Sign in to follow this  
Shaymen Stats

20th September 1989: Middlesborough (League Cup)

2 hours ago, monk said:

We were allocated a tiny bit of terracing in the corner with a floodlight in the middle adjacent to  the seats behind the goal  it looked like a sparse away following to me but it was 30 years ago so I could be wrong but it wasn't over 100.

It was the same space that Middlesbrough gave to all visiting clubs, held a thousand maybe even 2000 on a good day . Think we took in the 200 to 300 region

On 9/20/2019 at 11:21 AM, Twisted Wheel said:

The raid on the North Yorkshire off-licence was a sight to behold.

Hahaha free booze in Redcar I think it was... And a pull by the plod great day out that was even though we lost

2 minutes ago, Wilder Bollox said:

It was the same space that Middlesbrough gave to all visiting clubs, held a thousand maybe even 2000 on a good day . Think we took in the 200 to 300 region

It was about the same size as the gap between the Skircoat and North Stand , I bow down to your greater knowledge as a regular at Middlesbrough but my recollection of that night was between 50/100 of us in the away end .

The Milk Cup game against Derby County when Davison won a move might be clouding things , I recall we were on the left hand side , touchline side and a good following that night .

On 9/20/2019 at 6:32 PM, eddie said:

Think Conrad got nicked when they stopped a coach after the stop in North Yorkshire

It was Nigel Noel too then we had to wait for him being released before we could set back off home...Not sure about raggy tash Conrad getting nicked though can't remember that 

20 minutes ago, monk said:

It was about the same size as the gap between the Skircoat and North Stand , I bow down to your greater knowledge as a regular at Middlesbrough but my recollection of that night was between 50/100 of us in the away end .

The Milk Cup game against Derby County when Davison won a move might be clouding things , I recall we were on the left hand side , touchline side and a good following that night .

Correct, it was a tight intimidating space.  Made more so by the Middlesbrough nutters occupying the adjacent seats . Visiting fans weren't supposed to enjoy their time in Middlesbrough

25 minutes ago, Wilder Bollox said:

Correct, it was a tight intimidating space.  Made more so by the Middlesbrough nutters occupying the adjacent seats . Visiting fans weren't supposed to enjoy their time in Middlesbrough

They made it as uncomfortable as they could shows how times have changed a visit to Middlesbrough now wouldn't be as intimidating.