Sign in to follow this  
Lewis

Matty Brown

Suffered another hamstring injury in the latter stages of his recovery. Should be fit by the end of November as per the club's injury update

11 minutes ago, Lewis said:

Suffered another hamstring injury in the latter stages of his recovery. Should be fit by the end of November as per the club's injury update

A big blow.

We probably did well to get the last few good fit seasons out of him.  Strange how this kicks you in the teeth after extending his contract.

I wonder if this pre seasons training has been different, to cause the problem

Edited by rdj
add on

12 minutes ago, rdj said:

We probably did well to get the last few good fit seasons out of him.  Strange how this kicks you in the teeth after extending his contract.

I wonder if this pre seasons training has been different, to cause the problem

Or maybe he's just picked up a run of the mill injury that any player in the world can at any time. 

Its dissapointing. However it happens. At this moment we have 3 clean sheets on the bounce and Clarke and Staunton have improved as a pairing. We can cope. We just have to do what we have all season in the most part. Outscore the opposition. Starting with Saturday. 

Don't forget Maher can also play there if required. 

Maybe we can stick Brown a chair behind the goal so he can still bark out orders. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

A blow. Apart from last season he has had his fair share of injuries and that’s how it is with some players. I always thought it daft when clubs sign the likes of Andy Carroll who will be 100 pc fit for around half a dozen games a season. When injured players do come back they can weaken the team as they take several games to get up to speed. We are seeing that now with Southwell.  Players like Nathan Clarke who can be relied on month after month are really valuable assets.

4 minutes ago, Redcard said:

A blow. Apart from last season he has had his fair share of injuries and that’s how it is with some players. I always thought it daft when clubs sign the likes of Andy Carroll who will be 100 pc fit for around half a dozen games a season. When injured players do come back they can weaken the team as they take several games to get up to speed. We are seeing that now with Southwell.  Players like Nathan Clarke who can be relied on month after month are really valuable assets.

Chester fans said ¨if you can keep him fit you have a great player¨, when we signed him.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Papa Lazarou said:

Clarke & Staunton on a run of 3 clean sheets. Not catastrophic at this stage. Got to keep Clarke and Staunton fit now though 

Maher can play that role quite comfortably if one of them got injured.

8 hours ago, Papa Lazarou said:

Clarke & Staunton on a run of 3 clean sheets. Not catastrophic at this stage. Got to keep Clarke and Staunton fit now though 

The unfortunate side to that, is we are missing Staunton in midfield. His accurate long passes & drives forward were a major part of our early season results.

He is a big part of our improving form this season & yes is doing a sterling job in replacing Browny (if that is possible)

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Macam blue said:

The unfortunate side to that, is we are missing Staunton in midfield. His accurate long passes & drives forward were a major part of our early season results.

He is a big part of our improving form this season & yes is doing a sterling job in replacing Browny (if that is possible)

I agree. Although there's nothing stopping him from delivering accurate passes from defence. 

16 hours ago, Greggs said:

Its dissapointing. However it happens. At this moment we have 3 clean sheets on the bounce and Clarke and Staunton have improved as a pairing. We can cope. We just have to do what we have all season in the most part. Outscore the opposition. Starting with Saturday. 

Don't forget Maher can also play there if required. 

Maybe we can stick Brown a chair behind the goal so he can still bark out orders. 

Serious ..I don’t want brown doing match day commentaries 

I want him in the dressing room and on the touch line .. encouraging the players 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Skircoat Shed Archive said:

Wonder if they'll try Maher there & put Staunton back in midfield. Maybe best to leave alone while currently keeping clean sheets.

:rolleyes: why would they do that... 3 clean sheets in a row... not going to change that at all

Hamstrings can take a long time to recover from. I tore mine in March and I can still feel twinges now. It will always be a weak spot for Browny now. He will do well to recover from it. 

13 minutes ago, GeeGee said:

He will do well to recover from it. 

A career ending injury? Hamstring injuries cause issues with players that have explosive acceleration, so Browny should be ok! 

Most of his history of injuries are below waist pulls and tears . The problem is that a minor tear can cause a permanent weakness . He needs a special training schedule to protect and strenghen his muscles and joints and help on how best to manage his body during games . There are some very basic exercises and body management advice that should help him both in his playing career and after his football playing days are over

22 hours ago, Steve Lanzarote said:

Chester fans said ¨if you can keep him fit you have a great player¨, when we signed him.

Can be easily forgotten how bad he was when he 1st signed,  playing with Hamza Bencheriff, both looked slow and unfit.

Browny looked a completely different player when Aspin left. 

Edited by wrighty130

1 minute ago, wrighty130 said:

Can be easily forgotten how bad he was when he 1st signed,  playing with Hamza Bencheriff, both looked slow and unfit.

Browny looked a completely different player when Aspin left. 

I have been trying to forget those days! Wow they were so unfit 

1 minute ago, Papa Lazarou said:

I have been trying to forget those days! Wow they were so unfit 

Mostly down to part time training I would have thought.anyway we have got enough cover at the moment, no need to rush him back.