born to moan

Mad money, and politics and history and international law, and climate change, and Brexit, and Chinese imports, and Diane Abbott, and Donald Trump, and the General Election, and the NHS.

I still don't think I'll vote but the Lib Dems seem to have some very good policies.

Free child care, train fares frozen for five years, legalising and taxing canabis, another referendum on Brexit (which I hope will then put an end to it all and hopefully stop this dreadful deal), lots of cash going into education and more going into the NHS.

The two main parties have poor leadership and are offering very little.

Time to cast them aside and go a different route perhaps?

I won't be voting at all. It's overrated.

The election campaigns should be a series of trials, a bit like these dreadful Jungle type programmes where skint celebs pretend to slum it.

Corbyn should have to eat slugs and then sing a Tailor Swift number whilst dressed up as her, a bit like that other dreadful programme where people pretended to be a famous singer and Mathew Kelly was the presenter.

The next part would be something along the lines of Superstars, the 80's telly programme where sports stars would take part in different sporting events other than their normal sport to see who was the Superstar. Brian Jack's, the Judo expert was one of the best and I think he's still doing bar press ups now as he refuses to give in. That's dedication.

The next part would be Call My Bluff and it would consist of policies that the relevant leader was pushing in their manifesto only they'd actually have to own up  and tell everyone that there's absolutely no chance of it ever happening and it's just a lie to win votes.

Then for the last couple of days they can all carry on muttering tripe about how good they are until the election takes place.

Edited by Erik Everhard

At this point in time Im thinking of just spoiling my vote. Might just scribble non of the above and write in Freddy Fox. 

A tactical vote to go against Labour, to have any impact, would have to go to the Conservatives and I simply can't tick that box.

Any other vote, especially locally, is wasted really. 

I can't give it Labour under its current leadership and outside of the "big two" the only person talking any sort of sense at the moment is Farage - and he is a complete and utter prat. 

Edited by Flea

11 minutes ago, Wilder Bollox said:

'It's A Knockout' covers all of the above with good old Eddie and Stuart left to run the country and deliver Brexit as the final obstacle course challenge

Brilliant assessment 

12 minutes ago, Wilder Bollox said:

'It's A Knockout' covers all of the above with good old Eddie and Stuart left to run the country and deliver Brexit as the final obstacle course challenge

Eddie has died and Stuart Hall.......

BoJo caught fluffing his figures when talking about the proposed National Insurance cuts. Says raising the threshold to £9,500/year will save 'all working people' £500/year. He was challenged repeatedly on this yet he was adamant that his figures were correct. They aren't. Not even close.

Will the papers be ripping him apart for this like they did with Abbot? Of course not. Will the regular users on here who slag her off for her inability to hold figures be slagging BoJo off for the same issue? I won't hold my breath. Nothing to do with the fact she's a woman and he's a womaniser. And that she's black and he's white. No, nothing to do with any of that. It's just a coincidence that the entire world jumped on Abbot for getting her figures wrong, but haven't jumped on BoJo for the same reason.

• Like 4

Boris is a *ucking liability,  we know . Which liability would you prefer ran the Government ? Sadly their advisers are also high on drugs and way out of touch . I presume he may have mixed up £5.00 and £500, we've all done it on a night out

Anyone see Len McCluskey on TV last night? Frightening how much they are going to borrow. Interest rates may be at an all time low, so if your going to borrow now is the time to do it. But they’ll go up when we least expect it, leaving our children and their children with huge debt repayments. Why do Labour always loose control of the purse strings? Like some of their ideas but can’t vote for them as they have no grasp of arithmetic. If they win it’ll end in tears. 

13 minutes ago, Richmond96 said:

Anyone see Len McCluskey on TV last night? Frightening how much they are going to borrow. Interest rates may be at an all time low, so if your going to borrow now is the time to do it. But they’ll go up when we least expect it, leaving our children and their children with huge debt repayments. Why do Labour always loose control of the purse strings? Like some of their ideas but can’t vote for them as they have no grasp of arithmetic. If they win it’ll end in tears. 

Aaa excuse me they have mathematician Diane Abbott.

13 minutes ago, Richmond96 said:

Fact is labour are fiscally way more astute than the Tories, they have borrowed less and paid back more, this government has borrowed more than every labour government ever!

You need to do some homework.

20 hours ago, chrisbo61 said:

I think the issue is really should private companies be profiting from our national health service!

That really is the ridiculous argument you expect from the commie left. The NHS buys stationary from private companies - is that profiteering? The NHS buys ambulances from private companies - is that profiteering? The NHS no doubt buys fuel for these vehicles from private companies - is that profiteering? What about food? Cleaning products?

