born to moan

Mad money, and politics and history and international law, and climate change, and Brexit, and Chinese imports, and Diane Abbott, and Donald Trump, and the General Election, and the NHS.

6 minutes ago, Erik Everhard said:

Wears glasses bald head down the middle with a bit if hair either side. Sir John something or other. Works for national statistics or something like that. He knew that the Leave campain were going to win the referendum early in the night before Nigel Farage gave his acceptance that he'd lost speach only for him to then receive news that Leave were winning.

He always knows who will win and by how many seats. The guy is brilliant. Along with all his other boffins of course but he's the king boffin.

Sir John Curtice, polling guru from University of Strathclyde.

• Thanks 1

Halifax public know a total loser when they see one. Let’s hope Unite collapse and a more sensible Labour Party grows out of the ashes of a terrible defeat to the most useless Tory Party of all time. 

If Lynch has lost her seat it will be the first time the Tory’s have had it since 1983.

She would have lost it to a guy who lives in Oldham. 

If that doesn’t send out alarm bells I dont know what will.

9 minutes ago, Icke's Lizard said:

Anybody else think the BBC reporter Nick Robinson looks like Boothtown's most famous son John Christie! 

image.jpg

He lived in Black Boy House it's more top of Shivden thqn Boothtown.

11 minutes ago, Erik Everhard said:

He lived in Black Boy House it's more top of Shivden thqn Boothtown.

He was born there but also lived in Boothtown - Chester road.

12 minutes ago, shaykehands said:

He was born there but also lived in Boothtown - Chester road.

Ah right. My brother in law also lived in Black Boy House after Christie. I'm not sure if his dad bought it off whoever owned it when Christie lived there.

9 minutes ago, Richmond96 said:

Will Corbyn & McDonnell both resign in the morning? I certainly hope so but it’s probably 50/50.

Will they hell. It will be everyone elses fault but their own.

This defeat shows what I have said for months. Scumbags like Robert White peddling lies thinking they are fighting for the people - the people have seen through them for what they are. 

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Richmond96 said:

Will Corbyn & McDonnell both resign in the morning? I certainly hope so but it’s probably 50/50.

His position, after losing a projected 71 seats and achieving the worst result in modern times should make his position untenable.

So knowing what that fool is like no.

Don't forget how happy the fool was when he came second last time. It was his best result since coming fourth in the egg and spoon race at junior school.

Sod it I'll have my say seeing as the dream is all over. 

I voted Labour as I just cannot bring myself to vote for the conservatives because they never have and shall never represent the likes of me and labour were the best option to keep them out. 

I liked a lot of Jeremy Corbyn''s ideas and many of his values are on a par with mine and the way I've always felt even when I was a little kid such as not liking war, nuclear bombs.  

I like the idea of extra funding the NHS, more funding for the police force, mental health care, schools, transport links. 

I think it's a disgrace how some big corps don't pay their fare share in tax and I feel Corbyn was right to chase these people down and make them pay. 

I know he comes across as a wet blanket but the media attacks by the right wing press on him have been nothing shirt of disgusting. I can't blame that though because I think his stance on Brexit was pathetic and that is why a lot of people just didn't want to vote for him. Labour tried appeasing too many remain voters when they should have been letting democracy take it's course and let Brexit go through. Corbyn dithered and it's helped cost him. 

Dianne Abbott is a PR disaster and a dream for the opposition! That doesn't help. 

As for our own MP Lynch. Well she is a waste of space and I cannot think if a single thing she's done for this town. She had her chance and blew it so don't cry if you lose tonight. She voted against the wishes of this Brexit voting town and she backed remain and kept doing so in votes in parliament. 

These are different political times. This is the worst and lost inept government I can think of and yet labour can't even get close despite having 3 chances in the past 4 years! That just shows the Corbyn experiment has failed and they need to go in the morning and labour needs to rebuild. This country will never be on the far left. Yes it has compassion, but economically it's a centre-right thinking country IMO. 

I feel like I'm done with the Labour Party if it doesn't change and I really might consider supporting the Yorkshire Party and something I believe in. 

Sorry for the long post. Didn't mean to bore you!

