Jump to content
born to moan

Mad money, and politics and history and international law, and climate change, and Brexit, and Chinese imports, and Diane Abbott, and Donald Trump, and the General Election, and the NHS.

Recommended Posts

18 hours ago, Richmond96 said:

The obvious one is -  0.1 per cent of tax payers (30,000 people) pay 12 percent of total income tax take and approx 6 percent of total tax revenues. If tax rates go to Corbin levels many of these people will leave the country, so tax collected crashes and less is available to pay for services. It’s possible many other also leave making the situation even worse. 

5  Percent of taxpayers generate 50 percent of the total take. 

Corporation Tax increases would lead to a similar moves out to countries like Ireland, Holland, Luxembourg. 

Its a delicate balance but Corbin has got it seriously wrong. Hopefully the opinion polls are right and Corbin gets stuffed and Unite have a rethink. 

 

They won't leave the country, they say this literally every single time even the slightest raise in tax is mentioned. First of all, why the hell should we let rich people blackmail us? We should be more mad with them than the person who actually is gonna try and stop them by clamping down on tax avoidance and tax evasion. It's just an empty threat, and we shouldn't let them take our democracy hostage and try to make the poor continue to pay for the mistakes of the rich. Would they really, really leave behind all their assets if they live here in the first place? All their family, all their factories and employees? All their fixed capital? nah, they'd probably just stay put and be a bit disgruntled. We need to stop being such bootlickers for the super rich, especially when they're making so many people's lives utterly miserable.




 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, ColinCanberra said:

Could never vote for IRA lover no matter what he could do for me. 

IRA lover? You know he condemned their violence and spoke with them and with leaders from the Loyalist paramilitaries to negotiate a peace process as an envoy of Mo Mowlam. He got involved to deescalate the violence. In doing so he had to meet with people who had been in the IRA, UVF and the political wings of the republicans and the unionists, whether Sinn Fein or the DUP. It was a crucial part of the peace process which was heading nowhere with a hardline military process as there was in the 1980s.
 

Edited by olitheshayman
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, olitheshayman said:

IRA lover? You know he condemned their violence and spoke with them and with leaders from the Loyalist paramilitaries to negotiate a peace process as an envoy of Mo Mowlam. He got involved to deescalate the violence. In doing so he had to meet with leaders form the IRA, UVF and the political wings of the republicans and the unionists. It wa sa crucial part of the peace process which was heading nowhere with a hardline military process as there was in the 1980s.
 

Corbyn invites 2 IRA Volunteers Linda Quigley and Gerry MacLochlainn to the house of commons just 2 weeks after the Brighton Conserative bombing long before the peace talks.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Corbyn also met Hamas and Hezbollha  terrorists in the past. Seems to be a habit with Corbyn, meeting terrorists.

 

 

Edited by Shaytrev

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, olitheshayman said:

They won't leave the country, they say this literally every single time even the slightest raise in tax is mentioned. First of all, why the hell should we let rich people blackmail us? We should be more mad with them than the person who actually is gonna try and stop them by clamping down on tax avoidance and tax evasion. It's just an empty threat, and we shouldn't let them take our democracy hostage and try to make the poor continue to pay for the mistakes of the rich. Would they really, really leave behind all their assets if they live here in the first place? All their family, all their factories and employees? All their fixed capital? nah, they'd probably just stay put and be a bit disgruntled. We need to stop being such bootlickers for the super rich, especially when they're making so many people's lives utterly miserable.




 

A lot of people left in the 70’s and not all came back in the 80’s. Even Corbin isn’t saying he’ll confiscate assets, so people can simply sell their homes, move domicile and pay tax in their new home. They are not blackmailing anyone. They have multiple homes, some abroad already, so it’s easy for them to up sticks and go. Don’t see how they make other people’s lives a misery. Their taxes help pay for our services. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Richmond96 said:

A lot of people left in the 70’s and not all came back in the 80’s. Even Corbin isn’t saying he’ll confiscate assets, so people can simply sell their homes, move domicile and pay tax in their new home. They are not blackmailing anyone. They have multiple homes, some abroad already, so it’s easy for them to up sticks and go. Don’t see how they make other people’s lives a misery. Their taxes help pay for our services. 

A property owned abroad entitles you to have an offshore account which pays a darn good interest rate. No need to leave the country.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, olitheshayman said:

IRA lover? You know he condemned their violence and spoke with them and with leaders from the Loyalist paramilitaries to negotiate a peace process as an envoy of Mo Mowlam. He got involved to deescalate the violence. In doing so he had to meet with people who had been in the IRA, UVF and the political wings of the republicans and the unionists, whether Sinn Fein or the DUP. It was a crucial part of the peace process which was heading nowhere with a hardline military process as there was in the 1980s.
 

He met, was friends with Gerry Adams and Martin McGuiness before that. Labour gained power in 97 which means the peace process was after that. I've seen photos of Adams and Corbyn on several occasions before that date and at least one photo from the 80's.

