Sign in to follow this  
Nick

Today’s game at Dover

7 hours ago, Icke's Lizard said:

I watched it in the bow leg and there were many town fans in and we were all singing, having the craic and taking the pi$$. 

That pub is usually full of fake Liverpool, Manchester City / United, Leeds fans. 

The pub never had an atmosphere like that tonight though. We celebrated and sung. We might have sounded and looked like dickhead$, but what a great advert for those who don't know that we have a professional team that represents our town, wins on the telly and has a devout fanbase. 

It beat anything them gloryhunting fans who support other clubs can muster. 

Cracking day out and I'm still on a high. I'll hardly kip tonight. 

City fans in the pub where I was singing the odd City song. But left the pub at half way through the second half???

Anyway, Town did the business and that's all that matters 

Edited by Erik Everhard

Couldn't watch the game because bath/bed time for the kids. Bloody stupid time for a football game.

But what a great result. Next up is bogey side Maidenhead - three points from them will cement in my mind that this side is destined for the play-offs at the very least.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Icke's Lizard said:

I watched it in the bow leg and there were many town fans in and we were all singing, having the craic and taking the pi$$. 

That pub is usually full of fake Liverpool, Manchester City / United, Leeds fans. 

The pub never had an atmosphere like that tonight though. We celebrated and sung. We might have sounded and looked like dickhead$, but what a great advert for those who don't know that we have a professional team that represents our town, wins on the telly and has a devout fanbase. 

It beat anything them gloryhunting fans who support other clubs can muster. 

Cracking day out and I'm still on a high. I'll hardly kip tonight. 

Watched in last post in ripponden and full of town fans. Singing pete wilds barmy army. Things are very good at the moment 

• Like 1

The ironic thing about the yesterdays match is i think we have all seen Cam King have better games. The one i am struggling with is William's I just don't get what he brings to the team, would much rather see Liam Mc on the left and even Hanson on the right before Williams !!

• Like 2

Not sure what Binom Williams did wrong but Williams in front of him for me has had 2 poor games in a row and offers little protection to the full back

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Ash said:

Not sure what Binom Williams did wrong but Williams in front of him for me has had 2 poor games in a row and offers little protection to the full back

Who said anything about binnom-williams...

Apologies for the confusion I was not on about the Bin Man i too thought he was ok yesterday, I would rather see Hanson playing wide right than Williams and Mc on the left.

Just now, Guido said:

Apologies for the confusion I was not on about the Bin Man i too thought he was ok yesterday, I would rather see Hanson playing wide right than Williams and Mc on the left.

Pretty obvious to anyone that you wasnt on about binnom-williams as you said you would rather see liam mcalinden on the left and think its clear nobody would put liam left back :rolleyes:

48 minutes ago, Ash said:

I agree to that. I've had big question marks over Williams since we signed him.

Edited by TheNorwegianViking

3 minutes ago, TheNorwegianViking said:

I agree to that. I've had question marks over Williams since we signed him.

I think McAlinden on the right was okay. But the players knew he was left footed so constantly forced him down the right wing and he had no delivery.

I suppose if we had put him on the left in place of Williams we would have had no right wing threat at all.

With Allen back I expect normal positions to resume.

14 minutes ago, shaymenRup said:

I think McAlinden on the right was okay. But the players knew he was left footed so constantly forced him down the right wing and he had no delivery.

I suppose if we had put him on the left in place of Williams we would have had no right wing threat at all.

Jeff King could play wide right? 

3 hours ago, Hoddie said:

Couldn't watch the game because bath/bed time for the kids. Bloody stupid time for a football game.

But what a great result. Next up is bogey side Maidenhead - three points from them will cement in my mind that this side is destined for the play-offs at the very least.

Followed by Chorley at home . Could be 6 easy points or could frustratingly be nil points

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, shaymenRup said:

Fantastic delivery for first goal though he has a pin point pass, but I totally agree, also he seems to be the Ho to guy to fill in for every forward position which isn't always a good thing as all you end up with is a jack of all trades.

2 hours ago, Wilder Bollox said:

Followed by Chorley at home . Could be 6 easy points or could frustratingly be nil points

Lets take it a game at a time and view no team as an easy 3 points. Keep chipping away week after week and hopefully we end up in a position that we are guaranteed a playoff spot before people start taking notice of us.

Still early days, but we are purring along nicely.

Edited by Flea
  • Like 3

Such is football 

we could win seven in a row and end up ten points clear at the top, or lose seven in a row and end up mid table

early days yet in the league, but we are placed nicely with a manager whom seemingly creates a happy camp

the way we moved the ball forward in droves in the first half was a joy to watch 

Think we’ve got a great chance of finishing top seven and are approaching full strength 

11 hours ago, Shay said:

If you think Pete Wild takes any notice of shaymen.net them you’ve had too many beers and you need to order a taxi 

He is a regular visitor to this message board, the previous two were also but did not act on the advice, both had to get a taxi.

Strength of squad is helping the momentum. Love Pete Wilds philosophy- so we may lose we but at least we try to win.

Just hope Captain Marvel can retain his fitness when he returns.

Still need Brown back asap, rode our luck last night at times with Staunton and Clarke wobbling and not dealing with Effiong. I've not been convinved with Nolan so watched him closely and have to say still not convinced. Cooper and one of Maher/Staunton is the way forward when available.

Just need to get Mcalindon further up the pitch to get the best from him. If we cam get him playing as a striker he'll shine. Also thought Southwell looked decent when he came on up front which is promising.

24 minutes ago, Shaytrev said:

He is a regular visitor to this message board, the previous two were also but did not act on the advice, both had to get a taxi.

If I was Pete Wild I would take zero advice from this message board.

• Like 2

Don't really think  you could call this forum a Mecca for valuable advise and direction lol it's more like Question time full of polar opinions and a tendency to change   of mind on a weekly basis .

• Like 1

I would hope PW has enough confidence in his own abilities not to need to seek advice from a supporters' forum, I'm sure he has. But there's no harm in staying in touch with what's being discussed.

• Like 1