Sign in to follow this  
Redcard

Dover

Win, and we hold second place. Lose, which would be four losses in five games, and our annual slide down the table is underway. Over to you PW. With Brown back we will be stronger and if we make the most of our creative forward players we can win, but PW needs to address the weaknesses exposed in recent defeats which have been highlighted by numerous posters on here.

6 minutes ago, Redcard said:

Win, and we hold second place. Lose, which would be four losses in five games, and our annual slide down the table is underway. Over to you PW. With Brown back we will be stronger and if we make the most of our creative forward players we can win, but PW needs to address the weaknesses exposed in recent defeats which have been highlighted by numerous posters on here.

I’m really hoping Brown is back! 

Allen and TSS I hope will be up for it against their old team. 

And after last nights performance I hope all the team are up for it and we can bounce back and put a decent performance in for the cameras. 

Edited by TJAshton
  • Like 2

39 minutes ago, halifaxmark said:

Tough game. They seem to be in good form. I'd take a drab 0 0 draw now. 

A draw wouldn't be a bad result. A draw at most places in this league, especially when its a long distance game, is often more a point gained than dropped.

• Sad 1

Dover are in the bottom 3 on home form,  they have played 6 games and have only 5 pts  to show for them  scoring 7   Conceding 9 ,   Away from home they are top of the league form played 7  and have 18  pts  scoring 12 & 6 against ,so  on the strength of that I’m going for a town win up the  shaymen.

It's on the day that counts and if players follow the game plan and play to the best of their ability then we should hopefully win.

I also hope Browny is back and that Allen and TSS play against their old club. 

UTS

I'm really looking forward to watching the game on't telly. I've been rough the last day or two but I'm definitely going to watch the game. I've chosen a pub and I've also got back up pubs if the game isn't on for whatever reason.

30 minutes ago, Papa Lazarou said:

All games are tough in this league. There isn't a single team we are good enough to beat by just turning up 

I do wonder if our really good start to this season - as well as some of the play the team has produced being so good to watch - has meant that expectations have raised somewhat.

A week before the season and pretty much everyone was negative about the prospects for this season and predicting a relegation scrap on our hands. 

Even teams that started off really badly (Like Ebbsfleet and Chorley) have shown they have something in their lockers to get results. All the pre-season favourites seem to have struggled to date, with only Yeovil now getting into any sort of stride. If those favourites get into gear in the second half of the season then it will make for an interesting finish. 

We can beat anyone in this league with the right preparation and attitude. However, we can also take a pasting off any team in this league if we dont approach it right. 

• Like 1

On 9/25/2019 at 11:08 PM, GLPFCHT said:

Get at em..........none of this happy with a draw bollox

Aye, cannot understand why anyone would want to lose two points.

• Like 1

Win lose or draw there’s still another thirty odd games to play. 

PW has made a great start and over the season he will gradually improve this team. 

For now teams how found us out by pressing us high to make us send it long. 

On 9/25/2019 at 9:20 PM, Erik Everhard said:

It's on the day that counts and if players follow the game plan and play to the best of their ability then we should hopefully win.

I also hope Browny is back and that Allen and TSS play against their old club. 

UTS

Judging by the injury up date on the club site

since brown not yet training with the squad he is a No

Allen on the other hand is training with the squad so expect  to see him in the bench 

Let’s hope the ex Dover men do us proud 

with no brown I can’t see us keeping a clean sheet

but expect King to start.. wild says he started with the same side on Tuesday because of the previous games win and in hindsight that was a mistake 

so poor result and king changing up the tempo means in my view he will be starting ..which means we will also score 

therefore in true predictive style it’s a boring 0-0

nick

• Like 1

They have a very poor home record, one of, if not the worst in the National. There six away wins have propelled them up the table. Got to go for three points like it seems everyone else has on their patch.

Think their poor home recorded was particularly in their early matches 

I fully expect them trying to put that right

dont believe in playing for anything but a win 

nick 

3 minutes ago, nw3casc1 said:

JOHN SMITHS please...

No Thanks. Nice pint of Wainwrights in The Plummet, there is The Supporters bar or that place down winding road below the bus station, Lewins or Bowlegged, even The Oak if they have it on with drip bread special.

3 hours ago, mj85 said:

It’s my birthday tomorrow. I’m on holiday. My missus has managed to locate an English pub in Agadir that is showing it!!!!

Happy Birthday. Let's hope for 3 points too.

• Haha 1