Sign in to follow this  
Nick

Notts County today’s game

20 minutes ago, TJAshton said:

Exactly, Wrexham Lost with 10 men, County lost with 10 men, Yeovil ex football league last season and lost. Yesterday was worse than Fullarton days. 

We would have drawn 0-0 under JF 

12 hours ago, GLPFCHT said:

We're 3rd.......2 points behind leaders-5 points above 8th,but today we was worse than ****,slipping every couple of minutes-and ball was like a bar of soap-such was the inability to control the ball today against a no better than average side,Jamie Allen should have scored in first half and Silva nearly did-not an enjoyable game :(

They watered the ground heavy

2 hours ago, TJAshton said:

Exactly, Wrexham Lost with 10 men, County lost with 10 men, Yeovil ex football league last season and lost. Yesterday was worse than Fullarton days. 

Chestefield ex football league battered them for 50 minutes 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Shaytrev said:

But County had studs in their boots while Town slipped and slides like kids on ice.

Were we so naïve, if so a lot to learn.

The defending for the goal was comical and as bad as Pete Wild suggests. 3 Halifax players, JBW, Nolan and Macilinden I think had their players trapped on the touchline with nowhere to go, but they managed to get out of it and the midfield player was confronted by Cameron King who turned his back and 15 seconds later the balls in the onion bag. 1-0 

4 points from next 2 games should see us comfortably top 3 , bit worrying that Yeovil and notts co seem to be getting into their stride 

• Like 1

Very under par performance yesterday King and Allen were doubled up on and were nubified for most if the game. Maybe we should have done the same on their No 6 who ran the show in midfield. As much as Brown and Maher were missed yesterday I doubt even their presence would have improved things. Need Southwell or similar up top with Toby and a return to the high pressing and cohesive football from earlier games. The basics were sadly lacking yesterday and we let the number 6 have free reign. Disappointing for the large away following however the lambasting of some players were moronic but thankfully from a small minority. We will bounce back in the next two home games.

STID

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, chadders said:

Very under par performance yesterday King and Allen were doubled up on and were nubified for most if the game. Maybe we should have done the same on their No 6 who ran the show in midfield. As much as Brown and Maher were missed yesterday I doubt even their presence would have improved things. Need Southwell or similar up top with Toby and a return to the high pressing and cohesive football from earlier games. The basics were sadly lacking yesterday and we let the number 6 have free reign. Disappointing for the large away following however the lambasting of some players were moronic but thankfully from a small minority. We will bounce back in the next two home games.

STID

Cameron King has got to learn how to deal with things like this. The No.4 man to man marked him 2nd half, he needed to take him into areas he didn't want to go in. Take him out wide and let Macilinden go into the 10 role, move your marker around the pitch 

• Like 1

We lack experience ,only the defence has it, the team's that have beaten us have plenty of experienced players , it's also the manager that is learning and for the comments that it was worse than what jf made us watch must be the fans that stopped going,

4 hours ago, Shayite 432 said:

A big 10 days coming up, 2 winnable home games, or are we looking at another horrible slide down the table?

Bloody hope not

1 hour ago, Hoddie said:

I don't understand how one bad performance has people reaching for the pitchforks. There's something seriously wrong with many Halifax Town supporters. After last season, I'd have thought watching a dog lick its own arse would receive warm applause. And so far this season, no dogs... 

You’ve got to appreciate that Pete Wild’s a young, inexperienced manager with more than a little naïveté. For example, he’s not yet wise enough to realise he can simply hop onto the club’s unofficial forum to find such free, sage advice as “If you tell/want your players to win, then they’ll win”.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Hoddie said:

I don't understand how one bad performance has people reaching for the pitchforks. There's something seriously wrong with many Halifax Town supporters. After last season, I'd have thought watching a dog lick its own arse would receive warm applause. And so far this season, no dogs... 

One bad performance?

Last half hour at Chesterfield. Yeovil then Notts County and nobody has a pitch fork out. Some fans who have attended those games have spent well over £100 and are giving constructive criticism. Wild, some fans have stated, is learning his trade and will make mistakes, these will be pointed out. It is no good having blind loyalty and whining about other fans saying "Browny will be back" or "we are still near the top" or "we have a small budget". They might as well lick a dogs arse.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Shaytrev said:

One bad performance?