It has to be the end of Corbyn.

Amazing how much sterling has grown since the exit poll was announced.

The extreme left are not wanted. It can't be any clearer. 

Labour can be saved only when these nut jobs are taken out of the party. The fear I have is that the extremest campaigners (Like Robert White) have alienated so many floating and past Labour voters with their behaviour. They also need to be thrown out of the party or need to massively change tact. 

Corbyn and Co have let everyone down. Its been known for years. The only difference now is his insider cult can not hide how EVERYONE in the public feels about them. The dirty tactics, the lies and the smears have not worked. 

Labour have been destroyed in this election by simply the worst Conservatives of all time. Let that sink in. 

9 minutes ago, Flea said:

It has to be the end of Corbyn.

Amazing how much sterling has grown since the exit poll was announced.

The extreme left are not wanted. It can't be any clearer. 

Labour can be saved only when these nut jobs are taken out of the party. The fear I have is that the extremest campaigners (Like Robert White) have alienated so many floating and past Labour voters with their behaviour. They also need to be thrown out of the party or need to massively change tact. 

Corbyn and Co have let everyone down. Its been known for years. The only difference now is his insider cult can not hide how EVERYONE in the public feels about them. The dirty tactics, the lies and the smears have not worked. 

Labour have been destroyed in this election by simply the worst Conservatives of all time. Let that sink in. 

Corbyn is a good back bench MP who can do good and help keep some things in check. 

I feel McDonnell is the idiot out of them both. He wants to go too far. You must admit they have some cracking ideas, but you'll also agree that this country shall never be on the far left. It's impossible to pinch Tory voters with such a far left manifesto.

One thing labour supporters need to do is drag themselves out of that echo chamber where they all back slap eachother and live in a fantasy utopia without realising that the Tories are winning. They're ego-maniacs who love RTs and likes and preach to the already converted! Infact they're quite thick!!! 

19 minutes ago, Icke's Lizard said:

Sod it I'll have my say seeing as the dream is all over. 

I voted Labour as I just cannot bring myself to vote for the conservatives because they never have and shall never represent the likes of me and labour were the best option to keep them out. 

I liked a lot of Jeremy Corbyn''s ideas and many of his values are on a par with mine and the way I've always felt even when I was a little kid such as not liking war, nuclear bombs.  

I like the idea of extra funding the NHS, more funding for the police force, mental health care, schools, transport links. 

I think it's a disgrace how some big corps don't pay their fare share in tax and I feel Corbyn was right to chase these people down and make them pay. 

I know he comes across as a wet blanket but the media attacks by the right wing press on him have been nothing shirt of disgusting. I can't blame that though because I think his stance on Brexit was pathetic and that is why a lot of people just didn't want to vote for him. Labour tried appeasing too many remain voters when they should have been letting democracy take it's course and let Brexit go through. Corbyn dithered and it's helped cost him. 

Dianne Abbott is a PR disaster and a dream for the opposition! That doesn't help. 

As for our own MP Lynch. Well she is a waste of space and I cannot think if a single thing she's done for this town. She had her chance and blew it so don't cry if you lose tonight. She voted against the wishes of this Brexit voting town and she backed remain and kept doing so in votes in parliament. 

These are different political times. This is the worst and lost inept government I can think of and yet labour can't even get close despite having 3 chances in the past 4 years! That just shows the Corbyn experiment has failed and they need to go in the morning and labour needs to rebuild. This country will never be on the far left. Yes it has compassion, but economically it's a centre-right thinking country IMO. 

I feel like I'm done with the Labour Party if it doesn't change and I really might consider supporting the Yorkshire Party and something I believe in. 

Sorry for the long post. Didn't mean to bore you!

I don't vote. It's a hell of a lot easier.

The people I trust I vote for. None of them.

Political parties are a bit like those people that try and sell you dodgy watches etc on holiday. They'll bombard you with offers until you ignore them and walk by and then their faces drop and you see the real th which is someone that just wants your money, or in the politicians case it's your vote.

I like the sound of Norway's political set up. Grown ups trying to come together and make the country a better place. Not squabbling like school kids against each other for ever more and putting their political party ahead of tjeif people and their country.

