Sign in to follow this  
Nick

Today’s game Boreham Wood

Wild has obviously realised that over achieving leaves him little room for manoeuvre and has decided to lower our league position to extend his career . On the other hand, it may just be that every club hits a sticky patch and this is ours . Hopefully this is a learning curve and we are still well on course to have a good season . Boreham Wood had us on toast, when you're top of the league you're the team everybody wants to beat . Expect as many lows as highs between now and the end of the season . Most of the criticism is stating the obvious and in Wild we trust 

40 minutes ago, Wilder Bollox said:

Wild has obviously realised that over achieving leaves him little room for manoeuvre and has decided to lower our league position to extend his career . On the other hand, it may just be that every club hits a sticky patch and this is ours . Hopefully this is a learning curve and we are still well on course to have a good season . Boreham Wood had us on toast, when you're top of the league you're the team everybody wants to beat . Expect as many lows as highs between now and the end of the season . Most of the criticism is stating the obvious and in Wild we trust 

Feel the majority of posters are just disappointed we have not displayed the same level of performance over the last few home games that put us top, don't consider most of it is criticism more frustration, I'm  sure the team and  management will be feeling the same.

• Like 1

We are top of the league, that is why everyone was doing cartwheels on the way to the Pigs and The Oak after the game. Stop moaning, we only failed to score for the third home game on the trot. We are top of the league.

Made the journey from Leicester cos it wasn't raining.  When I tell you that the only other match I have seen this season was at Notts County then I am sure I deserve your sympathy.

It's that old thing about managers going on Calendar when top of the league.  Amidst all the modesty and self-deprecation I'm sure I heard Mr Wild slip in "we're the league's top scorers".  It comes back to haunt you.

I have always stood in the south stand before but went in the east for the first time ever cos I'm bringing some Notts County season ticket holders on Dec 21 and wanted to find out where was best to sit.  It's a better view than the south.  I always thought it looked a bit quiet in the east but I didn't know it was that quiet.

As to the football there were some nice passes played but the end product wasn't there against opponents who I thought worked very hard and played some decent stuff themselves.  I agree with what's been said earlier about the final balls which were not good and that is something which really irritates fans.

Does anyone think that Jerome Binnom-Williams is being played out of position?   I would take a chance on using him as an out and out winger.  At Notts County second half he ran at them a couple of times and looked dangerous.  That in a game where we created next to nothing.  He's deceptively fast and because of his size It's very hard to knock him off the ball.  He can cut in from the left and has a good right-foot shot.  Also he wins headers.

I watched the bench as Dayle Southwell got ready to come on and he sat with the, I think, assistant manager and the two of them pored over a ring binder which presumably contained tactics.  This took a few minutes as it seemed like quite a thick binder.  What the point of it was I'm not sure.  Having said that, I thought Dayle looked lively and had some good touches although I know few will agree.

I was shocked when I got home and saw us still top.  I am sure we are there on merit because we can play good football.  

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Macam blue said:

You cant seriously expect this forum to be happy after the last 3 home games :doh:

I haven't heard 1 shout of sack Wild (only in jest by Bollocks, I think)

We are miserable, defeatist, mediocrity-loving tossers by nature, that's why we support the Shaymen.

But, we can try to live the dream a little at the moment & if Mr Wild does read this message board, who knows he may pick up a tip or 2 on what is not quite working at the moment.

Come on Hoddie, don't be so melodramatic & embrace your follow supporters.

It may help your bad mood swings.:)

You really think PW would come on here and actually pick up some tips? :doh:

Pete Wild will not listen to the idiots on here. No manager with their salt ever would. 
People have such high opinions of themselves.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, Ash said:

Pete Wild will not listen to the idiots on here. No manager with their salt ever would. 

We aren’t idiots Ash at all. It’s just a different opinion that You either agree or disagree with. 

1 up front isn’t working anymore and 3 home games without a goal isn’t good enough. 

Being top of the league is great and no one is moaning at that it’s the manner and lack off desire and urgency shown. 

1 minute ago, Luke said:

Wow ok. Because Tuesdays advice went really well for yesterday?

He didn't follow the advice. He carried on making the same mistakes.

42 minutes ago, Shaytrev said:

He didn't follow the advice. He carried on making the same mistakes.

Wasn’t the advice to play King/Sho Silva?

1 hour ago, Ash said:

Keep quiet then love

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Luke said:

You really think PW would come on here and actually pick up some tips? :doh:

Surely your not about to tell me that good Managers don't listen to fans Luke?

1 hour ago, Ash said:

It’s always the know it alls that have the most to say 

2 minutes ago, Shay said:

It’s always the know it alls that have the most to say 

Says JGN1 who had 15,000 posts and over 400 since the name change a short while ago.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, TJAshton said:

We aren’t idiots Ash at all. It’s just a different opinion that You either agree or disagree with. 

1 up front isn’t working anymore and 3 home games without a goal isn’t good enough. 

Being top of the league is great and no one is moaning at that it’s the manner and lack off desire and urgency shown. 

What formation would you go with and who would be in your starting 11 TJ?

2 hours ago, Shaytrev said:

Says JGN1 who had 15,000 posts and over 400 since the name change a short while ago.

Sorry I should have said it’s the know it alls that have the most to say thinking they know better than everybody else. I.e. you thinking you know more than every football manager to ever manage down the shay 

8 hours ago, Erik Everhard said:

What formation would you go with and who would be in your starting 11 TJ?

Johnson

Duckworth - Staunton - Clarke - Binnom

Cooper 

Allen                  C. King             Jeff King

Macalinden                 Sho-Silva

Swap Brown with Staunton when he’s back and either have Staunton or Cooper In the defensive midfielder role. 

And have Josh Macdonald instead of Jeff King. Just keep alternating the wingers but that would be my team and formation personally. Just an OPINION

• Like 1

12 hours ago, TJAshton said:

Johnson

Duckworth - Staunton - Clarke - Binnom

Cooper 

Allen                  C. King             Jeff King

Macalinden                 Sho-Silva

Swap Brown with Staunton when he’s back and either have Staunton or Cooper In the defensive midfielder role. 

And have Josh Macdonald instead of Jeff King. Just keep alternating the wingers but that would be my team and formation personally. Just an OPINION

I'll just text Pete and tell him to log on and have a look :)

1 minute ago, Shaymen Stats said:

I'll just text Pete and tell him to log on and have a look :)

Don't bother as I sent him a PM with the team news.

• Thanks 1