Sign in to follow this  
Nick

Today’s game at Dover

1 hour ago, Buddy said:

It was fabulous and he did mean it!  It shows a good eye for chances and the courage to take them even when you know it Probs won't come off, having said that he is also noted for holding on to the ball to long especially around the box and I did see that a few time on Sat so there is a balance to be had , if he can work out thT balance and work on his stamina (which didn't appear to be a problem on Sat) he is going places in my opinion.

I think coolness and composure come first before sharpness of decision making.
But in case any scouts are reading, yeah, King is overrated, he dawdles on the ball, he's never gonna make it! Never! More like Cameron Pauper, am I right? Please don't put in a bid for him, you'll regret it.

• Like 2

Hats off to Sam Johnson for the save he made from the free kick on the edge of the box. 

He has come on leaps and bounds since we first had him in loan. He commanded the box well with good clear shouts when the ball came in from corners and free kicks. 

• Like 4

Dover are a tough side with plenty of experience;  with 5 ex-Maidstone players from their good side 2 years ago - although odd that keeper who hardly made an error on several seasons at Maidstone was possibly guilty on both goals. So a very good result

What I like especially was that Town seemed to outplay them and while having more lightweight players competed physically.  The excellent disciplinary record is going to be an advantage later on (only J King with 3+ bookings?) as cant afford suspensions; other Nat Lge teams seem to be picking up 3+ cards per game

Maidenhead are a big, rough awkward side, so next week will be a hard game - need Brown and J Allen back - and I'd be wary of them clogging Cameron King (may keep him on bench for last 25 mins to sneak a late winner if we can hold on till then).  A point, plus no injuries or cards would be bonuses.  

54 minutes ago, Wilder Bollox said:

Cameron King is not an impact substitute, he needs to start and be replaced if/when he becomes ineffective

While I agree-Cameron did wake us up a bit against Harrogate,Very poor till he came on...........oh and then we conceded in our best spell :doh:

1 hour ago, Wilder Bollox said:

Cameron King is not an impact substitute, he needs to start and be replaced if/when he becomes ineffective

Correct, score the goals early doors.

5 hours ago, Icke's Lizard said:

Hats off to Sam Johnson for the save he made from the free kick on the edge of the box. 

He has come on leaps and bounds since we first had him in loan. He commanded the box well with good clear shouts when the ball came in from corners and free kicks. 

Noticed commentators at start of game going on about the Dover keeper been rated by the manager as the best keeper in the league by far

I thought he was poor Saturday 

I wouldn’t swap Sam for any keeper in this league 

Quality

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Wilder Bollox said:

Totally agree, it’s got to be that way round

and I do think he does get a bit tired towards the end but with a full squad they is nothing wrong with Seventy decent minutes from him then subbed

2 hours ago, Grayski said:

Noticed commentators at start of game going on about the Dover keeper been rated by the manager as the best keeper in the league by far

Quality

I totally agree  ok, there was the penalty claim incident but I thought Same looked very calm and assured under pressure and he took the game in his stride. His distribution has improved too but that is one area of his game where there is still room for improvement.

Far better than the Dover keeper who I thought looked nervy. 

I'm really surprised a league club hasn't snapped Sam up.

10 hours ago, Grayski said:

Quality

He was shocking. If he’s ‘one of the best keepers in the league’ then no wonder we’re scoring so many :lol:

12 hours ago, Grayski said:

Quality

He needs plenty of work on his distribution & kicking.Too slow at times getting the ball moving.Fantastic shot stopper though.