Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Hoddie

All hail JF's contributions to this season

Recommended Posts

6 minutes ago, Wilder Bollox said:

I was wondering myself how mathematically safe from relegation we are

31 games and 93 points left to play for this season. Aldershot occupy the last play off spot with a potential maximum points total of 108, so we still need another 77 points/26 wins to guarantee safety.

Obviously with teams taking points off each other the actual total is less than that but I can’t be bothered with that maths :P 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Hoddie said:

Thought I'd do a list.

  1. Leaving.
  2. Taking Scot with him.
  3. Er...

Come back when you’ve stood on the touch line and had a go. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, riccardo259 said:

31 games and 93 points left to play for this season. Aldershot occupy the last play off spot with a potential maximum points total of 108, so we still need another 77 points/26 wins to guarantee safety.

Obviously with teams taking points off each other the actual total is less than that but I can’t be bothered with that maths :P 

Still a long way to go then :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Shay said:

Come back when you’ve stood on the touch line and had a go. 

Ah feck off. We're supposed to put up with a shite manager just because we aren't all managers ourselves? You were leaving fluid all over the place last season defending JF, all except for that 2 day period of clarity you had when even you saw the damage he was doing to our club. You can't bring yourself to admit you might just have been wrong, and that Wild has proven that mediocrity isn't the only outcome in Town's price range.

All I can say is thank god not all Town fans are like you or we'd be gracing the West Riding County Amateur League, and last time I checked that was defunct.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Hoddie said:

Ah feck off. We're supposed to put up with a shite manager just because we aren't all managers ourselves? You were leaving fluid all over the place last season defending JF, all except for that 2 day period of clarity you had when even you saw the damage he was doing to our club. You can't bring yourself to admit you might just have been wrong, and that Wild has proven that mediocrity isn't the only outcome in Town's price range.

All I can say is thank god not all Town fans are like you or we'd be gracing the West Riding County Amateur League, and last time I checked that was defunct.

If all fans were like me they would be paying to watch their team every home game. Pete Wild is exceeding all expectations and if he achieves promotion he should be knighted 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Shay said:

If all fans were like me they would be paying to watch their team every home game. Pete Wild is exceeding all expectations and if he achieves promotion he should be knighted 

Yawn. Here we go again with the "I'm a better fan than you" bullshit. And he's exceeding your expectation... because you expect Halifax Town to be in mid-table mediocrity - at best.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Hoddie said:

Yawn. Here we go again with the "I'm a better fan than you" bullshit. And he's exceeding your expectation... because you expect Halifax Town to be in mid-table mediocrity - at best.

Where did I say that? Come off the drugs. It’s making you paranoid. We have no right to be where we are. It’s as simple as that. So we are absolutely over achieving. And I’m ecstatic about it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Shay said:

Where did I say that? Come off the drugs. It’s making you paranoid. We have no right to be where we are. It’s as simple as that. So we are absolutely over achieving. And I’m ecstatic about it. 

What's that smell? Horse? Donkey? No, it's bullshit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Hoddie said:

What's that smell? Horse? Donkey? No, it's bullshit.

Oh stop having a paddy. And stop starting silly threads and enjoy the moment. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Nick said:

Actually the board changed us from part time to full time 

the board upgraded our training facilities 

and board brought in Pete Wild 

that is where the credit should go 

we are quick enough to blame them over their mistakes 

let’s be man enough to say well done to their successes 

Absolutely. The board have played a blinder in appointing Wild 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Being top of the League is not over-achieving,it's where all clubs should be aiming to be,Saying we can win the league is not being unrealistic,if finishing in the top half is success-then why bother..........WE'RE ON OUR WAY......................

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, GLPFCHT said:

Being top of the League is not over-achieving,it's where all clubs should be aiming to be,Saying we can win the league is not being unrealistic,if finishing in the top half is success-then why bother..........WE'RE ON OUR WAY......................

I beg to differ. Considering what went on in  pre season, our budget etc then we are over achieving by being top of the league. Im more than happy about it and I am now getting carried away and believing we will go up BUT if Wild achieves promotion he has over achieved and should definitely be knighted. Arise Sir Pete 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Shay said:

I beg to differ. Considering what went on in  pre season, our budget etc then we are over achieving by being top of the league. Im more than happy about it and I am now getting carried away and believing we will go up BUT if Wild achieves promotion he has over achieved and should definitely be knighted. Arise Sir Pete 

I dont think you know what over achieving actually means!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You could argue that the squad have learnt how to turn draws into wins.

We have achieved that by imposing our attacking style on teams and not sitting back and adsorbing pressure.

We deserve to be top as we’ve won the most matches, scored the most goals and have the meanest defence.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Come on people, stop bickering. 

It is possible to recognise that Jamie's spell in charge took the team forward both on and off the pitch, whilst acknowledging that a change of playing style was needed 

1) To improve the entertainment value.

2) To stand a greater chance of winning games.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Shay said:

I beg to differ. Considering what went on in  pre season, our budget etc then we are over achieving by being top of the league. Im more than happy about it and I am now getting carried away and believing we will go up BUT if Wild achieves promotion he has over achieved and should definitely be knighted. Arise Sir Pete 

You were telling us to get carried away last season after winning away to Maidstone United :lol:

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Shay said:

You will have to expand 

Stating that we are overacheiving is in essence believing that we weren't good enough to compete from the outset!

In my opinion, that's not really the attitude to take when purporting to support the team as you do!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...