Jump to content
born to moan

Mad money, and politics and history and international law, and climate change, and Brexit, and Chinese imports, and Diane Abbott, and Donald Trump, and the General Election, and the NHS.

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, chrisbo61 said:

Hard left? What exactly do you classify as hard left? Public ownership,  national investment bank, national infrastructure investment? I'm interested to know.

People with money who take chances and invest in businesses that employ people who pay taxes and spend money. What will these entrepreneurs do if Communist Corbyn crawls his way somehow into number 10, simple they will take their money and businesses abroad. Leading as always to mass unemployment. Corbyn is the worst thing that could have happened to the Labour party. The unaffordable promises he makes to lie his way Into power beggars belief. The man is a boil on the arse of humanity. The sooner British politics is rid of him the better.

  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, born to moan said:

People with money who take chances and invest in businesses that employ people who pay taxes and spend money. What will these entrepreneurs do if Communist Corbyn crawls his way somehow into number 10, simple they will take their money and businesses abroad. Leading as always to mass unemployment. Corbyn is the worst thing that could have happened to the Labour party. The unaffordable promises he makes to lie his way Into power beggars belief. The man is a boil on the arse of humanity. The sooner British politics is rid of him the better.

Think you'll find the only mass unemployment In recent years has been under the tories!

Maggie's 3.5million.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, chrisbo61 said:

Think you'll find the only mass unemployment In recent years has been under the tories!

Maggie's 3.5million.

Unemployment is the lowest it’s been since approx 1973/74. Any praise for the current government in achieving that over the last few years?

Oh no I forgot - Labour governments love a bit of high unemployment, more benefits to dole out!

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, olitheshayman said:

This thread really has gone places. It could have been constructive, but alas...

Fundamentally people face a choice tomorrow between a party backed by billionaires, oil barons, arms traders and public school sadists, and a party that despite having hangovers from the Blair years really wants to properly fund public services by taxing the richest in our society rather than letting the rich off the hook and starting dodgy PFI schemes. As has been pointed out, the media who communicate the messages on all things politics tend to be owned by the former group, so really all we've done is a load of firefighting over who's accused of being what whilst the actual policies and politics have played second fiddle.

We also have overlooked mostly the fact that tomorrow we vote first and foremost for our local MP, so I'll give my tuppence worth here re: Calder Valley.

In Calder Valley the current MP argued to close down the A&Es in Calderdale and Huddersfield, thinking it would be just fine to move them to Leeds. Just two weeks after the Boxing Day floods in 2015 he voted against increasing the flood defence budget. Luckily the EU's flood funds have been a useful resource covering a third of the costs. Shame then that Whittaker has gone from being a staunch Remain voter to being a Theresa May ideal supporter to being a Boris Johnson deal supporter. He basically votes loyally for Tory cuts, and the only thing he broke the whip for was to vote against gay marriage and equal rights for LGBT people.


Meanwhile Josh Fenton-Glynn the Labour candidate has been fighting these cuts, trying to scramble together a functional council with a budget that's been cut by 60% since 2010. He doesn't belong to any particular 'set' which is reassuring. He's been working with the Slow the Flow campaign from day one, is a fierce critic of Northern Rail (whom Craig Whittaker is busy shmoozing in a bid to save them from having their pitiful service nationalised), and crucially stands against the school cuts which have left schools like Calder High in a state of disrepair for over a decade now and threaten to only get worse. He's a diligent and trustworthy public servant and well worth a vote if you're in the Calder Valley.
 

I’d love to know what my local candidates have been doing - unfortunately both Labour and Lib Dem candidates managed to continually send leaflets for the wrong constituency. Me thinks if they can’t even get that right, they probably wouldn’t be very good at the real job.

Edited by greg45

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Flea said:

I can't see things getting better tomorrow tbf. My ideal scenario is a hung parliament, Tory majority in like now, but even weaker. Labour take a huge pasting in the polls and lose tons of seats. Corbyn and his ilk get ousted, a centralist leader gets in.

18 month/2 years on we "go again" and this time Labour walks in. 

