Sign in to follow this  
Erik Everhard

Harrogate at Home FA Cup

There’s players that need to go out of the team and players that we need to come in. 

Now it might sound like panic systems but I just can’t see anything changing at all but I hope I get proved wrong 

At least PW has held his hands up and said we were second best, awful, etc. Funny old game, I bet we go to Bromley next week and win!

2 hours ago, TJAshton said:

Correct need a striker urgently as goals have dryed up and for whatever reason there is no creativity at all!! 

A decent striker would be someone like there striker who scored two today! Someone big, strong,  gets into good positions, can win headers, and is good with his feet. Think he's at Chesterfield now! Yet we had him and people like you didn't like him. 

Went today

well done Harrogate

looked more up for it and technically better today, felt we were generally devoid of ideas and whilst watching the game I thought how the f*ck are we top of the National!

disappointed in particular with Sho Silva 

was in a few promising positions and each time fluffed his lines, or shot tamely

I do expect us to start dropping in the league standings

Back to basics this week PW Please, and let’s hope we can turn it round in what is a weak league this year

4 minutes ago, Shaymen0 said:

A decent striker would be someone like there striker who scored two today! Someone big, strong,  gets into good positions, can win headers, and is good with his feet. Think he's at Chesterfield now! Yet we had him and people like you didn't like him. 

Think Beck is a little more mobile, heading cushioned balls to team mates.

11 minutes ago, Redcard said:

At least PW has held his hands up and said we were second best, awful, etc. Funny old game, I bet we go to Bromley next week and win!

Notts County away, we normally look very good on the road. Even the defeat to ten man Wrexham, there were many positives. 

Two away games coming up oddly may just be what we need. 

4 minutes ago, Flea said:

Notts County away, we normally look very good on the road. Even the defeat to ten man Wrexham, there were many positives. 

Two away games coming up oddly may just be what we need. 

Bromley away ain’t what we need. 

Unfortunately home defeats lead to lower crowds and less progression for the club. Not reaching the first round means no share of the replay money and knowing Mr B a tightening of the purse strings. 

As to Mr Wild he should take a look at some other managers who spend their time encouraging their team rather than being silent and only showing any emotion to the 4th officials who have f all influence on the game.

• Like 3

From the report on the website - “Like the majority of the game up until that point, the Shaymen controlled possession”. I think that they were watching a different game to me!

It was the first time I have managed to get to a game this season, and I was very disappointed, having read about the fine performances earlier in the season. There was only one team controlling possession and they were in yellow.  They were quicker to nearly every ball, whether it was a pass from their players or from ours. 

In the first few minutes after half time we were suddenly finding our own men with passes, playing with more intensity and got a good goal. However, it soon returned to the standard of the first half.

I had hopes of seeing our ‘star player’, Liam McAlinden. However, he did nothing all game. Lots of people have criticised Southwell and Nolan, but I didn’t think that they were any worse than the rest today. Man of the match? I don’t think we had one, perhaps Binnom-Williams. The best team won the game, although both goals were a bit soft.

The team look to be lacking in confidence, not prepared to take defenders on. Duckworth especially seems to want to just get rid of the ball as soon as he could. He is a better player than he showed today.

It might be a while until I have the desire to come over from the East Riding for another game, and even longer before I can persuade my wife to come.

On another note, how many bookings has Jeff King had? He seems to have had a few. He can’t be far off a suspension.

24 minutes ago, Shaymen0 said:

You mean the type of striker who had no pace couldn't use his feet.  Could only score if he was hanging on a defender at the back post. And has about 5 national league goals in a full season since he came back to this level. 

I swear you lot have more trouble getting over Denton than you did getting over actual good strikers in Vardy and Gregory. 

Edited by Greggs

It would be interesting to know how many of the goals we have conceded this season have come play developed from our left hand side ?

3 hours ago, born to moan said:

How the hell have we let that big lump Beck score 3 against us this season? He's  got all on walking. 

Because Browny wasn't playing. He would have had that big lummox, Beck, in his back pocket. Non existent marking on the man who crossed for him to slot it home. Defence looks light weight and brittle without Brown. Also miss his leadership and presence upfront from corners. Clarke looks very suspect without him.

But for Sam we would have been three down at ht and Williams was at fault for not putting a tackle in for that goal and how did they manage from a throw in down the line when it seemed they just opened up and watched.

Haven't read through all the other posts, will do that tomorrow. My opinion is this, today is the first time this season  that I am questioning the manager, credit to him for trying something different today but it became pretty obvious after about 15/20 minutes that the formation wasn't working, both offensively and defensively. Absolutely no width at all which meant the Harrogate fullbacks had a field day, especially Fallowfield at right back who had the freedom of The Shay to play in. Surely a switch to 4 4 2 at half time would happen? No it didn't and even worse than that not one single change to the formation in 90 minutes, 3 substitutions but everyone was like for like in the same system that wasn't working. PW got out foxed today by Simon Bloody Weaver!!! Based on today PW needs to become far more flexible during play, today highlighted that! A wasted oppertunity to put some money in the bank today and PW has to shoulder moat of the blame

Edited by Papa Lazarou
  • Like 1

If things don't improve soon he could have a shorter reign than JF. JF put credit in the bank by keeping us up when he took over from BH, PW hasn't had chance to bank anything therefore will fall victim of the bio boys on here much quicker if he can't sort this out.

I put promotion above anything else so I am not totally disheartened by the result even though at 5.p.m. I was totally depressed.

We are still top of the league and am still confident Wild can iron out his mistakes, I hope some of the players can but am less confident about that.

Tough games coming up but I remember earlier in the season when the same was said, Fylde H. Barrow A, Solihull H and Chesterfield A, ........won 'em all.

Come on Shaymen!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, born to moan said:

No concession for OAP,s on admission today, the only club in the country who fleece their pensioners. But on saying that if I'd paid 50p to get in today I would have been fleeced watching that sh!te.

Are you a pensioner?

5 hours ago, Shaytrev said:

Depressing performance making me so depressed it was straight home after the game instead of the pub. Summed it up late in the game when McAlinden was out on the right touchline surrounded by three Harrogate players while Allen was in the box waiting for a cross that never came. Not only the team but the manager had stinkers. Every cloud has a silver lining............................................

Doesn't sound good…..but things change suddenly…...sometimes…..

5 hours ago, Che Bentos said:

Well the second half was an improvement on the first from Halifax's point of view and, overall, we seemed to create more chances in front of goal compared to our recent home performances. McAlinden was just not at the races today and Silva's sat nav in front of goal needs recallibrating. 

Normally when teams are about equal that's what happens when a team are a goal down…..

Both teams had good chances to score. The worrying thing is that they took their chances and we didn't plus the fact that we allowed our opponents to enjoy 60% possession at The Shay. 

Don´t care what spin anyone puts on it, that was a very bad result for us today someone needs to do some very serious thinking to stop this slide, if not I can see crowds going sub 1500 next home game.