Sign in to follow this  
Nick

Today’s game Boreham Wood

8 minutes ago, Wilder Bollox said:

Do we know his username :lol:

I do but he asked me to keep it secret and only PM him with selection and tactics, he said he would not guarantee to accept all the advice, I told him that was his decision, he would live or die by it.

On 10/13/2019 at 12:54 PM, Roy Race said:

Feel the majority of posters are just disappointed we have not displayed the same level of performance over the last few home games that put us top, don't consider most of it is criticism more frustration, I'm  sure the team and  management will be feeling the same.

I think you're spot on Roy. Some go OTT though when the team don't win a game. 

14 hours ago, TJAshton said:

Johnson

Duckworth - Staunton - Clarke - Binnom

Cooper 

Allen                  C. King             Jeff King

Macalinden                 Sho-Silva

Swap Brown with Staunton when he’s back and either have Staunton or Cooper In the defensive midfielder role. 

And have Josh Macdonald instead of Jeff King. Just keep alternating the wingers but that would be my team and formation personally. Just an OPINION

And I'd flood the midfield (4-5-1)and not let you play any type of passing football at all by doubling up on the playmaker King and pressing on Allen and Jeff King and let the no nonsense numpty defenders deal with macalinden and tobi. just an opinion 

15 minutes ago, Erik Everhard said:

I think you're spot on Roy. Some go OTT though when the team don't win a game. 

Don't win a game? 4 of 5 at home were 0 0 0 0 . Nothing OTT.

17 minutes ago, Shaymen0 said:

And I'd flood the midfield (4-5-1)and not let you play any type of passing football at all by doubling up on the playmaker King and pressing on Allen and Jeff King and let the no nonsense numpty defenders deal with macalinden and tobi. just an opinion 

You've got the nail on the head really. Not just for TJ but for most of us that pick an 11. It's not just about picking that 11 it's about tactics and what to expect from the opposition. I think that the last two games have shown what to expect from the opposition and we probably won't see a team come and attack and leave themselves open until one or two teams start to separate from the rest. That doesn't look like happening anytime soon so you're probably looking at December before we see that. 

Town are the victims of their own, early season success. As Pete says it's all about finding a way to break teams down when they hold firm at the back and in midfield. I think Josh Mac coming back and running at defenders will help as long as he gets the support from his ten and his full back. It would be nice to see a similar style of player on the left. Will Allen or Liam fit the bill? Maybe.

I think for Saturday's game I would look playing 4 3 1 2. It might sound defensive but Cooper can find a man and Maher and Nolan can sit and hold. Then Cooper can push and support Cameron as he runs at their defensive midfielders and centre halves. Then I'd go with Liam and Tobi up top. Cameron slipping a few clever through balls and let's tell the front men to invite a tackle or two. Let's be clever. I do t mean cheat but ride a tackle or two and let's try and win some dangerous free kicks. Also, at the same time let JBW take some corners. He seems to have a decent cross in him.

At the end of the day it's all opinions and that's one of the great aspects of the game. We all think our way is the best.