Sign in to follow this  
Shaymen Stats

The Shaycast Ep. 1

28 minutes ago, steve lumb said:

well, I really enjoyed it, wonder who next guests will be? (as long as it's not Chadders:unsure::))

They said in the show :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Shaymen Stats said:

That's ok Norm it's all about opinions :)

Of course if anyone could prove it with a review of win ratio,  points / goals per game, expected position in  Billy's season in the NL etc, it's you Lol !!

1 hour ago, Shaymen Stats said:

I bet haha! Did you like the podcast? 

Just listened and watched it...superb...amazed TBH how young you gents are with the knowledge you have. Only thing think you said Matty released from Blackburn and joined us on loan but he went first to Rochdale or did I miss that bit. Lots of debate as to whether we received 300 or 350 for Horsefield KK always claimed he paid 300 my step brother was a good friend of his and when I said we  got 350 he says no 300 (not a criticism just interest).

34 minutes ago, Hoddie said:

They said in the show :)

I know it's Pete wild next.

Was hoping they would announce a brexit debate between shaytrev and chrisbo :)

50 minutes ago, Norm said:

Of course if anyone could prove it with a review of win ratio,  points / goals per game, expected position in  Billy's season in the NL etc, it's you Lol !!

Heath has a superior record in terms of numbers, but it's all about folks opinion! 

First class effort from all involved very professional job. However I would have asked Shaymen Stats about his red card v Tamworth for a tackle out on the touchline whilst in goal for AFC Halifax 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Che Bentos said:

Great podcast. Love the intro graphics. Hope they turn the mics up for the next instalment! 

thought it was my old age.....glad it's just not me

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, steve lumb said:

thought it was my old age.....glad it's just not me

I did try another video before I posted just in case it was my dodgy speakers! 

3 hours ago, chadders said:

First class effort from all involved very professional job. However I would have asked Shaymen Stats about his red card v Tamworth for a tackle out on the touchline whilst in goal for AFC Halifax 

Not for nothing did he earn the nickname Kung Fu Foy.

Edited by Shaymus
  • Like 2

On 10/11/2019 at 6:09 PM, Shaymen Stats said:

Heath has a superior record in terms of numbers, but it's all about folks opinion! 

In the National League? 

20 hours ago, TJAshton said:

Well two games now 0 goals we haven’t even looked like scoring. 

Need to improve in the final third.

On 10/11/2019 at 1:08 PM, Shaymen Stats said:

No love in here at all. We transitioned from part time to full time under him Clarke said he was one of the main reasons he moved to the club.

And indeed the spine of this team is Fullarton signings. Did he utilise them correctly? - no imo but they're still his signings. 

I never said he was Guardiola, and we did imove into the Headingley site under him. He was the manager that was the bridge between part time to full (albeit not a very good one). 

350k for Geoff Horsfield: source - my own memory and Town's programmes since his departure for that fee :)

Weetwood Mr F.

On 10/11/2019 at 3:12 PM, Norm said:

Really enjoyed the show btw. Nathan spoke very well, interesting how he checked himself to say it's now every boy and girls dream to be a footballer.

Excellent stuff, keep it up.

Ha one of his daughters is playing with Huddersfield.

On 10/11/2019 at 4:16 PM, steve lumb said:

I remember Bubba doing commentary years ago with equipment bought by SDS (subsequently it got nicked)

Maybe the media team could invite him to be a guest commentator :)

Bubba also used to do the commentary for the partially sighted.

On 10/11/2019 at 10:45 PM, Richmond96 said:

Credit where it’s due DB. He gets enough stick when we’re struggling.

No offence to the chairman but think both he and I thought a podcast was equipment used in a hospital A&E :) All credit to Louisa and her team for the hard work and effort that's gone into this. A good watch and good publicity for the club as was PW bring on Calendar. Crowds are up and we just need the performances and results to match the early season ones to augment the good stuff happening off the pitch.

Re the Geoff Horsfield thing the initial fee was £300,000 plus another £50,000 when he'd made so many appearances. We then got another £350,000 when Fulham sold him to Birmingham City for £2.25 Million. So total fee for Geoff was £700,000 which is the record fee for both the old and new club.

• Like 4