Sign in to follow this  
Nick

Notts County today’s game

We really need an attacking option different to TSS he has done a good job, but is ineffective against big physical sides particularly when referees give him no protection. Delivery in last third of the pitch has nosedived as well. Its not just the lack of goals in the last two matches but the lack of real chances. Just two today and thats abysmal with the so called third most potent attacking line up.

Im sure PW and Matty Brown will sort it out. Would like to see Southwell and McDonald on the bench against Barnet.

Very weak. Started ok, but faded quickly. Need Brown & Mayer back ASAP. Points won while they are out will be a bonus. Confidence is slipping. Support was magnificent. Hope those who stay down enjoy the City. Saw a few going into Hooters. 

This result has certainly knocked the confidence a bit. County may be a big club but they're suffering right now, lots of new players (think BBC commentary said 14 players signed within last couple of weeks), poor run of form and ill disciplined. Again, opposition down to 10 men at 0-0 yet they're the ones who come out on top.

I think the next 3-4 games will tell us how good Wild is.

15 minutes ago, Hoddie said:

This result has certainly knocked the confidence a bit. County may be a big club but they're suffering right now, lots of new players (think BBC commentary said 14 players signed within last couple of weeks), poor run of form and ill disciplined. Again, opposition down to 10 men at 0-0 yet they're the ones who come out on top.

I think the next 3-4 games will tell us how good Wild is.

You were telling us how good Wild is only a few days ago. Why do we now have to wait 3 or 4 more games?

Very flat in second half and no urgency going forward and despite Toby's best efforts very little offered up front even against ten men. We need to get the pressing and cohesive football back that we showed in earlier games and get Brown, Maher and Soithwell fit. Still third place with two winnable home games so its not all doom and gloom.

• Like 3

The league is settling down now and the next two games, both at home are crucial. Six points and we can hope for the play offs, despite the three losses already to fancied teams - with two of them against 10 men. This week has shown us Yeovil might well win the league, and we can’t believe everything that PW says as his promised reaction after last week’s defeat didn’t happen. We definitely need a goal scoring forward to add to the mix to limit our goal less games now teams know they can try and bully us out of our stride.Let’s hope Southwell can power us on.

Bullied again in the middle of park, Cooper sadly not the answer.

Wild needs to concentrate on what’s going happening on the pitch rather than whinging at the 4th official for 90 mins.

Edited by Guido

Result poor, performance was far worse than that though.

Clarke looks average at best without the physical presence of Brown next to him. Staunton just not up to the positioning and strength needed at centre back. 

In attack we were slow and laboured, against 10 men the tactic appeared to be long diagonal balls that their full backs headed every time. Silva never looked like he could trouble their defence.

Can see the logic in King going off, we were already being outmuscled in the middle of the pitch, losing a man there and keeping King on would only have made it worse. Sadly Nolan seemed to disappear once he was part of a midfield 2 anyway so we might as well have kept King on.

Against Yeovil we were beaten by a very good side, today we’ve lost against a decent team who went to 10 men and we never looked likely to score. Wild has a big week ahead of him.

• Like 1

Honeymoon over sitting 2 points behind top! Hilarious!

Btw if we lose 1 in 3 we will average 2 points a game. Notts will make the play offs and Yeovil will be in the top 5 too. 2 home games now to make amends and everyone can talk about promotion again!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, noelm1979 said:

You were telling us how good Wild is only a few days ago. Why do we now have to wait 3 or 4 more games?

Was I? Doesn't sound like me. I may have said the atmosphere feels much better because we're playing to win, not to draw. To answer your question, because this is the second defeat in difficult-to-swallow circumstances, and the next 3-4 games will show us whether or not Wild can marshal his players to deal with that or not.

Performance sounds very poor, and a trend starting, struggling against 10 men.

BUT for a team put together by a sacked manager, then scrabbled together less than 2 weeks before the season, they certainly deserve a fair bit of slack. 2 points off top and 5 points into the playoffs.

Call a spade a spade if it’s poor, but some react like we’re struggling in the league below. 

I haven't seen as many games as most on here but after 1/4 of the season we're 2 points off top & 3 points above 4th. I'd have taken that a month ago. We've lost to the 2 relegated teams, who have the parachute payment, and away at Wrexham where I think we've only won once in 30 years. All 3 of those can expect to be in and around the play-offs, as should we. I have confidence in Wild to add to our strikers if necessary, maybe on loan.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, AndyStafford said:

I haven't seen as many games as most on here but after 1/4 of the season we're 2 points off top & 3 points above 4th. I'd have taken that a month ago. We've lost to the 2 relegated teams, who have the parachute payment, and away at Wrexham where I think we've only won once in 30 years. All 3 of those can expect to be in and around the play-offs, as should we. I have confidence in Wild to add to our strikers if necessary, maybe on loan.

Stop talking sense please.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ash said:

Stop talking sense please.

Did you watch the game Ash today ?  Forget the stats so early in the season, more performances like that today and we will mirror last season 

We have decent players on the whole but we just ain't creative enough in the midfield , even with two up front which on paper should be a good option with LM skill  and Silvs strength it didn't pay off because there service was abismal, LM has proved what he is capable off if he gets a chance. We should at least have come away with a point.

7 minutes ago, Guido said:

Did you watch the game Ash today ?  Forget the stats so early in the season, more performances like that today and we will mirror last season 

Don't talk sense.

Oops sorry not positive enough, we should be happy when we lose games. Those are the rules the head in the sand crew want us to play to

Wild has always used the excuse of being tired and playing 2 games per week. 

Weve had a full week now and it was the worst performance of the season EASILY

The way i see it. Is if your going to remove 2 key goal threats directly after going a goal down and you end up losing the match, you are going to get called out on that error regardless of where the table says we are. 

Having said that he is a learning manager and hopefully he has learnt from those substitutions today

29 minutes ago, Guido said:

We won’t play Notts County away every week either

Thats the first time under Wild I have been disappointed by a Town performance. Too many players not at the races, too many sloppy passes and backwards passes, a lack of urgency and it just felt flat. 

Two home games coming up before the TV game at Dover. Lets hope we can get at least 4 points from those two home games.

I'm not going to rip into the side or panic just yet as OVERALL sitting in third, I'm more than content to the start of the season. Lets not lie though, today was crap. 

26 minutes ago, Flea said:

Thats the first time under Wild I have been disappointed by a Town performance. Too many players not at the races, too many sloppy passes and backwards passes, a lack of urgency and it just felt flat. 

Two home games coming up before the TV game at Dover. Lets hope we can get at least 4 points from those two home games.

I'm not going to rip into the side or panic just yet as OVERALL sitting in third, I'm more than content to the start of the season. Lets not lie though, today was crap. 

Didn’t get to go today but Brown is an immense presence on the field and hopefully we will pick it up when he is back. Sadly, many are forgetting where we started from this season. 3rd isn’t too shabby and better, much better, than I was expecting at this stage.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Can’t understand why when they went down to 10 nowt changed.

it only changed when we went 1 down and then if anything it was a stupid change and didn’t improve things.

3 minutes ago, Lammie said:

Didn’t get to go today but Brown is an immense presence on the field and hopefully we will pick it up when he is back. Sadly, many are forgetting where we started from this season. 3rd isn’t too shabby and better, much better, than I was expecting at this stage.

Maybe your opinion would be different if you had been to the game. 

Their keeper could have sat in the stand and the score would be no different.

• Like 1