Sign in to follow this  
TJAshton

New signing Incoming

Seems he was a target of the FGR boo boys, probbaly down to his Dad being manager as much as his footballing ability. Should be more than good enough for us. Played plenty games for them season 2017/18 with Noble Who is now at Hartlepool 

3 minutes ago, Papa Lazarou said:

Seems he was a target of the FGR boo boys, probbaly down to his Dad being manager as much as his footballing ability. Should be more than good enough for us. Played plenty games for them season 2017/18 with Noble Who is now at Hartlepool 

They did like him a lot. Bury wanted him too he can’t be that bad. 

If I remember he played in the Play Off final and they were promoted. 

Think he will be a good signing and hopefully does well. 

Edited by TJAshton

Just now, TJAshton said:

They did like him a lot. When bury wanted him too he can’t be that bad. 

Yeah he did along with Liam Noble Who is a decent player 

Just now, Papa Lazarou said:

Thought so. Hopefully he will help us get to the play offs. Has the experience 

6 minutes ago, TJAshton said:

They did like him a lot. Bury wanted him too he can’t be that bad. 

Not judging the lad, never heard of him and will support him.

But Bury wanting him doesn’t Mean much with me.  The players Bury would have attracted this season would be whatever released players showed an interest in just being able to play league football this season. There would have been little to no recruiting. 

• Like 1

Seem to remember Altrincham fans saying similar things about Jordan Sinnott who's dad was manger at the time. He came here and did very well so no reason to think the same cant happen again.. Any player who's dad is manger will always be questioned, i think a fresh start will suit him.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, shaymen down under said:

Not judging the lad, never heard of him and will support him.

But Bury wanting him doesn’t Mean much with me.  The players Bury would have attracted this season would be whatever released players showed an interest in just being able to play league football this season. There would have been little to no recruiting. 

Hmm maybe so mate but for this level he has the experience so just hope he has a good time with us. 

Just now, greygoose said:

Seem to remember Altrincham fans saying similar things about Jordan Sinnott who's dad was manger at the time. He came here and did very well so no reason to think the same cant happen again.. Any player who's dad is manger will always be questioned, i think a fresh start will suit him.

Aye, I remember one of our resident experts slagging Sinnott off before he'd kicked a ball in anger for us.

Turned out to be our best signing and played a big part in us going up through the play offs.

Dave was another player who, according to some, wasn't any good and again he was good too so I don't take anyone's view of a player as gospel. Let's see how he goes.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Erik Everhard said:

Aye, I remember one of our resident experts slagging Sinnott off before he'd kicked a ball in anger for us.

Turned out to be our best signing and played a big part in us going up through the play offs.

Dave was another player who, according to some, wasn't any good and again he was good too so I don't take anyone's view of a player as gospel. Let's see how he goes.

Sinnott set up both goals in our play off final win. Did well with us.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, halifaxmark said:

Sinnott set up both goals in our play off final win. Did well with us.

Aye, as I was typing my post, his cross for the header in the play off final sprang to mind.

12 minutes ago, Erik Everhard said:

Aye, as I was typing my post, his cross for the header in the play off final sprang to mind.

And the perfectly weighted through ball to roberts for the 1st goal. Good day that

• Like 1

suppose its just like when pete joined as manager,a few ooh's and a few arhhhh's but he turned out a gem for us so far,see how the lad does for a while he may be another gem

15 minutes ago, ysb said:

suppose its just like when pete joined as manager,a few ooh's and a few arhhhh's but he turned out a gem for us so far,see how the lad does for a while he may be another gem

It was a strange one that. I've never seen such a turnaround in opinion as that. I think once everybody realised who he was and what he was about, that his appointment could be a decent one.

Certainly turned out that way so far.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Erik Everhard said:

It was a strange one that. I've never seen such a turnaround in opinion as that. I think once everybody realised who he was and what he was about, that his appointment could be a decent one.

Certainly turned out that way so far.

best thing since sliced bread,but i do like a good slice of uncut with butter,hold the pork dripping mind

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Erik Everhard said:

Dave was another player who, according to one person who had never seen him play, wasn't any good and again he was good too so I don't take anyone's view of a player as gospel. Let's see how he goes.

Edited

• Like 2

3 hours ago, greg45 said:

Edited

Rodney didn’t look good at all. Basing on highlights, record and fans views you would have said he was a poor signing it would seem. And gladly he proved me and others wrong. 

17 hours ago, Papa Lazarou said:

Just hope he's not a horrible little bellend like Noble

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Spiltdown Man said:

To be fair my grandad was good at shooting Germans but I wouldn't know one end of a Smith and Wesson Model 10 from the other.

Who do they play for, joint forces team:huh:

22 hours ago, ysb said:

best thing since sliced bread,but i do like a good slice of uncut with butter,hold the pork dripping mind

Beef dripping is ok though!

13 hours ago, andrich said:

Beef dripping is ok though!

sure is,but for me not with bread and butter as i like to taste the butter ;-)