born to moan

Mad money, and politics and history and international law, and climate change, and Brexit, and Chinese imports, and Diane Abbott, and Donald Trump, and the General Election, and the NHS.

1 hour ago, chrisbo61 said:

Tory voters ! They literally spend all their lives moaning about how shite things are and then vote for the party that caused the mess in the first place.

My favourite saying sums them up, turkeys voting for xmas!

State of the roads= Gov underfunding!

Massive NHS waiting lists= Gov underfunding

Homeless = Gov underfunding

No police=Gov underfunding

The list is endless and the turkeys seem to take some pride in the gov that underfunded everything!

I cant get my head round it.

Old Briggus saying. " If tha can't afford it tha can't have it".

2 minutes ago, born to moan said:

Old Briggus saying. " If tha can't afford it tha can't have it".

Ha ha, so you bought your house for cash after saving up for it did you?

2 minutes ago, chrisbo61 said:

Like millions of others I had to prove I could afford the mortgage before getting one. We then had to pay a 10% of the cost of the house upfront. If I had not kept up the mortgage payments the house would have been taken off us. That's the way it was.

2 minutes ago, born to moan said:

Like millions of others I had to prove I could afford the mortgage before getting one. We then had to pay a 10% of the cost of the house upfront. If I had not kept up the mortgage payments the house would have been taken off us. That's the way it was.

Just like me btm bought a house Cragg Lane, Mytholmroyd for 2350 pounds paid 235 deposit rest on mortgage didn´t sleep for a month.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Hoddie said:

It's not about spending, it's about borrowing. But, if you want to talk about spending, the Tories have spent more in every year since 2010 than any previous UK government in modern times. In real terms. In order to do this they have also borrowed more in 9 years than every single previous Labour government have ever done added together. Again, in real terms. They also borrowed much more than they claimed Labour would have done had they won the 2010 election.

And yet this is called austerity ? I don’t understand 

48 minutes ago, Nick said:

And yet this is called austerity ? I don’t understand 

You tell me where the money went. The facts are there. Record receipts. Record borrowing. Record spending. And still austerity. Services cut to the bone, some privatised, some removed altogether.

1 hour ago, born to moan said:

That's the way it still is. But it's much harder to prove affordability now that jobs for life are a thing of the past for most people. So much more agency working, self-employment, zero hours contracts, fixed-term deals and all the rest of it. Not to mention that house prices have risen much faster than wages in almost every single year for decades.

We had a chat about mortgages the other week when at my mate's house. He pays £50 a month for his mortgage while his next door neighbour pays just shy of £400 for essentially the same house bought about 15 years later. I daren't tell you what I used to pay, or what I'll be paying next year if my plans to build come to fruition.

1 hour ago, born to moan said:

Exactly! You borrowed the money! Just like governments do, except governments borrow from themselves so it's not quite the same!

2 minutes ago, chrisbo61 said:

Exactly! You borrowed the money! Just like governments do, except governments borrow from themselves so it's not quite the same!

Otherwise known as quantitative easing...or printing your own money.

Just now, greg45 said:

Otherwise known as quantitative easing...or printing your own money.

Well not really but if it makes it easier for you!

18 hours ago, chrisbo61 said:

No but you Plan to pay back your mortgage 

the UK is 1,800,000,000,000 in debt ... with no plans to pay it off .. only grow the debt more slowly 

you would not do that if you bought a house would you ? 

unless you had a northern rock mortgage and we know what happened to them 

17 hours ago, chrisbo61 said:

Governments don’t borrow from themselves 

they issue government bonds into the market with an agreed rate of interest 

as you borrow more .. the interest need to keep borrowing goes up as your country become more of a risk 

.. currently we pay 50 billion a year in interest on our 1.8 trillion debt 

hardly borrowing from ourselves 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Hoddie said:

You tell me where the money went. The facts are there. Record receipts. Record borrowing. Record spending. And still austerity. Services cut to the bone, some privatised, some removed altogether.

Yes that’s the big question 

current government spending at 820 billion a year where does it all go 

and before we keep throwing more money at the issues facing the country could we not get better value on what we spend 

nick 

29 minutes ago, Nick said:

Yes that’s the big question 

current government spending at 820 billion a year where does it all go 

and before we keep throwing more money at the issues facing the country could we not get better value on what we spend 

nick 

It's all about priorities, each party has different ideals and will spend in those areas.

3 hours ago, chrisbo61 said:

It's all about priorities, each party has different ideals and will spend in those areas.

Another old Briggus saying "Put tha money where tha gob is".