Sign in to follow this  
dj funky

Halifax V Chorley

It'll only get better if we WIN THE BUGGER.

They've lost once in their last six, which was against Barra. Five 0–0s too and you begin to wonder if Fullarton's their director of football. 

Predicting a win for us and dropped points from those around us on Tuesday is asking for a smack. We'll need to go out there baying for blood.

Going to be tough to break down Chorley. No longer shipping goals and likely to park the bus.

An early goal for us will help open the game up. But there are no easy games. We need to learn the lesson Harrogate gave us.

Don’t bother looking at the rest 

we just need to focus on doing our business 

nick 

53 minutes ago, dj funky said:

Just keeps getting better, Barnet v Bromley,Yeovil v Woking, Tuesday night fixtures and what a great chance to extend our lead.

And luxury coach travel to The Shay . Hope they serve you hot beverages and chocolate digestives

• Like 1

Just now, halifaxmark said:

Got to get at them straight from the off. Allen to start and get the ball to him and macalinden at every opportunity 

Correct. It’ll be a one way game. It’ll be all Halifax and they’ll try get us on the break. 

14 minutes ago, Erik Everhard said:

I'm a tad nervy about the Chorley game. I just hope it's not another Harrogate.

Harrogate are harrogate, was always going to be a tough game, they have a decent squad. Chorley are chorley, won 1 game all season, minus 15 goal difference, 2nd to bottom. Football isnt that easy but there's no reason why we shouldn't be getting 3 points. 

• Like 1

400 mile round trip and taking the next two home matches. Only draw back staying at mother-in-laws.

seeing the table toppers will make it all worth while

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, halifaxmark said:

Harrogate are harrogate, was always going to be a tough game, they have a decent squad. Chorley are chorley, won 1 game all season, minus 15 goal difference, 2nd to bottom. Football isnt that easy but there's no reason why we shouldn't be getting 3 points. 

True. Plus we've started a decent little run. Also, we've managed to unlock the opposition's defence early doors in the last two games.

I am always cautious when we play teams that on paper we should win easily. As Pete Wild said there are no easy games and you can't just turn up and expect to win but I'm sure he'll keep their feet firmly on the floor.

Also, there's loads of competition for places now which is always good to keep the players on their toes.

16 minutes ago, halifaxmark said:

Correct.

They’re at the bottom because they’re ****!!

We are at the top as were the best team in the league (To Date) 

End of. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Steve Lanzarote said:

Christ can we please start believing. 3-0 no probs. Highest scorers, tightest defence & top of the league.

I sort of think Wild knows exactly what options he has and when to use them.  I predict a win.

Edited by francisfirth

Get in at them early doors and try get a goal in the opening half an hour. It will force them to then be a bit more expressive. 

We can't take anyone for granted and the players need to turn up and be professional about it, however, with no disrespect to Chorley, we should be looking at this home game as as close to being a "banker" as possible. We should be looking to dominate this game from start to finish. 

12 minutes ago, archietaylor7 said:

For once I'm looking beyond the "next" game and thinking we could end this week as clear leaders of the league. 6 points from the 2 home games and our marker is definitely set.

that would give us 12 wins,one less than the whole of last season

and one draw ,19 less than the whole of last season !!

shouldn't get too carried away , but its not often we have a bit of fun

• Like 2