Notts County today’s game

Nick

I think people are getting nervous because in the last 2 seasons we have started brilliantly and then almost exactly the same gane in those 2 seasons we tailed off alarmingly towards the drop zone. Now in this the 3rd season we have got to the same point again and the form has started to tail off. Admitedly its only 2 games at the moment and we could win the next 2 and get going again. 

But you can't blame people for thinking here we go again 

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Steve Lanzarote said:

Their comms (Yeovil) don´t think so, they say it was their best performance for 4 years.

Wrexham said something along those lines after beating us the other week. Talking a good game and playing a good game are two very different things. Look at them since.

1 minute ago, Greggs said:

I think people are getting nervous because in the last 2 seasons we have started brilliantly and then almost exactly the same gane in those 2 seasons we tailed off alarmingly towards the drop zone. Now in this the 3rd season we have got to the same point again and the form has started to tail off. Admitedly its only 2 games at the moment and we could win the next 2 and get going again. 

But you can't blame people for thinking here we go again 

I think there is more quality in this squad and unfortunately Clarke has had his 2 poorest games since signing for us.

The problem with getting carried away is you leave yourself wide open for disappointment.

I think people need to remind themselfs of what a disastrous pre season we had. The recruitment and preparation was not ideal so to be 3rd 6 weeks in is a great effort. Lets be honest its probably as good as it going to get if the last 2 games are where its heading. I thought we needed 2/3 quality additions even with everyone fit and thats still the case.

This squad will not maintain its start as the quality is still not there. A solid defence and one quality attacking midfielder with 60 mins in his tank wont be enough. I'm not complaining about it becasuse it is what it is, we've had a great start and the manger can only work with what he has.

I'd rather see us lose a game 4-3 / 4-2 / 4-1 / 3-2 / 3-1 etc... than see us lose 1-0 having not tried to win it. 

The point of football is to score goals and win games. If we give it a go and fall short, so be it. If we don't even attempt to win the game, then what is the point?

7 hours ago, greygoose said:

The problem with getting carried away is you leave yourself wide open for disappointment.

I think people need to remind themselfs of what a disastrous pre season we had. The recruitment and preparation was not ideal so to be 3rd 6 weeks in is a great effort. Lets be honest its probably as good as it going to get if the last 2 games are where its heading. I thought we needed 2/3 quality additions even with everyone fit and thats still the case.

This squad will not maintain its start as the quality is still not there. A solid defence and one quality attacking midfielder with 60 mins in his tank wont be enough. I'm not complaining about it becasuse it is what it is, we've had a great start and the manger can only work with what he has.

Exactly. All about expectations again. My first aim for this season after the difficulty of pre season is to stay in the league. We look on course to achieve this

18 minutes ago, Wilder Bollox said:

You don't build a fan base by just surviving . You don't even keep existing fans interested if your only ambition is survival . The only trophy we'll get is an American Trophy Hunter driving us to extinction, we have to have big targets, aims and ambitions

But not go bust. 

Not all the summer signings will succeed, they never all do, but there’s a fair chance that most of them will as they look decent footballers for this level. I feel we have a stronger squad than we did for most of last year. Get Brown and Maher back and we will win more than we lose. It’s a long season and a lot of things will happen (both good and bad), try not to take every defeat as though it’s the end of life as we know it. 

36 minutes ago, Riders of Rohan said:

Not all the summer signings will succeed, they never all do, but there’s a fair chance that most of them will as they look decent footballers for this level. I feel we have a stronger squad than we did for most of last year. Get Brown and Maher back and we will win more than we lose. It’s a long season and a lot of things will happen (both good and bad), try not to take every defeat as though it’s the end of life as we know it. 

Correct we will be fine and still think we will make the POs.

5 hours ago, Wilder Bollox said:

You don't build a fan base by just surviving . You don't even keep existing fans interested if your only ambition is survival . The only trophy we'll get is an American Trophy Hunter driving us to extinction, we have to have big targets, aims and ambitions

If you are an existing fan and lose interest if we aren’t challenging at the ‘right’ end then you have to question how good of a fan you are 

14 hours ago, Flea said:

I'd rather see us lose a game 4-3 / 4-2 / 4-1 / 3-2 / 3-1 etc... than see us lose 1-0 having not tried to win it. 

The point of football is to score goals and win games. If we give it a go and fall short, so be it. If we don't even attempt to win the game, then what is the point?

Bring back Darren Kelly then 

19 minutes ago, Shay said:

If you are an existing fan and lose interest if we aren’t challenging at the ‘right’ end then you have to question how good of a fan you are 

Typical ridiculous response. "Question how good of a fan you are."

It's never "question how much the club deserves your support" with you, is it? It's always a one-way relationship and nothing else will suffice. You're like a mindless zombie who has retained the ability to type. Come the apocalypse you'll be banging away on an old typewriter "not a real fan" a million times, Jack Torrance style.

We have about 1300-1400 who will go whatever , we have a further 1,000 who will go when doing well and a further 3,000 who will go to the one off big games, it’s keeping the potential additional 4,000 fans that will build the fan base. That will only increase by a winning team 

1 hour ago, Shay said:

Bring back Darren Kelly then 

He's bang on. If you lose games trying to win them fans will accept that. If you lose games having never tried to win them that's when people kick off. Fullarton was the master of not trying to win games hense he got the stick that approach warrented. 

As for your previous post about not being a proper fan if your not challenging. People will not contribute there hard earned money to watch 0-0 draws. Proper fan or not you'd be stupid to do so. 

I had a season ticket and that is the ONLY reason i kept going last season. If i didnt have the ticket i wouldn't have gone.

This season we are trying to win games. The defence has suffered as a result but you know we are 3rd playing that way. 

1 hour ago, Greggs said:

As for your previous post about not being a proper fan if your not challenging. People will not contribute there hard earned money to watch 0-0 draws. Proper fan or not you'd be stupid to do so.

Evidence would suggest there are a lot of stupid football fans then! There are many who are just loyal and stick by teams through thick and thin. Is that a stupid thing or a good thing? 

• Hoddie locked and unlocked this topic

Archived