12 minutes ago, Bubba said:

That really is the ridiculous argument you expect from the commie left. The NHS buys stationary from private companies - is that profiteering? The NHS buys ambulances from private companies - is that profiteering? The NHS no doubt buys fuel for these vehicles from private companies - is that profiteering? What about food? Cleaning products?

If you dont understand what I mean that's fine, avoids coming across as having completely missed the point!

Typical far right comment!

15 minutes ago, Bubba said:

Quite different from using staff employed by private companies. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Hoddie said:

Quite different from using staff employed by private companies. 

Very, yes. But Labour keep claiming the Tories are selling off the NHS - as they have every election.

"I think the issue is really should private companies be profiting from our national health service!"

The fact is, the NHS being publicly owned, or taking something into public ownership, will not stop private companies profiting.  

9 minutes ago, Bubba said:

Very, yes. But Labour keep claiming the Tories are selling off the NHS - as they have every election.

"I think the issue is really should private companies be profiting from our national health service!"

The fact is, the NHS being publicly owned, or taking something into public ownership, will not stop private companies profiting.  

Yes it will, the contracts will be kept in house and not given to private companies!

So the NHS is going to start manufacturing its own stationary, growing its own food, building its own ambulances?

54 minutes ago, chrisbo61 said:

If you dont understand what I mean that's fine, avoids coming across as having completely missed the point!

Typical far right comment!

It's a stupid genericism from the Labour party. I have several friends who do work for both the NHS (because they believe in it) and for private companies who sell into the NHS (because they want to top up their salary). They work long weeks, and they choose to do so. Do you think they want the government to put a stop to them being able to work for private companies in order to top up their salary? What do you think will happen if they do that? I'll tell you what will happen - the majority will choose to leave the NHS full stop rather than lose their private salary.

Under Labour they are looking at going from working a 50-70 hour week earning good money to a 32 hour week. That sounds incredibly beneficial, right? Erm.... 

20 minutes ago, Bubba said:

So the NHS is going to start manufacturing its own stationary, growing its own food, building its own ambulances?

You couldn't make it up. A complete misunderstanding of how business (and specifically the NHS) works is shown by Labour and the majority of their supporters (the vocal ones anyway).

28 minutes ago, chrisbo61 said:

Yes it will, the contracts will be kept in house and not given to private companies!

One of the most stupid comments I've ever read. Contracts for what exactly?

The problem the NHS has is not helped by people abusing it and using it when not needed. For example, going into A and E for paracetamol when you aren’t well. Those people clog up the system and will demand paracetamol, which they eventually get. Those paracetamol cost the NHS a couple of quid to get off their suppliers, along with the time cost of dealing with the people waiting. You can however pop into any supermarket or high street shop and buy a pack of the exact same paracetamol, just in different packaging, for 30p. 

However we are not in a position to tell those clogging up the waiting rooms for these to bugger off and buy their own paracetamol instead of getting it for free, and those at the NHS are not allowed to go buy the 30p box ones, they have to buy the couple of quid ones off their supplier list, even though its the same product.

Then its the same for plastic gloves they only use once. Pay a few quid off their suppliers compared to getting a box of them for the same price elsewhere.

The NHS is superb but is hamstrung a lot with stupid rules on where they can buy stuff from and in not being able to tell time wasters to get their own medicine when its really the best option. 

Edited by Flea

8 minutes ago, Flea said:

The problem the NHS has is not helped by people abusing it and using it when not needed. For example, going into A and E for paracetamol when you aren’t well. Those people clog up the system and will demand paracetamol, which they eventually get. Those paracetamol cost the NHS a couple of quid to get off their suppliers, along with the time cost of dealing with the people waiting. You can however pop into any supermarket or high street shop and buy a pack of the exact same paracetamol, just in different packaging, for 30p. 

However we are not in a position to tell those clogging up the waiting rooms for these to bugger off and buy their own paracetamol instead of getting it for free, and those at the NHS are not allowed to fo buy the 30p box ones, they have to buy the couple of quid ones of their supplier list, even though its the same product.

Then its the same for plastic gloves they only use once. Pay a few quid off their suppliers compared to getting a box of them for the same price elsewhere.

The NHS is superb but is hamstrung a lot with stupid rules on where they can buy stuff from and in not being able to tell time wasters to get their own medicine when its really the best option. 

I know from personal experience that procurement with anything to do with public services - the council, NHS, etc - is amateur. There is the attitude of an open cheque book, with value for money not necessarily high on the list of priorities.