born to moan

Mad money, and politics and history and international law, and climate change, and Brexit, and Chinese imports, and Diane Abbott, and Donald Trump, and the General Election, and the NHS.

1 hour ago, chrisbo61 said:

I completely understand what hes saying, in fact if you read back I agreed with him about the fact that the decline in the fishing industry is consumer led as much as anything, but for some reason he went off on one about shopping locally which is completely irrelevant to the initial comment.

Which was how fishing in this country has been in decline for decades due mainly to the industrialisation of the sector! Massive trawlers catching tons of fish can sell it cheaper than the one man band in his little boat out of Whitby!

Simple economics!

I see - what I don't see however is how when we took 20,000 to Whitby a few years back that didn't single-handedly revive the fishing industry in this country?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, greg45 said:

I see - what I don't see however is how when we took 20,000 to Whitby a few years back that didn't single-handedly revive the fishing industry in this country?

Because we all went to the pub for beer & steak pies:o

48 minutes ago, Wilder Bollox said:

What happens in Whitby stays in Whitby !

A few years ago an old workmate of mine took his wife to Whitby for the day. Come lunchtime they naturally had to have Fish and Chips. My mates wife sat on the wall outside the Fish shop while Pete went to get the grub. Out he came a tray of fish and chips in each hand. A few yards off his wife the seagull swooped, Pete tried his best but the seagull grabbed a fish which broke in half, half a fish away in the seagulls beak the other half on the floor. Pete handed his wife the untouched tray, then looking at his own thought I don't remember putting Salad Cream on the chips. Yes you're right the seagull had not only pinched his fish it sh!t on his chips. He's never been back to Whitby.

Edited by born to moan
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, Hoddie said:

It's funny you should say that, as I know someone from Halifax who apparently works on BoJo's political team, has done for years supposedly. 

Initials PY? He's worked for the Tories for over ten years.

7 minutes ago, Erik Everhard said:

Initials PY? He's worked for the Tories for over ten years.

Ha went to Italy 1990 with Pete if it’s the same one 

Just now, Erik Everhard said:

An ex resident of Siddal has worked for them for a fair while. His initials are PY.

Maybe that's how the one I know ended up working for BoJo? I only know third hand but the person who told me knows them very well. I think they work for BoJo rather than the Tories though.

22 hours ago, chrisbo61 said:

Exactly, just like everyone buys from supermarkets because they buy and sell it cheaper than the corner shop can!

this is what you said

when I challenged you on this you said in the real world people could not afford to shop there and that I was living in la la land if I thought they could 

I just showed you why through food waste it was a false economy 

quite simple if you open you mind to other views 

that's the problem today both Labour and Tories ...remain and brexit think their ideas are correct and other side are just fools 

what happened to finding a compromise..thats how you unite people 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Nick said:

this is what you said

when I challenged you on this you said in the real world people could not afford to shop there and that I was living in la la land if I thought they could 

I just showed you why through food waste it was a false economy 

quite simple if you open you mind to other views 

that's the problem today both Labour and Tories ...remain and brexit think their ideas are correct and other side are just fools 

what happened to finding a compromise..thats how you unite people 

You get me wrong! I agree with you, and my wife and I always shop day to day, locally and try not to waste, but, the majority of people do not! In fact there are even TV programmes educating people who over shop, and end up wasting food! 

All I'm pointing out is that this is the majority, we seem to be the minority!

2 hours ago, Jmc said:

Didn’t know what he did work wise these days , 

Bumped into him about 10 years ago and he working as an advisor for the Tories.

Whether he still does I don't know 

1 hour ago, chrisbo61 said:

You get me wrong! I agree with you, and my wife and I always shop day to day, locally and try not to waste, but, the majority of people do not! In fact there are even TV programmes educating people who over shop, and end up wasting food! 

Great to hear .. yes you are a minority !!! 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, chrisbo61 said:

Me too. I don't buy more than two days worth of food at a time.

I'll buy a few tins to have in the cupboard like soup and beans but I'll normally just buy for that day. If they e got a decent deal on for two items if the same thing I might buy two and freeze it but it suits me better to buy each day. 

Easier to carry too.

• Like 1

I’ve made up some tarka dhal and that’s got to be a god-tier low waste meal. Lentils, onions, tomatoes and a spice mix all served with rice. Some of the cheapest ingredients going. Complete protein, veg, carbs and heat. Benevolent energy, and one of the finest tasting meals going when you get it right. 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Pliny Harris said:

I’ve made up some tarka dhal and that’s got to be a god-tier low waste meal. Lentils, onions, tomatoes and a spice mix all served with rice. Some of the cheapest ingredients going. Complete protein, veg, carbs and heat. Benevolent energy, and one of the finest tasting meals going when you get it right. 

I'm quite fond of lentil cottage pie. Sweet potato mash, jobs a good an.

I would have been tempted to add some spinach to your ingredients and make a kind of vegi Saag.

I eat a lot of spinach.

6 hours ago, Erik Everhard said:

I would have been tempted to add some spinach to your ingredients and make a kind of vegi Saag.

I eat a lot of spinach.

Bit of olive oil on the side for an occasional dip? 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Erik Everhard said:

I eat a lot of spinach.

Made a sublime saag paneer a few weeks ago, and a very similar dish of palak paneer this week gone where the paneer’s uncooked and the spinach is blitzed. Prefer the former, but it’s veggie calcium central and a favourite here and in its country of origin ;)

• Like 1

On 11/14/2019 at 3:49 PM, Pliny Harris said:

Made a sublime saag paneer a few weeks ago, and a very similar dish of palak paneer this week gone where the paneer’s uncooked and the spinach is blitzed. Prefer the former, but it’s veggie calcium central and a favourite here and in its country of origin ;)

An old mate of mine has an organic allotment. Some of the veg he's growing looks superb and I can't wait to get my hands on some of his tomatoes (chortle fnarr fnarr )

5 hours ago, Erik Everhard said:

An old mate of mine has an organic allotment. Some of the veg he's growing looks superb and I can't wait to get my hands on some of his tomatoes (chortle fnarr fnarr )

Which Farm Assurance scheme has given him his accreditation ?

On 11/14/2019 at 12:20 AM, Erik Everhard said:

I eat a lot of spinach.

Erik if you eat a lot of spinach why don't you change your forum tag name to Popeye. Chrisbo Bluto might stop trying to bully you then.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1