Sign in to follow this  
Nick

Today’s Game - Maidenhead

Exiect a few changes in the starting line up with returning players 

if we play our game we can win this .. but maidenhead will Bebe trying to get their season back on track 

0-1 to the shaymen 

safe travels all those who make the journey 

come on shaymen....come on shaymen 

11 minutes ago, Nick said:

Exiect a few changes in the starting line up with returning players 

if we play our game we can win this .. but maidenhead will Bebe trying to get their season back on track 

0-1 to the shaymen 

safe travels all those who make the journey 

come on shaymen....come on shaymen 

Johnson 

Ducky - Brown - Clarke - Binnom-Williams 

Cooper    -   Staunton 
Allen                    C.King             Macalinden

Sho-Silva

That’s what team I’d go with. Think Wild will do that too or might change Allen for J.King

Tough game but an awful pitch. We got battered there last season by a midget called Josh Kelly so hopefully this time we come back with a point or 3. 

Edited by TJAshton

17 minutes ago, TJAshton said:

Johnson 

Ducky - Brown - Clarke - Binnom-Williams 

Cooper    -   Staunton 
Allen                    C.King             Macalinden

Sho-Silva

That’s what team I’d go with. Think Wild will do that too or might change Allen for J.King

Tough game but an awful pitch. We got battered there last season by a midget called Josh Kelly so hopefully this time we come back with a point or 3. 

Personally as i said on the other thread i think he will go more Beefy in the defense mid roles. If Maher is fit i'd be surprised if he's not alongside Staunton. 

I'm not reading the injuries updates as Browny being ready. It says Maher & Allen have played this week in training games but doesn't say the same about Browny. Besides which we really dont want them rushing back to soon,we have full knowledge of the damage that can do. Staunton has been excellent in Brownys absence and I wouldn't be worried if he played there again today. But I think we need Jamie Allen back on the wing, Liam McC & Toby look much better when he's up front with them. I would also prefer to see Nial eased back in rather than throwing him straight back into the team. Have him on the bench, which to be fair could look very strong at the moment.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, archietaylor7 said:

I'm not reading the injuries updates as Browny being ready. It says Maher & Allen have played this week in training games but doesn't say the same about Browny. Besides which we really dont want them rushing back to soon,we have full knowledge of the damage that can do. Staunton has been excellent in Brownys absence and I wouldn't be worried if he played there again today. But I think we need Jamie Allen back on the wing, Liam McC & Toby look much better when he's up front with them. I would also prefer to see Nial eased back in rather than throwing him straight back into the team. Have him on the bench, which to be fair could look very strong at the moment.

Pete wild Said in an interview they’re all available for selection today 

33 minutes ago, Greggs said:

Personally as i said on the other thread i think he will go more Beefy in the defense mid roles. If Maher is fit i'd be surprised if he's not alongside Staunton. 

No. He’s been out for too long to just start a game 

I know Maidenhead are something of a bogie team for us, but I think we will be too strong for them.

Play as we have so far this season & we will come away with the win.

Top scorers in the division (like it so much I will say it again :)) TOP SCORERS IN THE DIVISION,

this is a game to cement our place at or near the top of the league & set us up for 2 home games.

Browny unlikely to be risked, same set up as last week with Allen recalled & Liam & Tobi up top. 

too much pace in our front line to consider anything other than another convincing win.

1-3 to the Shaymen.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, TJAshton said:

Pete wild Said in an interview they’re all available for selection today 

FC Halifax Town will travel to Maidenhead United this week, here is our latest injury update

Niall Maher:  Niall has had a good week and got some much needed minutes under his belt during a training game in the last week. He could be in contention for the fixture vs Maidenhead.

Matty Brown: Browny is continuing with his high standards throughout his rehab and we are looking increasing his exposure to football training.

Jamie Allen: Jamie has progressed quickly and also got some big minutes under his belt in a training game this week. He could be in contention for the fixture vs Maidenhead.

I know this is two days old TJ, but it doesn't seem to suggest to me that Browny will play. I know we want him back ASAP but not at the expense of risking further injury. As I said, I'm personally happy with Staunton in there. We are more about the attack these days so it's about Jamie for me, and Maher on the bench.

