Sign in to follow this  
Hoddie

I'm loving this season

3 hours ago, Jmc said:

I don’t believe the board would set a break even crowd of 2.200 based on last seasons average of 1.550 , really !??

Tbh when I saw that Av. att last season at 1550 I thought so one was using poetic license as I thought it would be much less.

Exceptional start to the season. We have no right to be where we are. I just hope that the unrealistic fans on this forum won’t turn on the manager/team etc if we fall away. 

Just now, Shay said:

Exceptional start to the season. We have no right to be where we are. I just hope that the unrealistic fans on this forum won’t turn on the manager/team etc if we fall away. 

We have every right to be where we are Shay. We are playing some good stuff & fully deserve to be top on merit :)

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Macam blue said:

We have every right to be where we are Shay. We are playing some good stuff & fully deserve to be top on merit :)

We do from a footballing side. But not on budget etc etc 

2 minutes ago, Shay said:

We do from a footballing side. But not on budget etc etc 

Point taken, but as Lanzo has frequently stated, budget is not everything.

We have a very young squad of players who are enjoying the way we are set up to play, that is worth more than having a big budget of under performing players.

Give me our current set up any day.

2 minutes ago, Macam blue said:

Point taken, but as Lanzo has frequently stated, budget is not everything.

We have a very young squad of players who are enjoying the way we are set up to play, that is worth more than having a big budget of under performing players.

Give me our current set up any day.

True. And I agree. David Bosomworth looks early on to have struck gold with this appointment and deserves a lot of credit 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Shay said:

If we fall away so be it. At least there is very little if any chance of us being relegated thanks to the exceptional start we have had. 

Next season we will be stronger given PW will have a full season to sort out a retained list and a full summer to recruit the players he wants (within the confines of the budget).

Whatever this season brings let's enjoy these good times, you never know it may last longer than we expect.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Shaymen2008 said:

If we fall away so be it. At least there is very little if any chance of us being relegated thanks to the exceptional start we have had. 

Next season we will be stronger given PW will have a full season to sort out a retained list and a full summer to recruit the players he wants (within the confines of the budget).

Whatever this season brings let's enjoy these good times, you never know it may last longer than we expect.

Believe me. I’m loving it 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Hoddie said:

So long as reserves exist to cover any shortfall not filled by those windfalls you mention, then yes I am. I'd certainly be much rather spend £100k too much and be in this position than spend £100k too much and be struggling to reach 15th.

I doubt we will have any short fall this season, based on current style of play there is only one way our support level is going & that is up. If we continue at current 2200 levels that is £230k additional revenue over the season at £20 a pop less age related discounting. Continue to grow the fan base as is likely would be music to the BOD,s ears + not forgetting all the additional revenue created by attractive football,  i.e. increase sponsorship, on line shop sales etc.

58 minutes ago, noelm1979 said:

This thread didn't age well.

Only you could have brought this out of the depths of dreams Noelm 1979 where have you been hiding whilst I eat humble pie. :wub:

Don't remind me :wacko: what was I thinking.

Cannot understand how badly the wheels have fallen off :doh: From being free flowing attack with pressure pressing all over the pitch to the current mind numbing football we are watching now.

When the first 15 games had been played, I & a few others had the feeling that we had found a diamond in the rough with PW & his style of play & fan engagement. Now showing very bad signs of frustration & talking in JF mumbo jumbo language of how it is all about small margins & we are not far off instead of accepting the criticism & changing what is wrong.

Remind me never again to expect us to win anything until 46 league games have been played.

Ah well, what should we expect.

Happy New year to all & glad I will miss a few games shortly to hide my embarrassment. :P

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Macam blue said:

Cannot understand how badly the wheels have fallen off :doh: From being free flowing attack with pressure pressing all over the pitch to the current mind numbing football we are watching now.

There is no pressure pressing because it appears that the players have lost interest.  The players should be shown PNE pressure pressing against Leeds scum yesterday to remind them what it is.

Johnson

Duckworth Brown Clarke Binom Williams

Staunton Maher

Allen King McAllinden

Sho Silva

The team that was top after 15 games. 15 games isn’t a flash in the pan and we were there on merit. There’s no reason we can’t have an upturn in results as quickly as our downturn came around.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Ash said:

Johnson

Duckworth Brown Clarke Binom Williams

Staunton Maher

Allen King McAllinden

Sho Silva

The team that was top after 15 games. 15 games isn’t a flash in the pan and we were there on merit. There’s no reason we can’t have an upturn in results as quickly as our downturn came around.

Swap Sho Silva for Redshaw and then that’s his strongest team 

• Like 1

On 9/5/2019 at 8:08 PM, Shay said:

Do you go to the same game I go to? and yes we have every right to be where we are and if the stubborn manager would  pick the players in the right positions and not have a player who can do no wrong in every week regardless how he plays we might even win tomorrow but we all expect the number 9 will be iiiiiiii and tonight Matthew i'm going to play like Lee Gregory.