Sign in to follow this  
Nick

Today’s Game - Maidenhead

Under Pete Wild we have won 66.6% of our league games. Now I know he has only been in charge for a third of a season so it is unfair to put this win ratio against the likes of what  Mullhall or Aspin achieved but it looks very positive.

8 minutes ago, Alright Andy said:

Looking forward to see how BT Sport put a negative spin on us being top in the highlights show. They really do hate us for some reason. 

F*** em!

I've not got a sense that they hate us, just they don't really rate us. 'Surprise package' is a phrase they have used on occasions this season. 

I met a few of the BT producers at an away game once, and they told me that they read this forum actually, and what everyone says about them really hurts. Imagine coming back from turning a camera back and forth in the four winds, only to read our vicious words? It's no small wonder they've not got us down for relegation still.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

It does not surprise me we get negative coverage from BT , they are and always will be southern biased , we will have to wait until we are 21 points clear with 7 games to go before they give us any credit .

As we speak they are probably pulling their pricks out of Bromley's arse and pointing them in the direction of Yeovil .

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Pliny Harris said:

I met a few of the BT producers at an away game once, and they told me that they read this forum actually, and what everyone says about them really hurts. Imagine coming back from turning a camera back and forth in the four winds, only to read our vicious words? It's no small wonder they've not got us down for relegation still.

I think it's great that BT give the National league so much coverage. I just find it odd that the way they comment on Halifax seems to be far more negative than other teams who are higher in the league than expected.

2 minutes ago, Alright Andy said:

I think it's great that BT give the National league so much coverage. I just find it odd that the way they comment on Halifax seems to be far more negative than other teams who are higher in the league than expected.

I don’t disagree that the national non-league media have all avoided tipping us for the promotion chase and it is frustrating at times. I have four NLPs still on the coffee table and one celebrates Notts County beating us, and two others from within a month show Yeovil celebrating scoring in near-identical shots.

As monk hints, I bet they’re currently spitroasting Bromley along with Yeovil right now, while Dover’s ringing the doorbell dressed up as a sexy plumber.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Pliny Harris said:

I don’t disagree that the national non-league media have all avoided tipping us for the promotion chase and it is frustrating at times. I have four NLPs still on the coffee table and one celebrates Notts County beating us, and two others from within a month show Yeovil celebrating scoring in near-identical shots.

As monk hints, I bet they’re currently spitroasting Bromley along with Yeovil right now, while Dover’s ringing the doorbell dressed up as a sexy plumber.

No excuses this weekend only side to pick up 3 points in top 4 , Barrow (laugh) they have no chance of any credit , result of the day for me going to Bromley and winning , somebody is now explaining to BT that Barrow do not play in the lowlands league and Barrow is actually in England admittedly it is the arse end of England and an absolute shithole but credit where credit is due.

A good away following, beer before and after the match. A really good spell in the first half when we should have had a second. 

Great to be at the top, it makes Saturday evenings and Sundays so much nicer! 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Shaymen2008 said:

Under Pete Wild we have won 66.6% of our league games. Now I know he has only been in charge for a third of a season so it is unfair to put this win ratio against the likes of what  Mullhall or Aspin achieved but it looks very positive.

It's the work of the devil then?

5 hours ago, born to moan said:

Hanson can probably play CB,RB or CDM. Who's the better player ?

I doubt Hanson could do a better job than Maher at CDM and CB. Hanson is 2nd choice right back and had been for at least the last 35 games? 

Hanson is a very good player who could adapt to many positions, Pete Wild hasn't seen the best of him like we did at the start of last season. I like to see footballers who can hold and distribute the ball. All Maher does is run around harrying the opposition stoping them playing. If that's the sort of player you like to see fair enough. Not my cup of tea.

You don't change a settled back line, its stupid to do so.

I'm a massive fan of Hanson and would have picked him over Duckworth in all truth at the start of the season, however Duckworth has simply not put a foot wrong and has been one of our most consistent performers. For as much as I like and rate Hanson, he can't be shoehorned into the team just for the sake of it - and swapping him out for Duckworth when it is not forced due to injury/suspension risks undoing all the good work we have done so far. 

Duckworth was given the chance and he has not given a single reason why he should be dropped. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, born to moan said:

Hanson is a very good player who could adapt to many positions, Pete Wild hasn't seen the best of him like we did at the start of last season. I like to see footballers who can hold and distribute the ball. All Maher does is run around harrying the opposition stoping them playing. If that's the sort of player you like to see fair enough. Not my cup of tea.

You need that so the others can do their jobs. 

Just now, born to moan said:

The very top teams in the World have all reached that pinnacle by having an harrying midfielder in their team