Jump to content
born to moan

Mad money, and politics and history and international law, and climate change, and Brexit, and Chinese imports, and Diane Abbott, and Donald Trump, and the General Election, and the NHS.

Recommended Posts

Just heard Boris on the radio, questioned about this document. Still denying there will be any sort of border (customs checks). He is either lying - hoping to get through and beyond the GE with any major issue (similar to avoiding Andrew Neil), has a card up his sleeve or simply doesnt have a clue.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, Bubba said:

Just heard Boris on the radio, questioned about this document. Still denying there will be any sort of border (customs checks). He is either lying - hoping to get through and beyond the GE with any major issue (similar to avoiding Andrew Neil), has a card up his sleeve or simply doesnt have a clue.

All of the above 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If his lips are moving its a fair sign he is either insulting the working class or lying. Or lying about not insulting the working class.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Boris is a proven liar with a long track record of bullshitting. His waffle is a well rehearsed routine to bluff and disguise it. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Hoddie said:

Boris is a proven liar with a long track record of bullshitting. His waffle is a well rehearsed routine to bluff and disguise it. 

Did his training on HIGNFY 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Hoddie said:

Boris is a proven liar with a long track record of bullshitting. His waffle is a well rehearsed routine to bluff and disguise it. 

He's a politician Hoddie. I know some aren't so bad but a hell of a lot will lie and promise you the earth to get your vote and then do feck all that they promised to do.

We need a new system.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Erik Everhard said:

He's a politician Hoddie. I know some aren't so bad but a hell of a lot will lie and promise you the earth to get your vote and then do feck all that they promised to do.

We need a new system.

The starting point would be no career politicians 

I would want parliament to be people from all walks of life ..a true presentation of the country 

then may be politicians would find we all have a lot more in common.. and there would be no enemies 

all politicians want the best for the country  the only thing they disagree about is the best way to achieve this 

nick 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Boris will do well to avoid Andrew Neil at all costs if he is properly advised. Better to be thought of as a fool than speak out and have it confirmed.!

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Nick said:

The starting point would be no career politicians 

I would want parliament to be people from all walks of life ..a true presentation of the country 

then may be politicians would find we all have a lot more in common.. and there would be no enemies 

all politicians want the best for the country  the only thing they disagree about is the best way to achieve this 

nick 

I'd have a maximum term of 12-15yrs as some just sit there in parliament for years without doing owt. 

Saying that, Corbyn and Johnson wouldn't be anywhere near under my plans! 

People like Dennis Skinner eff me off. He makes a joke as black rod walks past as the state opening of parliament happens and that's all he's known for. Sat in that seat for 30+ years and the old codger needs to sod off. 

Ken Clarke thankfully is. Too many are comfortable without doing owt constructive. 

Edited by Icke's Lizard

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Nick said:

The starting point would be no career politicians 

I would want parliament to be people from all walks of life ..a true presentation of the country 

then may be politicians would find we all have a lot more in common.. and there would be no enemies 

all politicians want the best for the country  the only thing they disagree about is the best way to achieve this 

nick 

I think Labour are planning to stop MPs from holding down second jobs, which means MPs would have to at least do their job properly. It's not easy representing a constituency and doing all the rest of political work.

 

25 minutes ago, Icke's Lizard said:

I'd have a maximum term of 12-15yrs as some just sit there in parliament for years without doing owt. 

Saying that, Corbyn and Johnson wouldn't be anywhere near under my plans! 

People like Dennis Skinner eff me off. He makes a joke as black rod walks past as the state opening of parliament happens and that's all he's known for. Sat in that seat for 30+ years and the old codger needs to sod off. 

Ken Clarke thankfully is. Too many are comfortable without doing owt constructive. 

Hey! Won't hear a bad word about Dennis Skinner, he's a very important representative in the house and rightly rubs up the establishment the wrong way. 

