Fair warning! All off-topic posts will be moved to off-topic section once we have confirmed dates for play-offs. ×
Sign in to follow this  
Lewis

Josh MacDonald

Just now, Erik Everhard said:

Which league are Whitley Bay in?

The Northern League (the north east one in the ninth tier, not the one two leagues below us)

• Like 1

Hopefully he gets some minutes under his belt, and perhaps a couple of goals wouldn’t go amiss. That’s the part of his game he needs to add to. 

Personally i’d prefer him on the bench to Williams. 

2 minutes ago, Roy Race said:

Hope it's his road back & not the road out, he does need game time to prove his fitness.

Pretty sure it’s his road back. We don’t have a reserve side so it makes total sense to go away, get games, prove his fitness, and then be in contention when he returns. 

15 minutes ago, greygoose said:

It had to happen but i don't think its the right league for him, should be national north or at worst evo stick. Jacob Hanson should be next to go out on loan.

Loan Hanson out & you can guarantee Duckworth will have an immediate injury.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, halifaxmark said:

Its match fitness he needs, doesn't matter the standard. Plus its local to him

It's a tough old league is that. I just hope they don't kick lumps out of him.

• Like 1

Good luck Josh, look forward to seeing you back in a month or so. He did look way off the pace when he came on for those few minutes in the couple of games, but he has dropped off the radar for the last couple of games. 

Being saying needed to go out on loan, get proper match fit and needs to take a proper tackle to instil the confidence in his body.

• Like 1

Surprised how low down the league ladder he has gone - I get the 'close to home' thing but also it's probably a tough sell to a Conf north or even evostick prem team when he's been out for so long.

Perhaps he can spend a month at Whitley, a month further up the pyramid, and bob's your uncle he'll be back fit for us.

8 minutes ago, greg45 said:

If this is correct (no reason to disbelieve you, it's how I've usually seen it written) then we manage to spell his name wrong on our own website...

https://fchalifaxtown.com/players/josh-macdonald/

I sought him out a few seasons ago and asked him in person. He said it was  small 'd' and added he didn't know where the new spelling had come from. As for the profiles of players these days, why do we have to have 'Nationality'? I mean what does that actually tell us? Why can't they tell us where these players were born, as they used to back when football was great? 

Edited by Shaymus
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Shaymus said:

I sought him out a few seasons ago and asked him in person. He said it was  small 'd' and added he didn't know where the new spelling had come from. As for the profiles of players these days, why do we have to have 'Nationality'? I mean what does that actually tell us? Why can't they tell us where these players were born, as they used to back when football was great? 

Or go further and add their religion and starsign.

I'm getting worried about Pete Wild. I don't like his treatment of our flair players.  He keeps starting with Cameron King on the bench and now sending Macdonald out on loan. He has started going down the Fullarton road.