Sign in to follow this  
Nick

Notts County today’s game

1 minute ago, francisfirth said:

Evidence would suggest there are a lot of stupid football fans then! There are many who are just loyal and stick by teams through thick and thin. Is that a stupid thing or a good thing? 

It's personal choice - but those people have zero right to say that other people, making a different choice, are not real fans. It's pathetic and shows a serious lack of intelligence.

3 hours ago, Hoddie said:

Typical ridiculous response. "Question how good of a fan you are."

It's never "question how much the club deserves your support" with you, is it? It's always a one-way relationship and nothing else will suffice. You're like a mindless zombie who has retained the ability to type. Come the apocalypse you'll be banging away on an old typewriter "not a real fan" a million times, Jack Torrance style.

Not going to get into an argument with you. That’s my opinion. You always have to resort to insult somebody’s intelligence in response. But that’s fine. You carry on. 

6 minutes ago, francisfirth said:

Evidence would suggest there are a lot of stupid football fans then! There are many who are just loyal and stick by teams through thick and thin. Is that a stupid thing or a good thing? 

Loyalty. It’s a very good thing. Football is a religion. It’s a community. It’s a social thing. If we were all so fickle we would be following a different team every season? 

Just now, Shay said:

Not going to get into an argument with you. That’s my opinion. You always have to resort to insult somebody’s intelligence in response. But that’s fine. You carry on. 

By your own logic Flea is a better supporter than you. Much better in fact. So much better that you barely register as a fan.

And I'm not insulting you, I'm describing you. Stop calling people out as shit fans and perhaps there'll be no need to describe you.

1 hour ago, Greggs said:

He's bang on. If you lose games trying to win them fans will accept that. If you lose games having never tried to win them that's when people kick off. Fullarton was the master of not trying to win games hense he got the stick that approach warrented. 

As for your previous post about not being a proper fan if your not challenging. People will not contribute there hard earned money to watch 0-0 draws. Proper fan or not you'd be stupid to do so. 

I had a season ticket and that is the ONLY reason i kept going last season. If i didnt have the ticket i wouldn't have gone.

This season we are trying to win games. The defence has suffered as a result but you know we are 3rd playing that way. 

I questioned how good of a fan you would be. The club depends on that gate money! 

1 minute ago, Hoddie said:

By your own logic Flea is a better supporter than you. Much better in fact. So much better that you barely register as a fan.

And I'm not insulting you, I'm describing you. Stop calling people out as **** fans and perhaps there'll be no need to describe you.

I’m not calling anybody out. Read the post. I said one has to question how good a fan you are. The club depends on the gate money! 

8 minutes ago, Hoddie said:

It's personal choice - but those people have zero right to say that other people, making a different choice, are not real fans. It's pathetic and shows a serious lack of intelligence.

Wasn't aiming to start a spat! My point is that it's equally dim to call people stupid for being too loyal. 

• Like 3

Wasn't aiming to start a spat! My point is that it's equally dim to call people stupid for being too loyal. 

Tow the line. Tow the line. Spot on though. 

Edited by Shay

2 minutes ago, Shay said:

I questioned how good of a fan you would be. The club depends on that gate money! 

So your seriously saying people should shell out £20 every 2nd week to watch the crap we put on last season? Just because it would make someone a proper fan. 

Here's a thought not shelling out that money forces the club into making a change and these peoplw care more about the club than you will ever know. The only difference they are actively boycotting it and forcing something to happen. Then there are the happy clappers who refuse to see the problem and criticise other people for doing something about it. 

3 minutes ago, Greggs said:

So your seriously saying people should shell out £20 every 2nd week to watch the crap we put on last season? Just because it would make someone a proper fan. 

Here's a thought not shelling out that money forces the club into making a change and these peoplw care more about the club than you will ever know. The only difference they are actively boycotting it and forcing something to happen. Then there are the happy clappers who refuse to see the problem and criticise other people for doing something about it. 

I can honestly say that I disagree with people not coming to support their team yes. Just my opinion. Happy to disagree.

I disagreed with them getting rid of Aspin. What shall I do? Never come again? 

Edited by Shay

Just now, Greggs said:

Criticising is not doing something about it, it's just criticism with no result whatsoever.

2 minutes ago, Shay said:

I’m not calling anybody out. Read the post. I said one has to question how good a fan you are. The club depends on the gate money! 

It's a false argument. You're trying to quantify something that's abstract. Who's the better fan? Someone who attends every game but causes bother in the town after every match? A Bradford City fan who comes to the Shay on occasion? Someone who only attends two games a year because they live in the arse end of nowhere? The one who steals from their grandma so they can attend the one game that season they'd otherwise miss? The person who refuses to go to his own brother's wedding just so they can make the President's Cup preliminary round game away against Green Bush United? The one who works four part-time jobs just so they can follow the Shaymen?

It's a nonsense argument yet you keep coming out with it.

3 minutes ago, Roy Race said:

Criticising is not doing something about it, it's just criticism with no result whatsoever.

Not turning upto games most certainly is an active form of forcing a clubs hand. 

I have a season ticket so i attend every home game. I can fully understand why people boycotted it last season though and i would have done the same if i hadnt already paid to go in 

Certain people on this forum would sooner have had Heath and Fullarton take us down than say something negative about the situation 

Edited by Greggs
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Greggs said:

Certain people on this forum would sooner have had Heath and Fullarton take us down than say something negative about the situation 

Indeed. It's utterly ridiculous to suggest everyone should support the club no matter what.