One solution to the problem of 'career politicians' is to have proper democratic accountability within parties. Something people like me have supported in Labour but are always accused of 'bullying' because the current rules only allow a group to run a negative campaign against any incumbent they're dissatisfied with. Mandatory reselection would mean that if an MP is taking the Mickey, has passed their sell by date, or is downright letting their constituents down then they will face an election to stand in the seat on every election. This would also end the practice of parachuting in privileged party favourites into safe seats, like how a certain Tony Blair somehow was the MP for Sedgefield near Durham.

Edited by olitheshayman
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, olitheshayman said:

I think Labour are planning to stop MPs from holding down second jobs, which means

Would support that .. but would take some careful definition 

would sponsorship count .. union or company 

woukd unpaid charitable work count 

woukd writing a book count 

I really support the idea of MPs effectively having no outside support .. and then clear  conflict of interest quarantine periods once they leave parliament.. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Nick said:

Would support that .. but would take some careful definition 

would sponsorship count .. union or company 

woukd unpaid charitable work count 

woukd writing a book count 

I really support the idea of MPs effectively having no outside support .. and then clear  conflict of interest quarantine periods once they leave parliament.. 

Union sponsors, if they stood, would have to face a vote against other candidates, as would sponsored candidates from whatever moneyed/influential sector. They'd be put forward to  party members and the winner would go through as democracy permits. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, born to moan said:

The present agreement between Boris and the EU won't matter if he gets a majority. We will just leave with no deal.

Then the fun will start!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, born to moan said:

The present agreement between Boris and the EU won't matter if he gets a majority. We will just leave with no deal.

Never going to happen. Boris is a Fraud.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’d be surprised if there is much of note yet to come. Ms Abbott has clearly been kicked into the long grass and told to stay out of sight. Boris should keep to visiting the old dears and avoiding Shredded Wheat Head. Could be like the big fight this weekend. No idea who will win that one either!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Flea said:

2DC2AEF7-9B22-4A85-ABB4-2AA61C0EE7BB.jpeg

And what makes it even more hilarious is hes got a capo on his guitar and hes playing above it! That's not happening, what a fake! 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Lammie said:

Boris will do well to avoid Andrew Neil at all costs if he is properly advised. Better to be thought of as a fool than speak out and have it confirmed.!

The real fool is the Labour negotiator who agreed to Corbin been interviewed by Andrew Neil without getting an agreement that Boris had to do likewise. Typical Corbin bollocks. Why would we let them negotiate an exit deal with EU when nobody else on the Labour Front Bench wants out (apart from Corbin). You just can’t make it up. Politics is at an all time low in the U.K.. Where is David Milliband when we need him. Enjoying life in New York. Why would he want to fight with Unite. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Richmond96 said:

The real fool is the Labour negotiator who agreed to Corbin been interviewed by Andrew Neil without getting an agreement that Boris had to do likewise. Typical Corbin bollocks. Why would we let them negotiate an exit deal with EU when nobody else on the Labour Front Bench wants out (apart from Corbin). You just can’t make it up. Politics is at an all time low in the U.K.. Where is David Milliband when we need him. Enjoying life in New York. Why would he want to fight with Unite. 

I don't get the love-in for David Milliband. Tony Blair MKII, just like his brother, comprehensively dismissed by the electorate. I think New Labour did a lot of good but they were Tories flying under a different colour. Like Corbyn and his colleagues or not, but the current leadership of Labour are closer to the historic roots and ideals of the party than Blair, Brown or Milliband ever got.

During the time I've been politically aware, probably since William Hague was leader of the Tories, you would be hard pressed to tell the main two parties apart so close were their policies. That's not healthy for a democracy. UKIP had a chance to change British politics for good but our constituency system prevented them getting the MPs their share of the vote deserved. The Libs tried to get proportional representation through as a condition of their entering coalition in 2010, but the Tories and Labour were never going to support that because they would be the only losers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...