I suppose his links with the terrorists in Northern Ireland would have made him a standout choice to help bring all sides to the table in the late 90's but it's the level of his involvement with these people before sanctioned meetings that's the problem.

We've seen Adams smile when Corbyns name has been mentioned and then he described him as a friend of Ireland. I suppose we'll never quite know exactly what he means. Fans of Corbyn will say it's brokering a deal and critics will say he supported their armed struggle.

We'll never know.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It amazes me how so many simply refuse to accept any criticism or anything wrong with Corbyn. He is the sole reason why Labour are losing support - and in many ways he is the person to blame for the Tory's being in power.

What it has shown however is just how vile and disgusting the extreme left are. Deliberately mis representing facts, out right lying, going on personal attacks, trying to ruin reputations, shouting down and harassing others, getting others to harass on their behalf.... all fair game if you dare to pick apart the laughable claims they make. Its a smoke screen and mirrors attack on everyone and everything.

How many people have read this supposed redaction document  about the NHS being up for sale? I have today. It shows the Tory's to be sly bastards, however IT DOES NOT agree in any way to sell the NHS, or to make deals with the US that involves it, or any drugs it may use. There is a lot of American "spit balling" about what they would like, however there is NOTHING from the UK side that agrees or even shows support to those ideas. 

You simply can not trust the Tory's and I hope when they get in in December it will be with the weakest power possible and will be a case of them out on their arse in 18 months / 2 years, however, lets be clear here - CORBYN HAS LIED about the contents of this report. His claims that a deal has been done is a LIE . His claim that the NHS is on the table for talks is a LIE . It is a deliberate and intentional misrepresentation of the contents. 

If you were being cynical, one could question why documents that have been publicly available online for over two months (And you can go find them on Reddit, with them unredacted having been posted 2 months ago) were being used yesterday, the day after Corbyn was made to look a right tit by Andrew Neil. I'll give you my theory as to why - because in typical style with this horrible militant brand of Labour, when they are put on the back foot with something they wish to avoid, they bring out an all out attack of smoke and mirrors. They invent "facts", take things out of context and scream things that simply aren't true. (Again, like our resident militant nut job here has done). 

Why can't the extreme left of Labour see that what they are doing is damaging their party? Once Corbyn goes and Labour become votable again, these idiots will also either need purging from the party, or will have some serious damage limitations to go through. In their small little bubble they think everyone is in agreement with them - yet the vast majority - a good 99% of both Labour and non Labour supporters are just simply disgusted by them. 

Boris is a prick, not trustworthy and is an utter disgrace. Those are his plus points. Yet Corbyn and his ilk are simply vile and make the prick that is Boris the only viable option. Instead of looking at why so many people are pissed off with Corbyn and his supporters, they just shout down everyone else with abuse and keep throwing slurs and accusations around. The way they are going I fear we may well see more blood spilt, as they are resorting to dirty tactics trying to destroy people. 

Its dirty politics at the moment - and those playing dirty are sadly not the Tory's. Each passing day with this aggressive brand of far left extremism is causing more and more damage and if it continues I can't see Labour getting in to power for a long time. 

Edited by Flea
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Flea said:

It amazes me how so many simply refuse to accept any criticism or anything wrong with Corbyn. He is the sole reason why Labour are losing support - and in many ways he is the person to blame for the Tory's being in power.

What it has shown however is just how vile and disgusting the extreme left are. Deliberately mis representing facts, out right lying, going on personal attacks, trying to ruin reputations, shouting down and harassing others, getting others to harass on their behalf.... all fair game if you dare to pick apart the laughable claims they make. Its a smoke screen and mirrors attack on everyone and everything.

How many people have read this supposed redaction document  about the NHS being up for sale? I have today. It shows the Tory's to be sly bastards, however IT DOES NOT agree in any way to sell the NHS, or to make deals with the US that involves it, or any drugs it may use. There is a lot of American "spit balling" about what they would like, however there is NOTHING from the UK side that agrees or even shows support to those ideas. 

You simply can not trust the Tory's and I hope when they get in in December it will be with the weakest power possible and will be a case of them out on their arse in 18 months / 2 years, however, lets be clear here - CORBYN HAS LIED about the contents of this report. His claims that a deal has been done is a LIE . His claim that the NHS is on the table for talks is a LIE . It is a deliberate and intentional misrepresentation of the contents. 

If you were being cynical, one could question why documents that have been publicly available online for over two months (And you can go find them on Reddit, with them unredacted having been posted 2 months ago) were being used yesterday, the day after Corbyn was made to look a right tit by Andrew Neil. I'll give you my theory as to why - because in typical style with this horrible militant brand of Labour, when they are put on the back foot with something they wish to avoid, they bring out an all out attack of smoke and mirrors. They invent "facts", take things out of context and scream things that simply aren't true. (Again, like our resident militant nut job here has done). 