14 minutes ago, Hoddie said:

It's a false argument. You're trying to quantify something that's abstract. Who's the better fan? Someone who attends every game but causes bother in the town after every match? A Bradford City fan who comes to the Shay on occasion? Someone who only attends two games a year because they live in the arse end of nowhere? The one who steals from their grandma so they can attend the one game that season they'd otherwise miss? The person who refuses to go to his own brother's wedding just so they can make the President's Cup preliminary round game away against Green Bush United? The one who works four part-time jobs just so they can follow the Shaymen?

It's a nonsense argument yet you keep coming out with it.

You’ve run off on a bit of a tangent though. All I’m saying is if you decide to stop coming to The Shay because the football isn’t Brazilian esque you have to question how good a fan you are. Perfectly reasonable point. The club you love need the gate money 

10 minutes ago, Greggs said:

Not turning upto games most certainly is an active form of forcing a clubs hand. 

I have a season ticket so i attend every home game. I can fully understand why people boycotted it last season though and i would have done the same if i hadnt already paid to go in 

I think what winds people up here is not the size of your fanishness, it's the know it all mentality (and the accompanying belief that others know nothing).  

Indeed. It's utterly ridiculous to suggest everyone should support the club no matter what.

I wanted Heath to go. I still supported my football team. It’s called loyalty. 

• Like 1

That's actually football to a lot of folk. As you say, a point of view. 

I think what winds people up here is not the size of your fanishness, it's the know it all mentality (and the accompanying belief that others know nothing).  

Nobody knows everything. Not even the guys that run the club. You learn every single day 

19 minutes ago, Greggs said:

I turned up for matches last season & paid at the gate, was bored stiff but supported my team, was not happy with BH or JF's style of football. On balance staying away harms the club IMHO

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Roy Race said:

On balance staying away harms the club IMHO

Or.... the club continuing with whatever's making people choose to stay away is what's doing the harm?

First you must decide what is the most important thing about being a fan? Is it simply the finance? If it is you could buy a season ticket and not attend a single game. Would you then qualify as being a good fan? You've paid your money. Or, is a good fan someone who makes Town flags and goes home and away and starts all the chants off every game? They're 35 years of age or below and they spend a lot of their disposable income following the club. But what about the chap that's being going man and boy for 70 years. He never chants and sings and doesn't shout, in fact he doesn't even clap but he lives the club and watching the game as much as anyone.

I have my own personal view of who the top fans of FCHT and Halifax Town are and were. When I think of a "top fans" of the club then the likes of Paul Wrigley, Zeb, Kit Walton spring to mind immediately. You are literally looking at thousands of games over 50 or more years and hardly ever missing a game.

I can't ever remember going home or away when those 3 weren't there. 

I'm sure there are new fans that will take on their mantle in years to come and the likes of Flea and his car load are also people you can call loyal fans.

But, despite all that, you can still be a fan but not attend so many games. How you feel about the club and how excited you feel when you listen to a game or when we score a goal etc etc etc still counts for a lot because the interest is still there. I know club's can't run on I retest and excitement from afar alone but we are all fans to some extent or another. But the 3 mentioned above are right up there as some of he best fans of the club.

5 minutes ago, Erik Everhard said:

First you must decide what is the most important thing about being a fan? Is it simply the finance? If it is you could buy a season ticket and not attend a single game. Would you then qualify as being a good fan? You've paid your money. Or, is a good fan someone who makes Town flags and goes home and away and starts all the chants off every game? They're 35 years of age or below and they spend a lot of their disposable income following the club. But what about the chap that's being going man and boy for 70 years. He never chants and sings and doesn't shout, in fact he doesn't even clap but he lives the club and watching the game as much as anyone.

I have my own personal view of who the top fans of FCHT and Halifax Town are and were. When I think of a "top fans" of the club then the likes of Paul Wrigley, Zeb, Kit Walton spring to mind immediately. You are literally looking at thousands of games over 50 or more years and hardly ever missing a game.

I can't ever remember going home or away when those 3 weren't there. 

I'm sure there are new fans that will take on their mantle in years to come and the likes of Flea and his car load are also people you can call loyal fans.

But, despite all that, you can still be a fan but not attend so many games. How you feel about the club and how excited you feel when you listen to a game or when we score a goal etc etc etc still counts for a lot because the interest is still there. I know club's can't run on I retest and excitement from afar alone but we are all fans to some extent or another. But the 3 mentioned above are right up there as some of he best fans of the club.

How dare you not include my name :P

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Shay said:

Loyalty. It’s a very good thing. Football is a religion. It’s a community. It’s a social thing. If we were all so fickle we would be following a different team every season? 

When teams are on a very poor run of form crowds dwindle.When they are on a good run of form.Crowds improve.That,s the way it is...

1 hour ago, ashy1966 said:

When teams are on a very poor run of form crowds dwindle.When they are on a good run of form.Crowds improve.That,s the way it is...

I agree that there are a fair amount of shall we say fair weather fans. It’s just alien to me. I support them through thick and thin. But hey we are all different and that’s what makes the world go round 

• Like 1