Last half hour at Chesterfield. Yeovil then Notts County and nobody has a pitch fork out. Some fans who have attended those games have spent well over £100 and are giving constructive criticism. Wild, some fans have stated, is learning his trade and will make mistakes, these will be pointed out. It is no good having blind loyalty and whining about other fans saying "Browny will be back" or "we are still near the top" or "we have a small budget". They might as well lick a dogs arse.

Spot on. 

Some fans don't like mistakes pointing out though. It doesnt go along with there all rosy and bright mantra. 

The very same fans would have had Heath take us down than challenge what was happening. The same last season until he was forced to finally accept he needed a strikeforce not just a defence to stay up. 

Wild has made a couple of mistakes these last couple of games and he has earnt the right to learn from them. I hope he does so. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Greggs said:

Spot on. 

Some fans don't like mistakes pointing out though. It doesnt go along with there all rosy and bright mantra. 

The very same fans would have had Heath take us down than challenge what was happening. The same last season until he was forced to finally accept he needed a strikeforce not just a defence to stay up. 

Wild has made a couple of mistakes these last couple of games and he has earnt the right to learn from them. I hope he does so. 

And the right players became available. Two quality players that would normally be out of our price range. Not a fan of JF's tactics but Dave and Hardy type players don't become available every day of the week. Plenty of Edwards and Odelusi quality players though.

Manager/players/teams make mistakes and as you rightly said, it's how you rectify those mistakes.

At the same time, it's important that fans give the manager/players/team time to gel and give them a chance.

Do that and I feel that this season could be a good one. But to keep thinking we'll win the league every year is going overboard. Not saying you do but others have and the only road that will lead to is disappointment. 

Now the play offs.........

23 hours ago, Wilder Bollox said:

If we're not careful we'll fall into the Fullarton trap of settling for a system rather than playing to the strengths of the available players

Exactly what I thought. That was a very Fullerton like performance yesterday. Never looked like scoring at any point. Didn’t seem to have any idea how to attack them effectively. 

Allen might have done better when he got in the box in the 1st half but put it wide. And we had 2 shots on target which is 2 more than in some games last season, 1st half was ok and 2nd half was poor . 

1 hour ago, Erik Everhard said:

And the right players became available. Two quality players that would normally be out of our price range. Not a fan of JF's tactics but Dave and Hardy type players don't become available every day of the week. Plenty of Edwards and Odelusi quality players though.

Manager/players/teams make mistakes and as you rightly said, it's how you rectify those mistakes.

At the same time, it's important that fans give the manager/players/team time to gel and give them a chance.

Do that and I feel that this season could be a good one. But to keep thinking we'll win the league every year is going overboard. Not saying you do but others have and the only road that will lead to is disappointment. 

Now the play offs.........

All about realistic expectations 

Every club in the entire world has fans who dream of winning their prospective league, every club. This does not mean they all think they will definitely win the league as you think they think. The game like life is full of dreams unless you are a Dullard.

I certainly don’t have any problem with wild or the players as they’ve done magnificent and to sit 3rd is great. 

Its more a performance perspective that has really pissed me off last two games. We created nothing yesterday and 646 people went to support the team and were given absolutely nothing back. 

I wouldn’t mind effort and desire but there was nothing yesterday and to see only 1 crappy shot wasn’t good enough. Pete wild knows that and so do the players and that’s all that matters. 

Were doing great and the supports been class. Keep it going Town 

Edited by TJAshton
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, TJAshton said:

I certainly don’t have any problem with wild or the players as they’ve done magnificent and to sit 3rd is great. 

Its more a performance perspective that has really pissed me off last two games. We created nothing yesterday and 646 people went to support the team and were given absolutely nothing back. 

I wouldn’t mind effort and desire but there was nothing yesterday and to see only 1 crappy shot wasn’t good enough. Pete wild knows that and so do the players and that’s all that matters. 

Were doing great and the supports been class. Keep it going Town 

I honestly think you’ve got the balance on it here.

It sounded awful, and we can’t make that a habit. But we’ve got the guy and we’ve got the drive.

Many of those players are in the early phases of their footballing careers and often haven’t even been called into the squad for a full season yet. They need to dig deep when there’s a lull and when the games are proving tough, just like everyone else at Town.

For now the best we can do is keep behind them, and vocally, too. If we can keep fetching 2,000 crowds (including for Sat vs. Barnet) then we jump in perception as a mediocre Conference team of bogstandard stature, to the former league side we are that has the hardy core of fans you need to get by in the division above. 

No need to berate anyone now, but keep on being excited for the next game, drum up the good feeling.

• Like 1