I also really like the Swiss system where the general public vote on lots of different issues and are actually more involved with the running of the country. 

So no nasty revolutions or anything like that just grown up and sensible running of the country we live in with lots more of the decision making on budgets etc made by us.

Arm or disarm? It goes to the general public.

A number of different budgets outto the people but at the same time a list of alter budgets. So for instance we spend £150 billion on the NHS but roads has to have £10billion less and so on. These figures could be put together by MP's alongside a chancellor that would be like the governor of the bank of England. That person would be aside from any party (in theory) and would try and run the economy as well as possible. They, along with analysts and MP's would come up with budgeting measures for us to vote on.

There are lots of issues and decisons that are made by the governing MP's and the opposition which we the people should be able to vote on. This would or could free up time for MP's to spend time doing what is best for their constituency and represent the people that voted for them. 

I could go on with lots of other ideas, one being using modern technology more, to vote, to have meetings and to hold parliament too, but it's late.

In short I feel our system needs to evolve massively and quickly.

5 minutes ago, Icke's Lizard said:

t's impossible to pinch Tory voters with such a far left manifesto.

The problem is they shouldn't have been trying to take Tory voters, they should have been targeting the floating voter, the undecided and those disillusioned with the Lib Dems. 

However, instead of trying to get those voters on side, they instead attacked them. 

The only people voting for Labour here are those that are life long Labour supporters. Floating support I would assume is at the lowest it has ever been. The undecided on the whole were put off by the negative aggressive tactics.

Maybe this result will make some wake up?

Its horrific for the country that the Tory's have got in and got in so easily - however its those at Labour that are to blame. Those at the top and their campaigners. 

The buck stops with Corbyn, he’s the leader. Though both should go. Their naive policies would have resulted in less tax being collected and the people they’re trying to help, suffering even more. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Flea said:

The problem is they shouldn't have been trying to take Tory voters, they should have been targeting the floating voter, the undecided and those disillusioned with the Lib Dems. 

However, instead of trying to get those voters on side, they instead attacked them. 

The only people voting for Labour here are those that are life long Labour supporters. Floating support I would assume is at the lowest it has ever been. The undecided on the whole were put off by the negative aggressive tactics.

Its horrific for the country that the Tory's have got in and got in so easily - however its those at Labour that are to blame. Those at the top and their campaigners. 

I think quote a few life long Labour voters have abstained.

A fair chunk of Labours votes came from the youth vote and the hard left.

A huge blow for Jezza was his links to terrorists. I feel the other big blow was his nonsensical and poorly worked out manifesto. But the former has hot him really hard.

Johnson will now turn up like a pig in shot thinking he's the most popular leader ever and thinking he's loved by the masses. In reality not many people like him and just like the centre ground Labour members, MP's and voters moving away from Corbyn, the same can be said for Johnson. But Johnson had one of Labours most unpopular leaders ever against him so he knew he'd absolutely walked it.

Just keep your trap shut and hide in a fridge till Friday................

8 minutes ago, Richmond96 said:

The buck stops with Corbyn, he’s the leader. Though both should go. Their naive policies would have resulted in less tax being collected and the people they’re trying to help, suffering even more. 

In the long run for definite. Not really that long a run either.

I read an interesting article last week about our country is creating the conditions for another crash.

If Corbyn had for in he'd heave helped it on its way far sooner than the Tories. This is something the country as a whole will have to look.

Time for Holly Lynch to earn her wage. Somehow she's managed to stay in. 

She's on her final warning from me now. Listen to your constituents or leave your post. Stop being useless and giving people very valid reasons to vote you out. 

6 hours ago, Flea said:

Even long standing labour voters have deserted, my mother in law is 76 voted labour all her life and yesterday voted conservatives. I suspect she wasn’t alone.

9 minutes ago, chrisbo61 said:

Dark days ahead.

Well, you lot down Hebden Bridge voted the Tory back in, only yourselves to blame.

I have to put up with an invisible MP for the next few years down here in Halifax. Why did over 20,000 vote for someone who has done virtually nothing for the Town ?