born to moan

Poor management.

I'm sorry not having a go at Pete Wild, can't do that yet. But not bringing in a loan Centre Back while Matty Brown is out is poor to me. Staunton good at the defensive mid position but not a centre half. It could be I'm wrong and they've tried to sign one but not managed it.

10 minutes ago, born to moan said:

I'm sorry not having a go at Pete Wild, can't do that yet. But not bringing in a loan Centre Back while Matty Brown is out is poor to me. Staunton good at the defensive mid position but not a centre half. It could be I'm wrong and they've tried to sign one but not managed it.

He has stated that someone will be signed before next week.

2 minutes ago, Wilder Bollox said:

Thought Mrs Moan had messed up again !

As usual Bollox your comment has flown over my head. Are you related to the late Stanley Unwin?

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, born to moan said:

As usual Bollox your comment has flown over my head. Are you related to the late Stanley Unwin?

Just wonder if it's possible to include your weekly moan in the match thread rather than starting a new thread to raise a point that several fans have already covered . Would also make the point that Staunton had a good game, it was Clarke that had a nightmare, so a new centre half probably wouldn't have made a difference . Also, whilst Earing struggled first half, he wasn't the only one and LMcA also struggled to have any impact

2 minutes ago, Wilder Bollox said:

Just wonder if it's possible to include your weekly moan in the match thread rather than starting a new thread to raise a point that several fans have already covered . Would also make the point that Staunton had a good game, it was Clarke that had a nightmare, so a new centre half probably wouldn't have made a difference . Also, whilst Earing struggled first half, he wasn't the only one and LMcA also struggled to have any impact

Staunton was getting in the way of Clarke, one perfect corner from Binman was heading straight for Clarke's forehead when Staunton jumped in front of him and headed high into The South Stand. It happened more than once during the game when I thought ' get out of the bloody way Staunton '

Unlike you I have other things to do with my life than reading to the word every post on here. If someone has mentioned it before good I'm not on my own. I don't remember commenting on Earing or McAlinden.

3 minutes ago, Shaytrev said:

Staunton was getting in the way of Clarke, one perfect corner from Binman was heading straight for Clarke's forehead when Staunton jumped in front of him and headed high into The South Stand. It happened more than once during the game when I thought ' get out of the bloody way Staunton '

That's something that they should have sorted out pre match . Ironically, both missed the target with the headers that fell to them when they weren't in each others way

Don't think yesterday was down to management,  two extra men on the pitch wouldn't have made much difference they were just to good for us, no one came out with any credibility yesterday bar Sam. 

As soon as we get any injuries to go straight out and loan someone doesn’t show much faith in the players we’ve got or breed any confidence. You stuck with what you’ve got juggle the pack THEN if it doesn’t work you look for loans to help, for me PW has done that unfortunately it hasn’t worked, I’d have liked to see if Duckworth alongside Clarke and Hanson in a lt right back might have worked, you don’t know if you don’t try.

I was advocating a loan signing as soon as Brown pulled up. However, on reflection I like that PW gave others a game. Bound to be good for moral. Nevertheless, it’s time now to get defensive mid field cover. Yesterday wasn’t a great day at the office, but I’d still fancy us to get something out of the game the next time we play them if Mayer and Brown we’re playing. See you all at Notts County. We won’t have a better away day all season until the playoffs, which is where I believe we’re headed. 

4 hours ago, born to moan said:

Perhaps a name change from Wilder to Talking, is in order.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

42 minutes ago, Erik Everhard said:

Perhaps a name change from Wilder to Talking, is in order.

I thought you'd blocked me ? Many thanks for your obsession with me but you really need to stop stalking me and move on :wub:

3 hours ago, kellster said:

Staunton had a fine game and is a quality centre back. We just lacked the cover a midfield of Staunton/Maher usually provides. 

Exactly , not poor management . It’s about testing the depth of the squad unfortunately the number of games, match fitness and inexperience found us out. Up until that game Yeovil had used 24 players in 9 matches. In contrast we have used just 17 players  (one of them has now left - Odelusi) 

PW knows what he is doing. We should also not look to scapegoat Earing who was playing in an unfamiliar role when not match fit or confident. It worked against a weaker Chesterfield side, but not against a stronger and more experienced Yeovil side.

1 point of top spot and in 2nd place after 10 matches who wouldn’t have taken that.

We need to assess after the Barnet game after a quarter of the season has gone. If we are over 25 points then we are on play off form.

• Like 1

Poor title.  Wild addresses the point fully in a recent interview in the courier.  He doesn't want the wrong personality because that will upset the balance.  Sounds like he is looking upwards for a temporary replacement. Sensible management.

20 hours ago, Shaytrev said:

The centre half pairing is the most important in a team .. it’s nit just about the ability of the players it’s about their understanding of each other’s role 

this just illustrates it .. getting in each other’s way 

a new Loan player ..will have to start the learning again 

would rather stick with the Clarke Staunton pairing and bring in a defensive mid fielder 

perhaps with our behind doors game with Salford we can see if they have someone we can borrow for a month 

nick 

19 hours ago, born to moan said:

Wasn't there today had to bowl, but after reading match reports on here its sounds like my observation last week weren't far of the mark.

Did you win? 

On 9/8/2019 at 2:33 PM, kellster said:

Staunton had a fine game and is a quality centre back. We just lacked the cover a midfield of Staunton/Maher usually provides. 

I think he is better suited to the defensive midfield role. He reads the game well and is good with his feet.  But he isn't the biggest or strongest and came off second best in the air yesterday and in the physical battles.

Perhaps he would look better alongside Brown as Clarke isn't the strongest either. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, francisfirth said:

Did you win? 

No got a right thrashing, had won 5 on trot previously but he bowled really well. Brighouse greens at the  moment are in excellent condition unlike many others, and opposition bowlers love it. It brings out the best in them, that's my excuse.