Sign in to follow this  
Nick

Today’s Game : Barnet

Sho Silva needs to get credit for his work rate .. and this is reflected in our goal tally of 23 

and three games where we have scored4 

Lovely game of football today in energy sapping conditions, that’s why Tobi gets my MOM. All the others involved weren't far behind too.

Great result. Great weekend feel good  feeling when the Shaymen do the business

Tobi is a better player when the ball is played to his feet. He uses his body as a shield against the defender, which allows others to come in to play. However when the ball is played to him at head height he wins very little.

7 minutes ago, neilstewart said:

Tobi is a better player when the ball is played to his feet. He uses his body as a shield against the defender, which allows others to come in to play. However when the ball is played to him at head height he wins very little.

Just what we were saying. The balls to Tobi were often too high, flick ons being the only option and nobody there so the ball comes back. Can’t fault Tobi’s effort and he deserved his brace. Could have had another with the header. My mom today. Barnet are no mugs as current form shows and Pete and the team should be proud of what they achieved today.

• Like 1

Fantastic win today, and much needed after 2 tough defeats which fortunately didn't cost us much in terms of ground at the top. 23 goals scored now in 12 games - it took us 25 games to score that many last season and we only scored 46 in total!

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Lewis said:

Think today will have convinced any doubters Sho-Silva had had up until this point, a fully deserved great performance from him after the effort he's put in.

Great to see the return of Southwell today as well. Even if he was on the wing again, I have to say he looked quite comfortable there.  

The guy always works so hard and he certainly gives his all. I do/have questioned his ability of scoring goals but I think he’s one of them players who will score 1 in every 5 or 6 games but when the team around you is scoring who gives a **** :lol:

1 hour ago, Riders of Rohan said:

Jeff King and Charlie Cooper absolutely superb today. Winning the ball and moving it intelligently. These are the sort of players needed to take the points as we bossed the second half.

Absolutely correct, J King had a quiet period early second half but came back strongly. Cooper perpetual motion, broke play up & did the simple things well....like passing to a blue shirt, not something Town are particularly good at sometimes.

1 hour ago, Nick said:

Yes it does amaze me that people keep asking for another strike 

let’s get Southwell and Josh fighting for places and see how they do 

but Sho Silva and McAlinden have 9 or is 10 goals between them 

mid the can stay fit and keep that up we will be challenging at the end of the season nit just for a play off place but for the title 

Silva learning & improving game by game. Just for a short period mid second half Barnet doubled up on him nullifying his threat but he adapted his game & caused problems again resulting in his second goal, what a grafter.

1 hour ago, TJAshton said:

The guy always works so hard and he certainly gives his all. I do/have questioned his ability of scoring goals but I think he’s one of them players who will score 1 in every 5 or 6 games but when the team around you is scoring who gives a **** :lol:

So how many has he scored in 12 games ? 

Apparently 4... so that 1 in 4 .. already doing better than your prediction 

and with McAlinden that makes 10 

keep it up and we have a 40 goal front 2 this season ... 

Edited by Nick

41 minutes ago, Roy Race said:

Silva learning & improving game by game. Just for a short period mid second half Barnet doubled up on him nullifying his threat but he adapted his game & caused problems again resulting in his second goal, what a grafter.

When defenders double up on players then others have space .. to create and score 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Roy Race said:

Absolutely correct, J King had a quiet period early second half but came back strongly. Cooper perpetual motion, broke play up & did the simple things well....like passing to a blue shirt, not something Town are particularly good at sometimes.

Could turn out to be a great signing 

First half to them. When they equalised I feared the worst,  but we dug in,  did will and won the last third of the game to win it. Great all round performance with grit and determination, pick of the bunch Mcalindon, ducky, jerome & Tobi. 

Edited by kellster
Correction

4-2 will do for me.  OK, we conceded two we perhaps shouldn't have but compare to last season, we would have been 0-0 until they scored a jammy one in the 90th minute

3 minutes ago, kellster said:

First half to them. When they equalised I feared the worst,  but we dug in,  did will and won the last third of the game to win it. Great all round performance with grit and determination, pick of the bunch Mcalindon, ducky, binman & Tobi. 

I find calling him Binman derogatory. Shows the lack of IQ by some fans at the club. JBW would suffice

1 hour ago, neilstewart said:

Spot on Neil. Today he did win more than his fair share of balls in the air, but his real strength is his ability to hold the ball up to bring others into the game + his speed. Get it into his body or feet & he will turn bigger defenders like those of Yeovil, Also liked the way he doesn't get rattled by some of the treatment dished up by his opponents, had one little moment late in the game today where he playfully ruffled the hair of a defender & exchanged a smile, when play had stopped for a foul on him

20 minutes ago, Nick said:

Our main strength is we have 4/5 attacking players with pace to burn. Barnet were no slouches, but we can create across the front line, not just the strikers.

Danny Williams gave their winger 5 yards start & still got back to make a perfectly timed tackle in our own box, to break up an attack by Barnet.

Barnet were no slouches, but we have a lot of pace in this team which will hurt most defences.

11 minutes ago, Kay Shay-ra Shay-Ra said:

I find calling him Binman derogatory. Shows the lack of IQ by some fans at the club. JBW would suffice

Play on words of a surname. That is all. I have amended and I apologise to anyone if offended as that was not intended and mostly to Jerome who had a cracking game today. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TJAshton said:

His worth to the team through his work rate is worth so much. If he was to get 15 goals this season and produce the sort of support work he has done, well I'd rather have a player like him than a Danny Rowe who can get 25/30 (Many from the spot I must add), but when not scoring is a dead weight in the team. 

28 minutes ago, Nick said:

What a great result, 2nd in the league, top goal scorers. This is dream land.

Tobie is running at 1 in 3 and McAlinden is running at 1 in 1.8 per game, both quality at the moment.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Kay Shay-ra Shay-Ra said:

Think you mean lack of IQ OF some fans..Glass  houses and all that.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Kay Shay-ra Shay-Ra said:

Give over man, it's an affectionate term that some fans have come up, nothing more nothing less. Oh and by the way did you see the size of the man's bloody thighs?!!!! 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Papa Lazarou said:

Give over man, it's an affectionate term that some fans have come up, nothing more nothing less. Oh and by the way did you see the size of the man's bloody thighs?!!!! 

I think he is brilliant and the term I used was meant with nothing but affection and admiration. Again, I apologise for any offence to anyone as this was not my intention, especially to Jerome.