Sign in to follow this  
Hoddie

I'm loving this season

21 minutes ago, Shayman til I Cry said:

Jury is still out on Redshaw

scored two good goals against a weak Wrexham team

i have seen people on the message board comparing him to Patterson he looks more Kossy to me

Natural goalscorer, just worry that he might have lost the pace necessary to make space

2 hours ago, Ash said:

Johnson

Duckworth Brown Clarke Binom Williams

Staunton Maher

Allen King McAllinden

Sho Silva

The team that was top after 15 games. 15 games isn’t a flash in the pan and we were there on merit. There’s no reason we can’t have an upturn in results as quickly as our downturn came around.

That was then . The facts are that opponents have worked out that system, Johnson, Clarke, Maher, King, McAlinden and Sho-SIlva are not the players they were earlier in the season . More worryingly, Wild appears to have lost the dressing room and lost his way . The true test is how to cope when the going gets tough and Wild is failing big time . A real shame because he's the first manager I've rated since a certain Mr Wilder

41 minutes ago, Wilder Bollox said:

That was then . The facts are that opponents have worked out that system, Johnson, Clarke, Maher, King, McAlinden and Sho-SIlva are not the players they were earlier in the season . More worryingly, Wild appears to have lost the dressing room and lost his way . The true test is how to cope when the going gets tough and Wild is failing big time . A real shame because he's the first manager I've rated since a certain Mr Wilder

Not sure what lost the dressing room means? 

On 12/28/2019 at 1:27 AM, Papa Lazarou said:

Shouldn't there be an element of self motivation from a professional sportsman? What role does the captain play in this? 

Of course there should and I said this in a post yesterday.

When people say he's lost the dressing room the players stop playing for the manager. They stop taking on board what he's trying to do, and it's basically their way of saying we don't want this guy anymore.

It could be lots of things that aren't right that are happening all at the same time. But ultimately he's the manager and he carries the can for results.

Players have way too much power in the modern game.

Edited by Erik Everhard

5 hours ago, Papa Lazarou said:

When you start talking about shipping players out, play players that are clearly not ready to play, don't play players that should play, discipline players when you should be putting an arm around their shoulder, treat a big game like it's a county Cup game . Wild has said himself that some players aren't playing for him . Then he goes into Fullarton mode and says 'I know who's trying in training and who isn't' . We can see on the pitch that something just isn't right . Lose the next two and I'd be very surprised if Wild doesn't walk . Over achieving ? We are 15 points short of where we could easily be, we've been watching football long enough to sense when things aren't right and something has gone seriously wrong

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Wilder Bollox said:

Natural goalscorer, just worry that he might have lost the pace necessary to make space

He can be the best player in the world but he is no f--------------- good on the bench or in the changing room. Why oh why do we sign not 1 but 2 injured players.

8 hours ago, Papa Lazarou said:

Nobody does and nobody knows. They love to throw that one around and also all our managers lose the plot too!

2 minutes ago, Ash said:

Nobody does and nobody knows. They love to throw that one around and also all our managers lose the plot too!

So Wild hasn't lost the plot at this moment in time?

Also some supporters need to take there head out of there arses & realize we are in big trouble at the minute 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Ash said:

Most football fans know what they mean, they are very common phrases amongst fans of every club in England. Have you just landed?

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, ashy1966 said:

So Wild hasn't lost the plot at this moment in time?

Also some supporters need to take there head out of there arses & realize we are in big trouble at the minute 

Hes the kind of person that thinks some supporters want to see us lose. The kind of person that after we win will come on saying where are all the wild haters now etc. As the same with Aspin,Heath,Fullarton,wild, i want them to be in charge aslong as they are being successful with us. Today is hopefully the day wild turns it round

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, halifaxmark said:

Hes the kind of person that thinks some supporters want to see us lose. The kind of person that after we win will come on saying where are all the wild haters now etc. As the same with Aspin,Heath,Fullarton,wild, i want them to be in charge aslong as they are being successful with us. Today is hopefully the day wild turns it round

Exactly.

Paramount is Clarke and Brown at the back as an essential first step.

Be better with the 2nd balls is the next that's the one thing we have stopped doing a lot recently with devastating consequences. 

Just watched 'The Damned United'. A great example of how it call all go tits up for even the greatest of managers. Although having Billy Brenner suspended for six weeks probably didn't help! 

10 hours ago, Wilder Bollox said:

We have scored 10 goals in the league since the end of September.More chance of a goal happening with him in the side.

6 hours ago, Wilder Bollox said:

When you start talking about shipping players out, play players that are clearly not ready to play, don't play players that should play, discipline players when you should be putting an arm around their shoulder, treat a big game like it's a county Cup game . Wild has said himself that some players aren't playing for him . Then he goes into Fullarton mode and says 'I know who's trying in training and who isn't' . We can see on the pitch that something just isn't right . Lose the next two and I'd be very surprised if Wild doesn't walk . Over achieving ? We are 15 points short of where we could easily be, we've been watching football long enough to sense when things aren't right and something has gone seriously wrong

If certain players aren't trying then surely the club can sack these players?

20 hours ago, Papa Lazarou said:

There are those on here that would have you believe that Heath had lost the dressing room the year we were promoted. End of season player parties proved otherwise.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Che Bentos said:

Just watched 'The Damned United'. A great example of how it call all go tits up for even the greatest of managers. Although having Billy Brenner suspended for six weeks probably didn't help! 

"You can take every WRCC medal and throw em in the bin because you've won them all by cheating".

Is what Darren Kelly said to the squad when arrived at the club.

• Haha 1

On ‎12‎/‎27‎/‎2019 at 7:33 PM, noelm1979 said:

This thread didn't age well.

Hellooo Noelm 1979 (echo) have you gone back into hiding:) 

I think this vintage season is still mellowing, ready to be enjoyed when the season ends :P

I think many of our fans have caught on, that we are still in with a chance of causing an upset over the more fancied teams.

I ate my slice of humble pie a little early, what about you :P

4 minutes ago, Wilder Bollox said:

If we hadn't put the brakes on we'd have an embarrassing 7 points lead :blush:

very true WB.

I think we all agreed early in the season that Pete Wild was very inexperienced & would make mistakes. Lets hope he has learnt from them. We are a better team when attacking full on.