born to moan

Mad money, and politics and history and international law, and climate change, and Brexit, and Chinese imports, and Diane Abbott, and Donald Trump, and the General Election, and the NHS.

I've just watched a recording of Johnson Corbyn debate. Corbyn's proposal for Brexit should he become PM. Negotiate  a new deal that includes staying in the customs union. Then have a referendum that includes the new deal and an option to remain. That referendum would again be near enough 50 50 without a doubt, so we would once again be up in the air. I would personally would not vote because I wouldn't want a deal where we are not leaving, we are still in a customs union. On the other hand I don't want to remain. Corbyns answer to everything is throw money at it. It was a debate between 2 very poor politicians. I fear for the future. I will on Thursday be voting Conservative only because there is no Brexit party man to vote for in the Calder Valley constituency. I would urge Halifax voters to vote for the Brexit party. Nigel Farage is the future.

Edited by born to moan

Nigel Farage will be obsolete once Brexit is fully carried out. 

Fair play in that he put pressure on and succeeded in his wish to exit the European Union. I just don't see what purpose he shall serve and so in my opinion I don't think he's the future. 

He will be trying his hardest to stay relevent by popping up on TV shows once his MEP job goes and he has nothing to lobby for. 

I can't wait for him and his party to go the same way as his last shower UKIP. 

7 hours ago, born to moan said:

I've just watched a recording of Johnson Corbyn debate. Corbyn's proposal for Brexit should he become PM. Negotiate  a new deal that includes staying in the customs union. Then have a referendum that includes the new deal and an option to remain. That referendum would again be near enough 50 50 without a doubt, so we would once again be up in the air. I would personally would not vote because I wouldn't want a deal where we are not leaving, we are still in a customs union. On the other hand I don't want to remain. Corbyns answer to everything is throw money at it. It was a debate between 2 very poor politicians. I fear for the future. I will on Thursday be voting Conservative only because there is no Brexit party man to vote for in the Calder Valley constituency. I would urge Halifax voters to vote for the Brexit party. Nigel Farage is the future.

The tories have had three and a half years and haven't done it, what makes you think they are going to do it now? Plus theres more to life than Brexit, think of all the rest of the rubbish the tiries are peddling!

Nigel Farage is an establishment tool, he has not got your interests at heart.

Just now, chrisbo61 said:

The tories have had three and a half years and haven't done it, what makes you think they are going to do it now? Plus theres more to life than Brexit, think of all the rest of the rubbish the tiries are peddling!

Pray tell me Chris, which one has?

Just now, Steve Lanzarote said:

Pray tell me Chris, which one has?

Well having experienced both Tory and labour govt over the years I would say life is better under a labour government!

6 minutes ago, chrisbo61 said:

Well having experienced both Tory and labour govt over the years I would say life is better under a labour government!

Honest Tony ? Gentlemen Gordon ? A pair of Tories infiltrating the Labour ranks ? OK, Gordon was probably representing one of the fringe Scottish parties

12 minutes ago, chrisbo61 said:

Your being the politician Chris that´s not what I asked.:D

1 minute ago, Steve Lanzarote said:

Your being the politician Chris that´s not what I asked.:D

Not intentional steve, but I would definitely trust corbyn over jonson, a proven liar!

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, shaymanjoe said:

Made up! They are all actors! Its tory propaganda! Beleive that ant you'll beleive anything! Standard Tory. 

12 hours ago, Hoddie said:

I don't get the love-in for David Milliband. Tony Blair MKII, just like his brother, comprehensively dismissed by the electorate. I think New Labour did a lot of good but they were Tories flying under a different colour. Like Corbyn and his colleagues or not, but the current leadership of Labour are closer to the historic roots and ideals of the party than Blair, Brown or Milliband ever got.

During the time I've been politically aware, probably since William Hague was leader of the Tories, you would be hard pressed to tell the main two parties apart so close were their policies. That's not healthy for a democracy. UKIP had a chance to change British politics for good but our constituency system prevented them getting the MPs their share of the vote deserved. The Libs tried to get proportional representation through as a condition of their entering coalition in 2010, but the Tories and Labour were never going to support that because they would be the only losers.

You make some very interesting points. Personally I think most of the country would prefer our politicians to consistently tread the middle ground. Wild swings from hard right to hard left results in a bumpy path for most of us. That said there isn’t much evidence that coalition’s work in the U.K. I think Farage is the most honest of a very bad bunch of options. Pity I don’t agree with all of his plans. It’ll be The Tories for me this time, but only because I think Corbin is incredibly dangerous and would be an embarrassment to the country. 

3 minutes ago, Richmond96 said:

You make some very interesting points. Personally I think most of the country would prefer our politicians to consistently tread the middle ground. Wild swings from hard right to hard left results in a bumpy path for most of us. That said there isn’t much evidence that coalition’s work in the U.K. I think Farage is the most honest of a very bad bunch of options. Pity I don’t agree with all of his plans. It’ll be The Tories for me this time, but only because I think Corbin is incredibly dangerous and would be an embarrassment to the country. 

So what you are saying is you are a fascist!

You dont care about anyone but yourself, but constantly moan about the state of the country

Cognitive dissonance at its finest!

3 hours ago, chrisbo61 said:

Didn’t have a majority.. 

labour stated position last parliament was to support brexit but was to oppose anything the government proposed 

so the outcome was obvious ..stalemate 

10 hours ago, born to moan said:

To me a referendum based on a customs union deal (half in) and staying in ..would not solve the issue ..as exit totally was not on the table 

the referendum if held should be transferable vote 

remain, half in, totally out .. 

the Tories if they have a majority ..will be out ., the question then is what trade deal is done. 

14 minutes ago, Richmond96 said:

All I want is a party that treads the middle ground 

nothing is gained by big political swings every 5-10 years 

nick 

11 minutes ago, chrisbo61 said:

So what you are saying is you are a fascist!

You dont care about anyone but yourself, but constantly moan about the state of the country

Cognitive dissonance at its finest!

Wow .. it’s comments like this that stop me voting labour.. 

the Labour Party in its current guise is about hate and spreading social war 

New Labour for all its faults tried to work for the whole of the country 

1 hour ago, Nick said:

Snowflake

Rubbish

I agree

1 hour ago, Nick said:

This is exactly how I feel with Labour at the moment. If you speak out about something you don't like you are rounded upon and abused (or have people post down right lies about you). 

Hopefully in a week Corbyn has gone and we can start a re-build. 

8 minutes ago, Flea said:

This is exactly how I feel with Labour at the moment. If you speak out about something you don't like you are rounded upon and abused (or have people post down right lies about you). 

Hopefully in a week Corbyn has gone and we can start a re-build. 

I think what it is, is people are sick to death of the outright lies and the appalling way the country is being run that makes people angry,  and when faced with 'but corbyn is scruffy' or ' but wheres the money coming from?' It just makes it even worse. We've had ten years of public sector wage suppression, lost countless police, armed forces, border guards,  and the social safety net has been nearly wiped out, yet still people vote for more of the same! Truly baffling!