Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Icke's Lizard

Can we do it?

Recommended Posts

I know I'll be accused by some of letting my imagination run away with itself but can we win this league and promotion? 

Im being deadly serious because whilst we have lost and been old manned against Yeovil (who are looking good) and Notts County. I feel this is a great chance for us to make a real fist of it this year. 

We have scored the most and are joint top for goals conceded. 

Fylde aren't much this year, Wrexham are already in a mess along with Chesterfield and Stockport are finding their feet back in a higher division. 

I just saw a tweet that said "it would be two fingers up to the rest of this league if little old Bromley won it!" 

It got me thinking why not us? 

We all want to get back in the league don't we? (Well most of us!!) I fear nobody in this league to be honest and I think our squad is enthusiastic and raw with good old heads like Clarke getting us through. 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Icke's Lizard said:

I know I'll be accused by some of letting my imagination run away with itself but can we win this league and promotion? 

Im being deadly serious because whilst we have lost and been old manned against Yeovil (who are looking good) and Notts County. I feel this is a great chance for us to make a real fist of it this year. 

We have scored the most and are joint top for goals conceded. 

Fylde aren't much this year, Wrexham are already in a mess along with Chesterfield and Stockport are finding their feet back in a higher division. 

I just saw a tweet that said "it would be two fingers up to the rest of this league if little old Bromley won it!" 

It got me thinking why not us? 

We all want to get back in the league don't we? (Well most of us!!) I fear nobody in this league to be honest and I think our squad is enthusiastic and raw with good old heads like Clarke getting us through. 

 

It's possible. We need luck with injuries and form. If we get that then I feel the play offs are in our hands but there's a long way to go and whatever happens, Pete has got the players playing the right way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We certainly need luck, anyone who wins a title needs that. We also need to steer clear of injuries in key areas.

little old Bromley have really invested and gone for it this season, I wouldn’t be surprised if their budget was bigger than ours.

Lets take it a game at a time but can we win the league? Of course we can!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

14 games into the season and the title is still in our hands. We have shown that we have the ability to win games consistently, we just need to be able to carry that over the season. Need luck, as any title winning side do - even Man City last season had their fair share.

it could still very easily fall away into mediocrity at this stage, but I don’t think it will. A little too early to be seriously getting excited about the title, but I fully believe we will finish in the top 7. 

anyway, 28 points, more than halfway to safety!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, it all depends on how consistent the other surprise packages are this season. Bromley's blip was partly down to them not having a sub keeper on the bench. If Yeovil play like they did against us then they will be right up there at the end of the season. We need to hold on to McAlinden in January to have a chance for the play offs. One of the biggest differences from last season is the quality of the signings and how they have hit the floor running from the first match. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We've been snubbed again from the newly announced live games for the next 2 months. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree with that. I’m happy for people to not talk about us being near the top. Nobody gave Macc a thought of winning the league until they lifted the trophy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There are so many obstacles to over come to secure the prize, injuries, weather, tactics, keeping hold of players, Morale, confidence, support, and consistency of other teams to name just a few, but! We can do it if we just add luck to the list.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Buddy said:

There are so many obstacles to over come to secure the prize, injuries, weather, tactics, keeping hold of players, Morale, confidence, support, and consistency of other teams to name just a few, but! We can do it if we just add luck to the list.

Against all the odds we appear to have all the above that we can vaguely control, the stars are aligned, mostly now down to lady luck & players wanting it .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Long way to go, anything could happen. Still could finish below mid table, could win the league. Dont need a thread starting every other week wondering what could be. Take it game by game and what will be, will be. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think a few too many are getting a little carried away.

McAlinden is out of contract at the end of the year, and could easily have better offers on the table.

A few key injuries to the small squad (as per Matty Brown) can disrupt the performances.

I don`t have the confidence that we will cope as well with the inevitable heavy pitches as we have playing football on the good surfaces we have generally had so far.

How will the small squad cope with the usual backlog of fixtures when the postponements (wet weather + swamp donkeys) kick in?

Don`t get me wrong, we are light years ahead of where we have been in the last couple of seasons, we just seem a little lightweight and inexperienced and perhaps it is just a year too soon for us.

Hope not, but I won`t be on North Bridge if we don`t make the play-offs.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Steve Lanzarote said:

At least we are in with  SHOUT Angus something I´ve not experienced many times in the last 70 tears watching.

There has been a hell of a lot of tears watching town over the years! haha :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wonder who holds the record for the number of times they have stomped out of The Shay shouting "I'm never coming back" only to go back after the dust has settled.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Belief

that’s what we need to maintain ..players club and supporters 

nick

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Ash said:

We've been snubbed again from the newly announced live games for the next 2 months. 

We should be on Numerous times over Christmas i'd be very surprised if we are not on more than once when theres. 

Halifax v Notts county. 

Stockport v Halifax.

Halifax v Chesterfield 

Halifax v Stockport. 

I fail to see how 2 of those wouldn't be selected. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Greggs said:

We should be on Numerous times over Christmas i'd be very surprised if we are not on more than once when theres. 

Halifax v Notts county. 

Stockport v Halifax.

Halifax v Chesterfield 

Halifax v Stockport. 

I fail to see how 2 of those wouldn't be selected. 

I'd rather we weren't on TV for any of these games. People will then have to go the matches to watch.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Stockport away i wouldn't mind purely because

a) I can't go

b) It may well be all ticket if we are still riding high

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Angus said:

I think a few too many are getting a little carried away.

McAlinden is out of contract at the end of the year, and could easily have better offers on the table.

A few key injuries to the small squad (as per Matty Brown) can disrupt the performances.

I don`t have the confidence that we will cope as well with the inevitable heavy pitches as we have playing football on the good surfaces we have generally had so far.

How will the small squad cope with the usual backlog of fixtures when the postponements (wet weather + swamp donkeys) kick in?

Don`t get me wrong, we are light years ahead of where we have been in the last couple of seasons, we just seem a little lightweight and inexperienced and perhaps it is just a year too soon for us.

Hope not, but I won`t be on North Bridge if we don`t make the play-offs.

I am glad it is not you but Pete Wild giving the motivational team talks

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Shaytrev said:

We can win it if Jekyll plays every week but if Hyde returns we have no chance.

No more Mr nice guy!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Flea said:

Keep under the radar. Nothing to see here, Pete Wild has just been building a donkey sanctuary. 

Yes. But without any donkeys this season!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...