2 minutes ago, archietaylor7 said:

FC Halifax Town will travel to Maidenhead United this week, here is our latest injury update

Niall Maher:  Niall has had a good week and got some much needed minutes under his belt during a training game in the last week. He could be in contention for the fixture vs Maidenhead.

Matty Brown: Browny is continuing with his high standards throughout his rehab and we are looking increasing his exposure to football training.

Jamie Allen: Jamie has progressed quickly and also got some big minutes under his belt in a training game this week. He could be in contention for the fixture vs Maidenhead.

I know this is two days old TJ, but it doesn't seem to suggest to me that Browny will play. I know we want him back ASAP but not at the expense of risking further injury. As I said, I'm personally happy with Staunton in there. We are more about the attack these days so it's about Jamie for me, and Maher on the bench.

And this is taken from courier a day later with tom scargill

Wild said injured trio Matty Brown, Jamie Allen and Niall Maher all have a chance of making the squad on Saturday after taking part in an in-house game against Bradford on Tuesday.

For me, I don’t think browny will play today.  Maybe their trying to mess with Maidenheads preparation 

• Like 1

Be harsh to drop Cooper who to me has looked really solid since he has joined. I don’t think Brown will be back today so I expect Staunton and Clarke at centre half and Maher to come in for Nolan to play alongside Cooper 

36 minutes ago, archietaylor7 said:

To be fair guys, why mess with a winning team. They're not really doing a lot wrong. Start with last weeks team and use the recovering lads as subs?

I almost agree Archie but William's was awful last week. Allen on right Mcalinden to left. Save journey and respect to all the Town fans making the trip today, only a week after the Dover game.

Edited by born to moan

1 hour ago, FCHT1993 said:

Be harsh to drop Cooper who to me has looked really solid since he has joined. I don’t think Brown will be back today so I expect Staunton and Clarke at centre half and Maher to come in for Nolan to play alongside Cooper 

Wouldn’t drop him at all. I’d drop Nolan. Cooper has been great since coming in. 

Staunton and Cooper In midfielder and Brown And Clarke at back 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, born to moan said:

I almost agree Archie but William's was awful last week. Allen on right Mcalinden to left. Save journey and respect to all the Town fans making the trip today, only a week after the Dover game.

Allen for Williams then?

I'd swap Nolan and Williams for Maher and Allen. I don't think Marty Brown will be back yet. If he was and fit them he'd be at centre half.

Anyway, let's hope the lads travel back with 3 points in the back pocket and we go top of the league.

UTS.

23 minutes ago, Erik Everhard said:

I'd swap Nolan and Williams for Maher and Allen. I don't think Marty Brown will be back yet. If he was and fit them he'd be at centre half.

Anyway, let's hope the lads travel back with 3 points in the back pocket and we go top of the league.

UTS.

Maher shouldn’t start. Staunton shouldn’t lose out he should be with Cooper In midfielder with Clarke and brown at back 

Would not start all three returning players ..too much risk 

would only start those who we realistically could expect to complete 90 mins 

it does not mean they have to .. but if other substitutions are needed then they would have too

think Allen is the lowest risk of the returners then Maher

brown to me is on the bench  .. and gets 20-30 mins 

Cooper and Staunton play the same role so might struggle as a pairing like last season when Fullarton was trying to play Maher and Staunton in the same role . Maher is more your exclusive sit in front of the defence midfielder whilst Cooper and Staunton look to get around the field a bit more

13 minutes ago, Wilder Bollox said:

Cooper and Staunton play the same role so might struggle as a pairing like last season when Fullarton was trying to play Maher and Staunton in the same role . Maher is more your exclusive sit in front of the defence midfielder whilst Cooper and Staunton look to get around the field a bit more

But Maher and Staunton worked well this season until his injury? It’s just a case of we had a **** manager! 

Edited by TJAshton

19 minutes ago, TJAshton said:

But Maher and Staunton worked well this season until his injury? It’s just a case of we had a **** manager! 

Because Staunton was in the more advanced 'Cooper' role

Same as last week for me an earlyish goal for town and then hit them on the break late on for 2nd goal.. (or a fashionable LML ... last minute lob!)  

2-0 to town! COME ON!!!