Why can't the extreme left of Labour see that what they are doing is damaging their party? Once Corbyn goes and Labour become votable again, these idiots will also either need purging from the party, or will have some serious damage limitations to go through. In their small little bubble they think everyone is in agreement with them - yet the vast majority - a good 99% of both Labour and non Labour supporters are just simply disgusted by them. 

Boris is a prick, not trustworthy and is an utter disgrace. Those are his plus points. Yet Corbyn and his ilk are simply vile and make the prick that is Boris the only viable option. Instead of looking at why so many people are pissed off with Corbyn and his supporters, they just shout down everyone else with abuse and keep throwing slurs and accusations around. The way they are going I fear we may well see more blood spilt, as they are resorting to dirty tactics trying to destroy people. 

Its dirty politics at the moment - and those playing dirty are sadly not the Tory's. Each passing day with this aggressive brand of far left extremism is causing more and more damage and if it continues I can't see Labour getting in to power for a long time. 

Well the propaganda worked on you didn't it!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, chrisbo61 said:

Well the propaganda worked on you didn't it!

It's comments like this and a total inability to debate that has helped to hand the election to the Tories on w plate.

Boris Johnson could turn up at Buckingham Palace and rude th Queen round the garden with him in her back like a donkey and he'd still increase his vote share.

No facts, no credible policies, no leader and no truth.

The sooner this absolute shambles of an election is over the better.

Then we can get well and truly ripped off by our EU "friends" when they steal our brass and take a damn good wedge out of our profits.

Do some research, r and my posts..........zzzzzz.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Erik Everhard said:

It's comments like this and a total inability to debate that has helped to hand the election to the Tories on w plate.

Boris Johnson could turn up at Buckingham Palace and rude th Queen round the garden with him in her back like a donkey and he'd still increase his vote share.

No facts, no credible policies, no leader and no truth.

The sooner this absolute shambles of an election is over the better.

Then we can get well and truly ripped off by our EU "friends" when they steal our brass and take a damn good wedge out of our profits.

Do some research, r and my posts..........zzzzzz.

Gobble, gobble!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Shaytrev said:

Corbyn also met Hamas and Hezbollha  terrorists in the past. Seems to be a habit with Corbyn, meeting terrorists.

 

 

Brilliant. They all lie to get power, but Corbin’s judgement is terrible. Thick as a brick. Will be interesting to see if Boris gets interviewed by Andrew Neil. He’ll be exposed if he does but shamed if he doesn’t. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, chrisbo61 said:

Well the propaganda worked on you didn't it!

If by propaganda you mean I took the time to read the document that was supposed to be the smoking gun on the Tory's selling the NHS, then yes, you are right.

I was willing that report to be true and to show they had done a deal. The sad truth is, it isn't. Its another Corbyn LIE and another smear attack by the militant left. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, chrisbo61 said:

Gobble, gobble!

Well, it makes more sense than your other posts and I suppose it's almost seasonal (still ruddy November )

Got to say a big well done to a branch of Morrisons in Leeds yesterday for not playing Christmas music. I'd been in a few shops that day and I'd had to suffer the terrible drones of Wizard and The Pogues and Kirsty McColl. But in Morrisons we had normal music. Probably not my cup of tea but still better than Christmas pop songs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Erik Everhard said:

Well, it makes more sense than your other posts and I suppose it's almost seasonal (still ruddy November )

Got to say a big well done to a branch of Morrisons in Leeds yesterday for not playing Christmas music. I'd been in a few shops that day and I'd had to suffer the terrible drones of Wizard and The Pogues and Kirsty McColl. But in Morrisons we had normal music. Probably not my cup of tea but still better than Christmas pop songs.

Grinch 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Steve Lanzarote said:

McDondald & Corbyn attending jail wedding of Guilford 4 and people honestly want them running this country.Corbyn and McDonnell were in attendance at the wedding to show their support for Paul Hill, one of four men serving nine life sentences for the 1974 Guildford pub bombings, which killed five people. A year later, their convictions were overturned

Is that the same Guildford 4 that were proved innocent?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, chrisbo61 said:

Is that the same Guildford 4 that were proved innocent?

Yes it is but way long after this photo and the Birmingham bombings he protested for at the same time?

I´m not politically motivated any more, I think they are all a waste of space and cannot believe that our country is so devoid  of leaders, but don´t get me going on Corbyn and his IRA and terrorist connections.

Edited by Steve Lanzarote

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Steve Lanzarote said:

Yes it is but way long after this photo and the Birmingham bombings he protested for at the same time?

I´m not politically motivated any more, I think they are all a waste of space and cannot believe that our country is so devoid  of leaders, but don´t get me going on Corbyn and his IRA and terrorist connections.

Steve you cant get going on it because it's all a pack of lies!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...