Notts County today’s game

Nick

49 minutes ago, Pliny Harris said:

I honestly think you’ve got the balance on it here.

It sounded awful, and we can’t make that a habit. But we’ve got the guy and we’ve got the drive.

Many of those players are in the early phases of their footballing careers and often haven’t even been called into the squad for a full season yet. They need to dig deep when there’s a lull and when the games are proving tough, just like everyone else at Town.

For now the best we can do is keep behind them, and vocally, too. If we can keep fetching 2,000 crowds (including for Sat vs. Barnet) then we jump in perception as a mediocre Conference team of bogstandard stature, to the former league side we are that has the hardy core of fans you need to get by in the division above. 

No need to berate anyone now, but keep on being excited for the next game, drum up the good feeling.

I have a feeling the crowd will be around 1800 on Saturday.

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply
45 minutes ago, Pliny Harris said:

I honestly think you’ve got the balance on it here.

It sounded awful, and we can’t make that a habit. But we’ve got the guy and we’ve got the drive.

Many of those players are in the early phases of their footballing careers and often haven’t even been called into the squad for a full season yet. They need to dig deep when there’s a lull and when the games are proving tough, just like everyone else at Town.

For now the best we can do is keep behind them, and vocally, too. If we can keep fetching 2,000 crowds (including for Sat vs. Barnet) then we jump in perception as a mediocre Conference team of bogstandard stature, to the former league side we are that has the hardy core of fans you need to get by in the division above. 

No need to berate anyone now, but keep on being excited for the next game, drum up the good feeling.

Can’t see there being over 2000 after the last two performances. 

1800 I reckon. 

21 minutes ago, Jmc said:

Jamie Allen summed up the whole of Kossys career with us with his disgraceful 2nd half performance yesterday 

Been one of Allen’s biggest fans, and thought of his as being one of the better and more consistent performers this season.

But agree about his performance yesterday. Don’t think he tried to beat a player once. Kept slowing game down when he received ball, and in 2nd half he seem to get the hump and go around kicking their team. 

Hope it’s just a one off and he returns to form next weekend.

6 minutes ago, shaymen down under said:

Been one of Allen’s biggest fans, and thought of his as being one of the better and more consistent performers this season.

But agree about his performance yesterday. Don’t think he tried to beat a player once. Kept slowing game down when he received ball, and in 2nd half he seem to get the hump and go around kicking their team. 

Hope it’s just a one off and he returns to form next weekend.

We need a plan B. It wouldn't surprise me if we go 4 3 3 when Southwell comes back and Browny/Maher.

I can’t believe this massive over reaction after 2 defeats against 2 well fancied sides. Was always going to be difficult these next few games without Brown, Staunton and Maher, 3 players who are vital to making the expansive football work.

These players who were brilliant just over a week ago are now finished and no better than last year. Such a fickle fickle bunch who don’t deserve a decent team to watch

4 minutes ago, Ash said:

I can’t believe this massive over reaction after 2 defeats against 2 well fancied sides. Was always going to be difficult these next few games without Brown, Staunton and Maher, 3 players who are vital to making the expansive football work.

These players who were brilliant just over a week ago are now finished and no better than last year. Such a fickle fickle bunch who don’t deserve a decent team to watch

Exactly. This team is much better than last seasons. The football at times has been great to watch but the last two games have been abit worrying. 

However I am more than certain we will turn it round this Saturday and will get a result. 

Hope it’s just a small blip but to sit 3rd in the league at this point is great! 

46 minutes ago, Ash said:

I wasn't there, but from what I've read/heard the defeat vs Yeovil was simply a case of being beat by a better team.  We huffed and puffed but they were better than us.  It happens and I can live with that.  Many people have commented that Yeovil will be title contenders based on that performance.

The defeat vs County is more of a concern because of the performance after the sending off.  It was utterly shambolic in every sense of the word.

14 minutes ago, never_shay_die said:

I wasn't there, but from what I've read/heard the defeat vs Yeovil was simply a case of being beat by a better team.  We huffed and puffed but they were better than us.  It happens and I can live with that.  Many people have commented that Yeovil will be title contenders based on that performance.

The defeat vs County is more of a concern because of the performance after the sending off.  It was utterly shambolic in every sense of the word.

We were awful throughout on the back of a weeks rest and a promised reaction from Yeovil....compounded by the ridiculous statement that we set up not to lose....after next Tuesdaywe'll have a proper idea of where we really are.

2 hours ago, Wilder Bollox said:

We had a similar cautious overreaction twelve months ago . Let's hope Wild takes notice of the doommongers before it becomes near terminal

And the 'Doom mongers' as the blind loyals call them were correct last season.

It is as if someone flicked a switch after we went 3-0 up at Chesterfield and said "That is enough of the good stuff for this season, normal service must now be resumed". We nearly blew that game and did the next two, admittedly Yeovil were good but Notts County?

Matty will be back, we have a small budget bla bla bla. 

1 minute ago, Shaytrev said:

And the 'Doomongers' as the blind loyals call them were correct last season.

It is as if someone flicked a switch after we went 3-0 up at Chesterfield and said "That is enough of the good stuff for this season, normal service must now be resumed". We nearly blew that game and did the next two, admittedly Yeovil were good but Notts County?

Matty will be back, we have a small budget bla bla bla. 

We only conceded one goal so that's no excuse for the attacking 'performance'.

The best form of defence is attack, no doubt about it. If Wild truly has set out 'not to lose' then that's a disastrous turn of events. The last thing we need is JF MK II. I think we can forgive a bad result (or 2, or even 3 in a row), so long as the approach is correct.

You would think that setting up 'not to lose', and then losing - almost every time - that managers would quickly realise its a tactic that almost never works, and that trying to win those same games might actually have resulted in a few more points.

3 minutes ago, Hoddie said:

The best form of defence is attack, no doubt about it. If Wild truly has set out 'not to lose' then that's a disastrous turn of events. The last thing we need is JF MK II. I think we can forgive a bad result (or 2, or even 3 in a row), so long as the approach is correct.

You would think that setting up 'not to lose', and then losing - almost every time - that managers would quickly realise its a tactic that almost never works, and that trying to win those same games might actually have resulted in a few more points.

Exactly..however well you defend you can always concede a goal.

6 minutes ago, olitheshayman said:

Not sure what to make of people's comments that Notts County will be play-offs contenders. Yeovil will be up there, but Saturday was Notts County's best result all season considering the circumstances.

Their comms (Yeovil) don´t think so, they say it was their best performance for 4 years.

• Hoddie locked and unlocked this topic

Archived