Sign in to follow this  
Erik Everhard

Harrogate at Home

3 minutes ago, AJS said:

Really poor tonight. TSS probably had his worst game for us. Rarely held the ball and was bullied. We were too laboured in everything tonight. Needed to up the intensity another gear but it never happened.

On a positive note, thought Cooper was very good and even thought the ref was good for a change. Hope Brown and Allen are back for Saturday, feel like we missed them both tonight. Need a result from Dover otherwise form will start to look poor 

TSS can only work with what he gets. Balls to him were nowhere near. McAlinden was nowhere near him most of the match. Any scouts supposedly watching him won’t be back.

Gutless performance.

1 minute ago, TJAshton said:

Think tonight showed we need another striker. Said for a while now and yes we do score goals and are the highest scorers (I think) we don’t have anyone to bring on for TSS who will change it up abit. 

but yes for some miracle we are still 2nd god knows how :lol:

We have a good striker but Wild puts him out wide on the right. He persists on doing this even when Sho is struggling on alone. He needs to log onto theshaymen.net more often and read the bloody obvious then act upon it.

4 minutes ago, shaymenRup said:

Dire game. Our lack of strength has been sussed. Harrogate were first to every 2nd ball and harried and broke us down too easily.

No urgency about our passing, players anonymous and not wanting possession. A game that needed a playmaker from the start , but instead we just copied their hoof ball.

Desperately need Brown back in the side because Beck bullied us all game and won everything. Wild needs a plan B, replaced what we had but played the same formation.

Thought McAlinden had his worst game today, Jeff King anonymous, Williams anonymous, Nolan anonymous. Too many contributing little.

Got to wonder why we don’t have Josh MacDonald on the bench when Allen is injured. Game was desperate for a player to run down the wing. We lacked any pace whatsoever.

Simply not good enough and today was down to attitude and individual application. Didn’t want it enough and too many looking at league table thinking today would be a walk over. No easy games in this league.

Thought Beck was poor.Clarke & Staunton handled him well.Defence not the issue tonight.It was further up the pitch .That was the concern.

Edited by ashy1966
  • Like 1

Cracks appearing unfortunately. 3 defeats in 4 has taken the shine from a great start. The goal was very poor, two men carried the ball from box to box and we didn’t get within 10 yards of them and then BW was left for dead in the box again which not for the first time led to a goal. We are slow to get men in the box when attacking and boot forward too many balls to the opposition. Cam King best player by far, we used to start with him and sub him after 60 mins, now we play him for the last 25 mins. It seems a few teams which started slowly, like Harrogate, are now getting it together and are able to cope with what we offer. Let’s hope PW can react positively.

2 minutes ago, shaymenRup said:

TSS can only work with what he gets. Balls to him were nowhere near. McAlinden was nowhere near him most of the match. Any scouts supposedly watching him won’t be back.

Gutless performance.

Disagree.Sho Silva was poor tonight.You don't win anything if you don't jump.

A very lacklustre performance tonight. Not sure we needed Nolan and Cooper in place of a more attacking midfielder down the middle. Our defence were slow to track back leading up to their goal. Fair play to Harrogate - they ran their socks off. Whenever we had the ball, two or three men closed our man down. 

No time to panic but its the little things that annoy me when we are losing.  Putting southwell on the wing when we could have josh mac there? Silva on his own didnt work all game yet no change in our shape. Brown allen and cam king in this starting 11 is key for us 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, shaymenRup said:

Gutless performance.

Or we could try playing it into his feet rather than letting him flick it on to no one. You have more control doing that and you can maintain the ball. 

Last couple of games that style of play has been creeping in and Sho Silva just is not effective with the high balls

Really thought we had moved away from flick on football. 

Not aided by the fact the best player is warming the bench. Forget about if he will work against a certain opposition. 

Cameron King should be starting every single game if fit. No exceptions.  

Defence really isn’t the problem. It’s going forward that is which is frustrating as we are the highest scorers somehow but we always look out of ideas going forward. 

They have a TV game on saturday why would you put effort in and get injured that's all I can see from tonight's game.

McAlinden didn't seem up for it,Nolan seems to be Lenighan-esque as in no actual visible of what he brings to the party poor in the air for his size not great at passing and seems to take the wrong option far to often.

Edited by Kay Shay-ra Shay-Ra
Spelling

First half was flat, but 2nd half we were far better side. Think people are over reacting. This league is still wide open. And the football on offer is still infinitely better than last few seasons. Will be interesting to see line up on Saturday, if we have a few players back.

• Like 1

Wild has come out and said we were by far the better team and there was only one team going to win it. Is he for real, we were restricted to long range efforts, fair play to Harrogate they did a job on us tonight and got the goal they needed. We looked like we weren’t really going all out for the win and it just seemed a bit flat to me. 

One (1) more home fan in attendance than Saturday as a net total, too.

Still second. Again, for my sins I wasn’t there. Will be back to kick ass for the next one. Up the bastard Shaymen.

Just now, Shergar4 said:

Wild has come out and said we were by far the better team and there was only one team going to win it. Is he for real, we were restricted to long range efforts, fair play to Harrogate they did a job on us tonight and got the goal they needed. We looked like we weren’t really going all out for the win and it just seemed a bit flat to me. 

Perhaps Wild has been drinking.

3 minutes ago, Shergar4 said:

Yeah i seen he said that. First time ive disagreed with what hes said after the game. They were the better side,played the better football. Need a shake up for a tough game Saturday. 

3 minutes ago, Redcard said:

Worrying if PW thinks we were the better team!

Pumping 60 yard balls in the air for 94 minutes to a guy that has won about 2 headers all game and putting aimless balls into the corner for no one to be there is hardly being the better team.

What on earth was he watching?? 
Notts county and tonight were worse than Fullarton Days. 

• Like 1

Christ I forgot how depressing the forum is!

I’d dread to think how bad it would be if we were as low as third!

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Ash said:

Fans are depressed after watching that rubbish, the fact we are still second tells anyone how poor this league is.

4 minutes ago, Ash said:

Not sure what you want people to do or say? The management and players get the praise when they deserve it plus will get criticism when they deserve it. Tonight was awful. Nobody is complaining where we are in the league. Performance, tactics,substitutions all poor tonight 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Ash said:

I don’t think it’s depressing. I think it needs balance. I don’t actually think we played bad today but there was no penetration of the Harrogate defence at all, long distance shots were all we had. Played some good stuff in midfield but some of our passing was very poor especially in the 1st half with some short passes. However, we are 2nd in the league which indicates the lack of strength within it and maybe we can push for play offs. I’ve only been impressed with Yeovil so far who were head and shoulders above us. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Shergar4 said:

I don’t think it’s depressing. I think it needs balance. I don’t actually think we played bad today but there was no penetration of the Harrogate defence at all, long distance shots were all we had. Played some good stuff in midfield but some of our passing was very poor especially in the 1st half with some short passes. However, we are 2nd in the league which indicates the lack of strength within it and maybe we can push for play offs. I’ve only been impressed with Yeovil so far who were head and shoulders above us. 

You didn’t think we played bad?? :o

8 minutes ago, Shaytrev said:

Fans are depressed after watching that rubbish, the fact we are still second tells anyone how poor this league is.

Or it tells anyone who knows anything about football that Harrogate did a very good job on us, limited our options and even snatched a winner. Some people never see 2 teams when watching Town.

A draw would have been a fair result.

• Like 1