Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Nick

Today’s Game : Barnet

Recommended Posts

21 minutes ago, Papa Lazarou said:

Give over man, it's an affectionate term that some fans have come up, nothing more nothing less. Oh and by the way did you see the size of the man's bloody thighs?!!!! 

Sounds like he could replace the hardy love obsession if you are admiring his thighs :wub:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, kellster said:

I think he is brilliant and the term I used was meant with nothing but affection and admiration. Again, I apologise for any offence to anyone as this was not my intention, especially to Jerome. 

It’s a a term we all use so don’t ****ing apologise 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, kellster said:

I think he is brilliant and the term I used was meant with nothing but affection and admiration. Again, I apologise for any offence to anyone as this was not my intention, especially to Jerome. 

Just a little good natured humour, I'm sure he has been called far worse. Doubt he would be mortally offended, appears to have a sense of humour and plays with a smile on his face.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Big respect to JBW for getting Browny out of the dugout during the break in play when we were struggling with Pavey . Browny spoke to JBW and Staunton and suddenly all our defensive problems were sorted

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great result. Not sure where we will end up at the end of the season but we have a cracking squad. Strong bench today. Not sure why we waste a place on the bench with a sub keeper. I dont think about automatic promotion but just keep an eye of the gap between us and the last playoff place as a place in the playoffs at the end of the season would be massive. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

19th placed Harrogate at the Shay on Tuesday. NOTHING at all to fear there, lets not take the game lightly, however we should be looking for another 3 points.

Bromley take on Woking. 

If we win then we either go top, or we put distance between us and Woking meaning we are guaranteed to be SECOND at the very worst AFTER all Saturday's 3PM kickoffs have taken place.

How nice would it be if we could be top going into the TV game.

NOTHING SPECIAL GOING ON HERE!!!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So another week goes by Town still holding steady in 2nd, on the basis of 2 pts a game has you there or there abouts at the end of the season, played 12 25 pts 1 pt ahead of where we need to be, and more importantly looking back down the table 7 pts clear of 8th. At what point do we start to believe we’re in this big time?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Has Born to Moan gone on a SAGA, holiday to Lanzarote, or has he got through to the knock out stages of carpet bowls in Baliffe Bridge? He's very quite! Which on reflection is a very good thing. Up the Shaymen, no time to be grumpy!

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Richmond96 said:

We’re in it. No doubt about it. So refreshing that we play to win. Sure we’ll lose a few but we’ll win more than we lose. Playoffs at least. 

Which is exactly what Pete Wild said.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Caygillwashere said:

Has Born to Moan gone on a SAGA, holiday to Lanzarote, or has he got through to the knock out stages of carpet bowls in Baliffe Bridge? He's very quite! Which on reflection is a very good thing. Up the Shaymen, no time to be grumpy!

No was there today, 30 mins after kick off had to bowl at Pudsey. Last game of season next week, so will be there from start. Good second half, Cameron King is some player. We need Mat Brown asap, Barnet centre forward missed 3 sitters.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, born to moan said:

No was there today, 30 mins after kick off had to bowl at Pudsey. Last game of season next week, so will be there from start. Good second half, Cameron King is some player. We need Mat Brown asap, Barnet centre forward missed 3 sitters.

 

 

You only missed four goals then, never mind got in for the two that mattered.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good to see the players enjoying the football and playing with a smile on their faces, on a lighter note I was asked at Birch services if I was interested in buying some Fart protected underwear, err funny people you meet on way to games.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If this has been mentioned previously then apols, but I thought the officials had a great game, as soon as silva moved towards the thru ball on the first goal but then moved away and to the centre of the goal I thought the lineman would flag which he didn’t. Yes the ref went over having been bullied by their players but held his ground on the decision to give the goal.

Also a crunching tackle from our midfield early in the second half that left their number 8 carrying his leg for the rest of the game. A resounding message that we won’t be bullied!

As enjoyable (although I’d have settled for 2-0 ) a game as I’ve seen for 5 years or so.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, dj funky said:

Good to see the players enjoying the football and playing with a smile on their faces, on a lighter note I was asked at Birch services if I was interested in buying some Fart protected underwear, err funny people you meet on way to games.

How does Fart protected underwear work DJ.  Is it a smelly fart filter, or a built in bung that goes up your arse?

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Oscar Mc said:

If this has been mentioned previously then apols, but I thought the officials had a great game, as soon as silva moved towards the thru ball on the first goal but then moved away and to the centre of the goal I thought the lineman would flag which he didn’t. Yes the ref went over having been bullied by their players but held his ground on the decision to give the goal.

Also a crunching tackle from our midfield early in the second half that left their number 8 carrying his leg for the rest of the game. A resounding message that we won’t be bullied!

As enjoyable (although I’d have settled for 2-0 ) a game as I’ve seen for 5 years or so.

Yes, we are very quick to slate the officials, but yesterday they let the game flow. It wasn't a foul filled game but Barnet did come to win, which made it an enjoyable game to watch.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, themanwhowasntthere said:

Yes, with goals on wheels. :(

Some of the players we have signed in the past could have done with some of the latter.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, born to moan said:

How does Fart protected underwear work DJ.  Is it a smelly fart filter, or a built in bung that goes up your arse?

https://www.myshreddies.com

Starting at £24. That's what put DJ Funky off!

 

Edited by kit

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Flea said:

19th placed Harrogate at the Shay on Tuesday. NOTHING at all to fear there, lets not take the game lightly, however we should be looking for another 3 points.

Bromley take on Woking. 

If we win then we either go top, or we put distance between us and Woking meaning we are guaranteed to be SECOND at the very worst AFTER all Saturday's 3PM kickoffs have taken place.

How nice would it be if we could be top going into the TV game.

NOTHING SPECIAL GOING ON HERE!!!

and after woking,bromley go to yeovil,

2 good results and sundays non league paper could look interesting

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...