Sign in to follow this  
Shaytrev

Strange goings on

A Welsh Club who play in The English league today beat Ayr United on pens in The Scottish Cup.

I hope we are not going like Rugby League.

5 minutes ago, Shaytrev said:

A Welsh Club who play in The English league today beat Ayr United on pens in The Scottish Cup.

I hope we are not going like Rugby League.

Not sure how our Scottish cousins see this but I really like the idea.

Be a belter if one of the teams won it.

14 minutes ago, Greggs said:

Only started last season. 2nd and 3rd play in that comp i believe? Not sure how the idea ever came to pass though. 

The 2 highest placed teams in our division that don’t win promotion 

7 minutes ago, Shaymen1984 said:

Or trying to get Solihull or Boreham Wood to move north 

Well they'll not get an arguement from me. Bon voyage Boramwood and Solihull. Ta ra. 

• Like 1

Imagine how low Borehamwoods attendances would get if they had to play Scottish teams every week. Their massive 400 average home attendance wouldn't be boosted by the local London away followings

1 minute ago, Flea said:

Imagine how low Borehamwoods attendances would get if they had to play Scottish teams every week. Their massive 400 average home attendance wouldn't be boosted by the local London away followings

As pointless club's go they really are up there.

6 minutes ago, Riders of Rohan said:

Wait while the SNP find out about this outrage and challenge to Scottish sovereignty.

At least the Scots know how to stand by a referendum result. 

Are you watching in the Houses of Parliament. 

2 minutes ago, Erik Everhard said:

What! The Scots are just like the whinging remainers. 

4 minutes ago, Erik Everhard said:

Slightly lost how you think that. The SNP in 2014 campaigned to take them out of the union of the U.K. and at the same time out of the EU, in the language of today a “double cliff edge”. They didn’t accept the result in 2014 and they didn’t in 2016 when they campaigned to stay in the EU.

Anyway enough of politics. Why the Scottish Cup needs extra “foreign” teams is beyond me.

Just now, Shaytrev said:

What! The Scots are just like the whinging remainers. 

Some are but at least they're still part of the union. Over 3 years and still no implementation of a result.

Talking to my mate today who has never voted in his 48 years on earth and he's registering to vote. I'm thinking about doing the same.

Neither of us will be voting for Labour or the Tories because they're both as bad as each other.

Either the Greens of the Lib Dems will get my vote.

Loads of Labour bell ends round Leeds today. Banners with fascists out on them. Laughable. Basically means if you don't vote Labour you're a fascist.

Nice of them to block some of the main roads in the city centre on a Saturday when they're already working on one of the main roads in the city centre.

Tossers.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Riders of Rohan said:

Slightly lost how you think that. The SNP in 2014 campaigned to take them out of the union of the U.K. and at the same time out of the EU, in the language of today a “double cliff edge”. They didn’t accept the result in 2014 and they didn’t in 2016 when they campaigned to stay in the EU.

Anyway enough of politics. Why the Scottish Cup needs extra “foreign” teams is beyond me.

Nobody takes any notice of the SNP, thankfully and their shaved Wookie leader.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Erik Everhard said:

The same Scots that cried for years saying they wanted to be Independent, then got the chance to vote and then decided they didn't want to leave?

And then started crying for a second vote?

A lot like Corbyn - crying for the sake of it demanding a vote but when they get it they **** the bed. 

And lets not forget that the Scots cry so much about wanting to be free of the rest of the UK and want to be Independent, yet they also cry about not wanting to leave the EU and want to remain in it, because you, know, they don't really want to be on their own....

4 minutes ago, Flea said:

The same Scots that cried for years saying they wanted to be Independent, then got the chance to vote and then decided they didn't want to leave?

A lot like Corbyn - crying for the sake of it demanding a vote but when they get it they **** the bed. 

And lets not forget that the Scots cry so much about wanting to be free of the rest of the UK and want to be Independent, yet they also cry about not wanting to leave the EU and want to remain in it, because you, know, they don't really want to be on their own....

I know a fair few Scots that don't Flea, hence the result. The SNP side yes but not the majority.

Yes, it did make me laugh the latter part. 

1 hour ago, Erik Everhard said:

Loads of Labour bell ends round Leeds today. Banners with fascists out on them. Laughable. Basically means if you don't vote Labour you're a fascist.

Nice of them to block some of the main roads in the city centre on a Saturday when they're already working on one of the main roads in the city centre.

Tossers.

Also in Leeds today.

https://www.examinerlive.co.uk/news/west-yorkshire-news/lesbian-strength-march-through-leeds-16882296

Lesbian Strength v Trans R.A.

Not sure of the final score.

7 minutes ago, Shaytrev said:

Also in Leeds today.

https://www.examinerlive.co.uk/news/west-yorkshire-news/lesbian-strength-march-through-leeds-16882296

Lesbian Strength v Trans R.A.

Not sure of the final score.

I love the early round of the FA Cup. My money is on Lesbian Strength. Trans R.A just don't seem to have the balls anymore.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

On 9/7/2019 at 9:44 PM, Flea said:

Not quite as black and white as that though is it! Westminster lied to the Scots before the indyref regarding membership of the EU.

That clearly swung a lot of voters, as a couple of years later the Scots remain vote was more than 60%. Now that the UK is leaving the EU there is nothing tieing Scotland to the union.

17 minutes ago, chrisbo61 said:

Not quite as black and white as that though is it! Westminster lied to the Scots before the indyref regarding membership of the EU.

That clearly swung a lot of voters, as a couple of years later the Scots remain vote was more than 60%. Now that the UK is leaving the EU there is nothing tieing Scotland to the union.

The problem Scotland have chris is the working population to the overheads to run the country is low. I´m sure if they had another referendum now the result would be the same as the heart says independence and  the head would probably say no.

Speaking of football competitions in far flung places... Congratulations to Peter Butler for his Liberia side's dramatic win against Sierra Leone yesterday in World Cup qualifying.