Sign in to follow this  
Wilder Bollox

Mind the Poodles

Good luck to the Crowley’s that’s a big challenge for them , in my dreams in 2021 Our Chairman will be thanking Pete Wild as he leaves to manage a Championship club , with Town sitting pretty in 7th place in Division 1

Impossible ? well if you’d said the same thing to a Lincoln fan 3/4 years ago ...................... !!!

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, PRS said:

Good luck to the Crowley’s that’s a big challenge for them , in my dreams in 2021 Our Chairman will be thanking Pete Wild as he leaves to manage a Championship club , with Town sitting pretty in 7th place in Division 1

Impossible ? well if you’d said the same thing to a Lincoln fan 3/4 years ago ...................... !!!

I'll settle for that. I'm not greedy. 

Time is running out for some of us so I will have to agree to get into Div 2 which will happen this season, just a few pieces of the jigsaw missing and everything will be ok.

2 hours ago, PRS said:

Deal

8 hours ago, dj funky said:

Time is running out for some of us so I will have to agree to get into Div 2 which will happen this season, just a few pieces of the jigsaw missing and everything will be ok.

Used to think I would never see town play at Wembley 

we did we won .. still things to happen for us DJ 

I think we all want to see us back in the football league , we have spent too long in non league , I pray at the start of every season that things fall into place .

Despite losing at the weekend it's how we react , we lost at Wrexham and bounced back , what I want to see is an improvement in away results , historically we are poor travellers and to win anything we have to pick up points away from home , so far we are doing well away and our home results and away results are similar if that continues and we are lucky with injuries then I think this squad with a couple of additions to cover injuries could be the ones to get us back into the football league .

I think we have a great opportunity this season , looking at the league table there is nobody we should fear , for me it looks weaker than past seasons .

What a feeling it would be to get promoted this season , I always feel the best way to get out of this league is to become a good established National league club always there or thereabouts and eventually the door will open , or have a freak season like 97/98 , we cannot seem to establish ourselves so let's rekindle the spirit of 98 which after 10 games is on its way to replicating it .

We have the feel good factor , right manager , good squad , terrific spirit , decent crowds .

Said Chesterfield was a benchmark , struggling club without any points its places like that we usually lose but came through it .

Notts County is another test on Saturday , big club , big crowds , usually a home banker when the Shaymen are in town , another test to see if it's the real deal or another season of false hope .

A good result there and it's game on in my opinion.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1