Sign in to follow this  
shaymen down under

Maher/injuries

1 hour ago, born to moan said:

Are you related to Maher?

Ha ha, I dont think he is, bit he clearly knows enough about playing the game, and can see a players worth even though hes not running around like a headless chicken all game!

On 10/2/2019 at 3:39 PM, chrisbo61 said:

Ha ha, I dont think he is, bit he clearly knows enough about playing the game, and can see a players worth even though hes not running around like a headless chicken all game!

Even when Jan Molby was about 16 stone he could still play the game because he read the game better than anyone else on the pitch and he could pass a ball too.

I do like a player who'll give it his all for 90 mins but there are other players who have a football brain and who can read things and be in position before the pass has been made.

Edited by Erik Everhard
  • Like 2

On 10/1/2019 at 2:45 PM, Broncos777 said:

Cant see Maher being risked this weekend at all, perhaps on bench next week

Allen should start in place of Williams (but on the right of course)

Must be tempting to bring Brown straight back in, as missed so much, and against a big tough side, but I'd be wary; prob easier to start comeback with home games so I suspect he'll brought back next week 

Maybe could do with a postponement on Saturday; lots of rain down South this week and Maidenhead often first location to be called off

If played will be mud bath - not great for players returning from injury or ball players like C King;  Cameron prob also on bench to start and expect a hard slog and possible defeat 1-0 (but not the end of the world if we escape injuries or cards

Especially on a pitch that slopes in about a dozen different directions.

5 hours ago, noelm1979 said:

Especially on a pitch that slopes in about a dozen different directions.

Ducky injured himself falling down a pot hole during the half time warm up the other year.

2 hours ago, chadders said:

Ducky injured himself falling down a pot hole during the half time warm up the other year.

Where there’s blame there’s a claim.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, chadders said:

Ducky was going through a period he could have fallen over a match box and get injured.:D

3 minutes ago, Riders of Rohan said:

Brown and Maher must start on Saturday if fit, Nolan and Staunton to have a rest on bench.

Reading between lines of update on official website, expect Maher and Allen to be in squad on Saturday, but Browny May still be out.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Riders of Rohan said:

Brown and Maher must start on Saturday if fit, Nolan and Staunton to have a rest on bench.

Update suggest Brown not yet ready, Maher and Allen possible.