Sign in to follow this  
shayman v

Record crowd expected

8 minutes ago, Riders of Rohan said:

Can wait to do the Maths.

4000 @ £20 = £80,000

9000 @ £3 = £27,000

A notable success.

Trouble is that the attendances are not as visible as they once were. In the old days, newspapers reported fixtures, scores, scorers and attendances. Not they are hidden at the bottom of a match report, sometimes not published at all. At least they got the right result, if not the non-league record and some of the three pounders will return to Meadow Lane again this season. 

On 9/27/2019 at 8:59 AM, Nick said:

Doubt it would add 500 to the gate

but would increase match day costs etc 

i am not against doing things like this .. I really struggle to see it making any long term impact on crowds and revenue 

what does make a difference is playing attractive winning football... that is really what counts 

nick 

And combine the two it might just increase the attendances.............

• Like 1

On 9/26/2019 at 11:22 PM, Shaytrev said:

The FA have said he has to wear a netted hood in his first game back. One of those the police put over the heads of spitting criminals angered at being arrested.

Not sure netted would be much good. 

30 minutes ago, Che Bentos said:

Trouble is that the attendances are not as visible as they once were. In the old days, newspapers reported fixtures, scores, scorers and attendances. Not they are hidden at the bottom of a match report, sometimes not published at all. At least they got the right result, if not the non-league record and some of the three pounders will return to Meadow Lane again this season. 

Probably stems from the Premier League where telly money has rendered money through the turnstiles extra revenue 

1 minute ago, Erik Everhard said:

Probably stems from the Premier League where telly money has rendered money through the turnstiles extra revenue 

Good point. Football attendances (not including women's football) dwarf any other sporing events and should be applauded. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Riders of Rohan said:

4000 @ £20 = £80,000

9000 @ £3 = £27,000

A notable success.

Well, if in that extra 5000 people even just a hundred or so fans attend other matches further in the season then they pay this back and Notts County gain supporters they otherwise wouldn't have had, potentially for a long, long time.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, olitheshayman said:

Well, if in that extra 5000 people even just a hundred or so fans attend other matches further in the season then they pay this back and Notts County gain supporters they otherwise wouldn't have had, potentially for a long, long time.

Or they wait for the £3 offer again. 

Some of them will do that. Some of them will come back for the occasional game. Either way, getting their attention and getting them into the stadium to watch Notts County play is the main aim, and it has to go in hand with County putting on a show. I agree that the most enticing thing for a floating fan is a successful team: 11 year old me was quite excited about our play-off prospects in 2004, then I started following us everywhere and never letting us down. 

15 hours ago, Riders of Rohan said:

4000 @ £20 = £80,000

9000 @ £3 = £27,000

A notable success.

They probably have 3-4k season ticket holders so they wont be paying 20 per match or will they have got in for £3. Probably only 1-2000 paying fill price so whilst they still will have lost out it wont be that bad.

Edited by greygoose
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Che Bentos said:

We were saying last night, if Halifax ran such an initiative, we'd get no more than 3000 plus the season ticket holders would be revolting. 

As a season ticket holder I would welcome any initiative that increases the crowd, I feel like I’m stealing from the club at £8 a game as it is 

• Like 1

We’d probably have to let people in for free and give them a drink and some food to appease some! 

9,000 is very good, although weren't the looking for 15? 

I believe County keep all bar/food takings so just looking at gate figures alone shouldnt be done on a financial POV. Getting people hooked - especially kids at a young age, is more a ling term project than a quick fix one.

• Like 1