The Conservatives are to blame for this shitstorm that is Brexit - let those bastards sort the mess out. Lets not forget it was Cameron that caused this mess. 

There is no viable opposition to the shitshow that is the Tory's at the moment. The sooner those brainwashed within Labour get this the better. The Tory's are 100% not the answer - they will be horrific. However, they will be better than a Corbyn led government. 

Hung parliament is the worst option Flea because it will likely end up with Corbyn in no 10 propped up by Sturgeon. 

Remember that Cameron called the referendum to shut up the right of the conservatives, but it was the Labour hartlands that swung the vote.

The main problem as I see it is that both sides have taken steps away from the centre and have alienated the moderates within their parties, Cooper, Clarke, Grieve, Hammond etc and the extremist view is holding sway.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, greg45 said:

Unemployment is the lowest it’s been since approx 1973/74. Any praise for the current government in achieving that over the last few years?

Oh no I forgot - Labour governments love a bit of high unemployment, more benefits to dole out!

The figures are doctored. You can be classed as employed if you are on a zero hour contract and only work one day a month!

Smoke and mirrors!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Winston Churchill once said “in wartime truth is so precious that she should always be attended by a bodyguard of lies”. I think all the Parties in this election have forgotten we’re not at war. All the lies are distorting the selection process. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, greg45 said:

I’d love to know what my local candidates have been doing - unfortunately both Labour and Lib Dem candidates managed to continually send leaflets for the wrong constituency. Me thinks if they can’t even get that right, they probably wouldn’t be very good at the real job.

The Tories and the Greens are th only parties that have put anything through the letterbox. Nothing at all from Labour or the Lib Dems.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone else watch The Apprentice on TV, I would love to go back 40 years go on with a can't fail business plan. Pull a face and stick my tongue out at sour faced Karen Brady, call Claude a tosser and tell Lord Sugar to stick his £250,000 up his arse. Am I on my own?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, born to moan said:

Anyone else watch The Apprentice on TV, I would love to go back 40 years go on with a can't fail business plan. Pull a face and stick my tongue out at sour faced Karen Brady, call Claude a tosser and tell Lord Sugar to stick his £250,000 up his arse. Am I on my own?

Yes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, chrisbo61 said:

One for you brexiteers to ponder! You ain't getting Brexit anytime soon with jonsun !

Screenshot_20191211-215832_UK News.jpg

That's probably because he didn't and still possibly doesn't actually believe in Brexit. In fact Jeremy is more of a  life long eurosceptic than him. 

He just knew that it was an opportunity for him and he took a chance.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Icke's Lizard said:

Ketchup in the fridge? 

Now theres a debate worth another 100+ pages. I'm saying in the cupboard. 

None in the fridge. Well I only have brown and tomato sauce. Both cupboard.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Icke's Lizard said:

Ketchup in the fridge? 

Now theres a debate worth another 100+ pages. I'm saying in the cupboard. 

Why would you want warm ketchup? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Icke's Lizard said:

So my chips don't go cold! 

Your chips? They aren’t your chips they are our chips.

How about those that don’t have chips?

You should have 40% of your chips taken off you (50% if you have a jumbo portion) and they should be given to the chipless.

You fancy pants big shots with all the chips dont think or care about those without. Chips should be available for the many, not the few. 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Flea said:

7688A488-5F1E-4675-B8BE-792668F772E4.jpeg

The NHS is socialism in action. As are state pensions. As are benefits for the disabled. As is education that's free. As is social housing. As was the hugely successful east coast mainline in its recent and comparatively brief period of public ownership.
As was, most importantly, the bailing out of the casino bankers when those who decry socialism and extol the virtues of free markets, f***ed it up for all of us.
Time to change the record folks......

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Flea said:

Your chips? They aren’t your chips they are our chips.

How about those that don’t have chips?

You should have 40% of your chips taken off you (50% if you have a jumbo portion) and they should be given to the chipless.

You fancy pants big shots with all the chips dont think or care about those without. Chips should be available for the many, not the few. 

Wait until labour nationalise sausages. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...