born to moan

Mad money, and politics and history and international law, and climate change, and Brexit, and Chinese imports, and Diane Abbott, and Donald Trump, and the General Election, and the NHS.

36 minutes ago, born to moan said:

The party has to change or die after last nights result, it will change.

Hope you right .. but nothing I heard from the far left suggests they have learnt anything 

the two things they say dominated the election  was brexit and it was raining yesterday ... 

I`ve stayed out of this until now, but as the NHS has been used a football, I just thought I`d throw a few numbers into the arena, not that I expect some to accept them, even though they are on public record.

I don`t agree with the privatisation  of the NHS partly, fully or in any guise you care to mention. Gordon Brown (remember him?) handed over contacts  from the NHS to the private sector  during his tenure as PM equating to 7% of the NHS budget. In 2019 that figure is unchanged, so who has sold out what?

As for our sparkling `new` hospital, also signed off on a PFI deal by Brown was budgeted to cost £34.8 million. By the time it was built it cost £103 million. In August 2017, the hospital still owed £425 million on the original amount. They have the option to end the contact 30 years earlier  (in 2031) than contacted  if they pay an extra £40.3 million, which would bring the total spend to £740 million.

Our hospital is one of 5 in the Yorkshire and Humber committed to paying £3.8 BILLION on these PFI deals. Guess where all the profits go, and it isn`t into hospital services.

Extrapolate these numbers across the UK, and work out how many people could have been treated using the money the Labour administration has gifted to the private sector.

The NHS isn`t safe ,,,blah, blah, blah

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, chrisbo61 said:

It's all hypothetical anyway, I dont think they would vote to leave, but it is a possibility!

Joxit here we come! I hope the female BCR realises she would have to fund a hard border with England, and put up with dissenters insisting on a "people's vote" for the next 4 years!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Angus said:

I`ve stayed out of this until now, but as the NHS has been used a football, I just thought I`d throw a few numbers into the arena, not that I expect some to accept them, even though they are on public record.

I don`t agree with the privatisation  of the NHS partly, fully or in any guise you care to mention. Gordon Brown (remember him?) handed over contacts  from the NHS to the private sector  during his tenure as PM equating to 7% of the NHS budget. In 2019 that figure is unchanged, so who has sold out what?

As for our sparkling `new` hospital, also signed off on a PFI deal by Brown was budgeted to cost £34.8 million. By the time it was built it cost £103 million. In August 2017, the hospital still owed £425 million on the original amount. They have the option to end the contact 30 years earlier  (in 2031) than contacted  if they pay an extra £40.3 million, which would bring the total spend to £740 million.

Our hospital is one of 5 in the Yorkshire and Humber committed to paying £3.8 BILLION on these PFI deals. Guess where all the profits go, and it isn`t into hospital services.

Extrapolate these numbers across the UK, and work out how many people could have been treated using the money the Labour administration has gifted to the private sector.

Thanks for your post and it's a very scary situation they have put us in.

2 hours ago, Roy Race said:

Yes, won't be more specific only end up with begging letters:D

I'm in both constituencies which is probably partly why Calderdale MBC became so confused that they excluded me from voting :lol:

1 hour ago, Wilder Bollox said:

I'm in both constituencies which is probably partly why Calderdale MBC became so confused that they excluded me from voting :lol:

Complain to your MP:ph34r:

2 hours ago, kit said:

Joxit here we come! I hope the female BCR realises she would have to fund a hard border with England, and put up with dissenters insisting on a "people's vote" for the next 4 years!

Hope they take their share of the national debt with them.

I read in the Guardian online that a wealthy European family have just bought a £65m house in London after last night's election result.

The £ is at a 19 month high against the $.

Let's hope the fridge magnet attracts the oil magnates.

2 hours ago, Roy Race said:

Hope they take their share of the national debt with them.

What that based on the population 8% or that based on their share of government spending 10% 

22 minutes ago, Erik Everhard said:

I read in the Guardian online that a wealthy European family have just bought a £65m house in London after last night's election result.

Well that’s a lot of stamp duty 

Edited by Nick
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Erik Everhard said:

Anyone who pays £65m for a house in a **** hole needs to be sectioned.

7 hours ago, Shaytrev said:

Anyone who pays £65m for a house in a **** hole needs to be sectioned.

Why?

15 hours ago, Angus said:

Nice cut and paste!

16 hours ago, Angus said:

According to full facts the major government started pfi contracts, the labour party of Blair took full advantage of the system to build hospitals, schools etc, 

38% of pfi taken out were under the labour government, that means that 62% of pfi were taken out under conservative governments!

21 minutes ago, chrisbo61 said:

Nice cut and paste!

All my own work. 

Sorry you can’t accept reality but that’s your problem not mine. Anyway, your commie mates have been exposed for what they are and as a result they have gifted the Tories power for possibly a generation. 

In the meantime, anyone want a unicorn shelter? I bought one in anticipation but it seems I won’t be getting mine now?

• Haha 2

33 minutes ago, chrisbo61 said:

Saw on tv that literally on the day after the election some tory espousing an insurance based healthcare!

I think it was an interview on LBC Radio. I saw it doing the rounds on Twitter. 

11 hours ago, Erik Everhard said:

If you can afford £65m on a house then you don't even give stamp duty a thought.

Sure you can but it will 14.85% or just under 10 million .. regardless of how rich you are it will be a lot of cash 

Edited by Nick
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, Icke's Lizard said:

I think it was an interview on LBC Radio. I saw it doing the rounds on Twitter. 

There will always be some calling for an insurance based system 

but that does mean they will get it 

sensible politicians know it’s a vote loser 

What often gets ignored is the evolution of the NHS. To start off with its was designed to provided a basic level of care. Now people get cosmetic surgery (depending on their post code). If we didn’t waste money on boob jobs etc perhaps waiting times for essential treatments might fall meaningfully. Are our politicians honest enough to have an honest debate about such matters? Sadly no. 

• Like 1