolan in the same team is madness. Southwell is not good enough for the National league full stop. Sho Silva and Mcalinden were dreadful today, I hope they feel guilty collecting their wages. Jacob Hanson is a good player we saw that last season, never gets a look in. I think moving Duckworth into midfield and playing Hanson at right back would be a sound move. We need to sign another centre half, we only have Clarke and Brown, Staunton does ok but is not a centre half. I think the Manager has sussed William's and Earing aren't ready for this standard yet. Binman Williams frustrating player, like him attacking but we are conceding too many goals coming from the left. Top of the league is good can't ask for more but at home we are awful, why?

Duckworth looked frightened to take on players today

1 minute ago, Erik Everhard said:

Probably are financially Trev, in fact I'm pretty sure they are.

Well and truly bankrolled.

I do not care how rich they are, they are not above our weight.

6 minutes ago, Shaytrev said:

I do not care how rich they are, they are not above our weight.

Not in size of club or stadium or position in the league. No.

Only budget.

Also, on paper, we have the better squad, IMO. I wouldn't swap our keeper and back four. Cam is the best player in the league on his day and Liam is probably one of the best forwards if not the best.

So yes, I think you're mostly right Trev. But it wouldn't surprise me if their highest earner is on more than ours.

Edited by Erik Everhard

2 hours ago, Shaytrev said:

Allen should be on the right where he exelled when we were winning games. Sadly McAlinden wastes too much time out there now for whatever reason.

Correct

Where is the money coming from for these players even if they are available? I thought I read or heard somewhere that our budget has been used and as there is no cup revenue coming in that only leaves Mr B financing it and surely that means bankrupting the club (according to some on here)

PW is right when he says he can feel the fans’ tension at the start of games. There was no sound whatsoever from Hx fans until the second half. That is down to performances giving fans nothing to shout about. After the start to the season we thought we were going to be watching exciting football as promised by PW but the entertainment has dropped off and is now on a par with JF. Let’s hope we can still get results away.

12 hours ago, Guido said:

Based on What ?

He got the mangers job just before the season started and got an immediate tune out of the players to grind out positive results. The league table suggests at this stage, he’s doing a decent job. When you take into consideration his budget, he’s doing a very good job.  The season will be like a rollercoaster in terms of results, but that will be the same for every club. 

It rubs salt in the wounds to see Harrogate walk away with £18,750 and us with £6,250 FA Cup proceeds.

With 1st round proper prize money on offer being £36k, winning would have helped our budget.

• Like 2

Someone is not telling the truth, JF said he was leaving then the new manager could build the squad as he had 80% on the budget left PW stated on the recent pod cast that when he came in 85% of the budget had been spent.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Steve Lanzarote said:

Someone is not telling the truth, JF said he was leaving then the new manager could build the squad as he had 80% on the budget left PW stated on the recent pod cast that when he came in 85% of the budget had been spent.

or Mr B reduced the budget for the new manager!

We are unlikely to ever know!

What has happened to the quick tempo, one touch passing, energetic pressing of the other team? It hasn't been seen since half time at Chestefield. Wonder if being top of the league and there to be shot at has taken the manager by surprise and his inexperience is showing?

14 hours ago, Icke's Lizard said:

I didn't go to the game today and I'm not showing blind faith or loyalty, but we are punching above our weight to start with and we've had a great start. 

I shall not cry or throw a paddy. Like I say, punching above our weight. 

Spot on. I suppose the unreasonables expected us to aim to win the FA Cup. Otherwise what would be the point. 

4 minutes ago, Shay said:

Spot on. I suppose the unreasonables expected us to aim to win the FA Cup. Otherwise what would be the point. 

We should be capable of beating Harrogate on home soil, or at least putting up a fight 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Could just be that the backs against the wall, nothing to lose psychology that has seen us to this stage after an acrimonious pre-season might have dropped off. 

This is merely the first time when we have to say 'In Wild we trust'. 

14 hours ago, Shaymen0 said:

We've played 4-2-3-1 most of the season and are top of the league. and his words were we will play this system and not worry about the opposition. Yet you want us to go to four four fu*king two. We lost with that formation today btw!!!

We didn't play 442. It was some type of diamond strategy, hence zero width. Why he experimented is beyond me. 

Edited by shaymen_x
Sp x 10

5 minutes ago, shaymen_x said:

We didn't play 442 today. It was some type if diamond strategy, hence zero width. Why he experimented is beyond me. 

Only positive thing I can come up with is that he was doing a 'Mulhall'

10 minutes ago, shaymen_x said:

We didn't play 442. It was some type of diamond strategy, hence zero width. Why he experimented is beyond me. 

He was right to experiment but wrong to not tweak it when it was working so badly

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Steve Lanzarote said:

Did you have JF down as an honest man?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Redcard said:

PW is right when he says he can feel the fans’ tension at the start of games. There was no sound whatsoever from Hx fans until the second half. That is down to performances giving fans nothing to shout about. After the start to the season we thought we were going to be watching exciting football as promised by PW but the entertainment has dropped off and is now on a par with JF. Let’s hope we can still get results away.

It's a vicious circle - team loses, crowd voices discontent, next game crowd is nervous, feeds to players, they lose, and so it goes on. The crowd and the players need to be on form to get out of it. Probably why away from home we're doing better.

I still think we played to loose yesterday! The cup is a distraction from our main objective which is the league!

No doubt, we have plenty that needs working on but I really dont think we need to worry about too much.