Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Erik Everhard

Yeovil at Home

Recommended Posts

14 minutes ago, shaymenRup said:

Can’t argue about the result today. Yeovil stronger , first to the second ball and a few not up for the physicality today.

Probably not the game for Earing today, hope it doesn’t effect his confidence.

Missed Brown at the back and a CDM in the middle today. Probably time to get a loan signing as I imagine Notts County will follow the blueprint of Yeovil.

We had our chances hitting the woodwork twice and two great chances for Josh Staunton that he couldn’t put away. But we can’t win every game.

Time to regroup, dust ourselves down and start again.

As for the referee, it’s the National League they are sh!te. Move on.

Liam Hogan hasn't played a single minute for Salford yet this season, wonder if we're using Tuesday to look at him providing he isn't injured? Think he might have picked one up in pre-season but no idea where he's at in terms of recovering from it 

Edited by Lewis

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Lewis said:

Liam Hogan hasn't played a single minute for Salford yet this season, wonder if we're using Tuesday to look at him providing he isn't injured? Think he might have picked one up in pre-season but no idea where he's at in terms of recovering from it 

Did Salford sign any new centre halves pre season?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wild has said in his interview he will be getting someone in before notts county. 

Which is good as defence has been poor last two games without brown and Earing isn’t good enough for a holding midfielder. 

Roll on Saturday 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Erik Everhard said:

Did Salford sign any new centre halves pre season?

They signed Cameron Burgess earlier in the window, then they signed two in Jack Baldwin and Sam Hughes on deadline day.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Lewis said:

They signed Cameron Burgess earlier in the window, then they signed two in Jack Baldwin and Sam Hughes on deadline day.

The behind close doors game has to be something to with a potential signing surely. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, TJAshton said:

The behind close doors game has to be something to with a potential signing surely. 

Wouldn't read so much into that. Minutes for Southwell i'm guessing. I said it on an earlier thread. Why not look at Stephen Dawson. Left Bury following there demise, free agent. Defensive mid. Certainly adds more quality too. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, TJAshton said:

The behind close doors game has to be something to with a potential signing surely. 

Both teams with players that need game time. We have Josh and Southwell and they'll have a few too. Although Salford will probably have a reserves side? Not sure on the last bit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looking at Salford's squad there aren't really any defensive midfielders that are out of favour at the moment. The only midfielder that could be considered to be out of favour is Mark Shelton, and he's not a defensive midfielder.

Unless the plan changes and we decide to go for a defender to allow Staunton to go back into the holding midfield role, Tuesday won't be about making signings.

Edited by Lewis

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Lewis said:

Looking at Salford's squad there aren't really any defensive midfielders that are out of favour at the moment. The only midfielder that could be considered to be out of favour is Mark Shelton, and he's not a defensive midfielder.

Unless the plan changes and we decide to go for a defender to allow Staunton to go back into the holding midfield role, Tuesday won't be about making signings.

No wild has said in his interview today he wants a Holding midfielder 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, TJAshton said:

No wild has said in his interview today he wants a Holding midfielder 

Either way Salford don't really have anyone who can fill that role for us, as the previously mentioned Shelton is more of an attacking midfielder.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Flea said:

I don't think we were awful today, however Yeovil were better. They were very cute in their niggly fouls that stopped any sort of passing game for us. I do believe we set out with the right idea and were trying to do what we have been doing all season however we just couldn't click into gear, we didn't get the bounce or run of the ball and it was just one of those days where we were just not at the races 100%.

Yeovil on an attacking front are a decent unit tbf. They are also a very clever side in playing the ref and doing the "sportsmanship" side of the game. Their number 10 continually blocking free kicks from being taken, TSS continually being climbed on, kicks off the ball, shirt grabbing, trips, winding the clock down by going down injured all the time, etc... they had it worked out brilliantly. 

Ref was simply atrocious. 

No need to panic or worry though. Great start to the season, we will have games like this from time to time, however we are still performing well overall. Second best today however I felt the team tried well enough, kept plowing on and were doing the right things without getting the payoff. I can accept that occasionally it won't work. Bounce back next week hopefully. 

Most certainly no time to panic. Just think we are a holding midfielder and a striker short still. The holding midfielder will be with us before the County game by the sounds of it 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TJAshton said:

No one should be negative. We are still in the top 3 and will be if we lose another game. Yeovil are easily the best team I’ve seen so far and deserved the win. All the players were below average today apart from Johnson. Onto the next game and forge this one. 

If Woking get beat up at Hartlepool we will be back on top with the top 3 clear by 5 points of 4th place Maidenhead. Not all doom and gloom yet.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Shaytrev said:

If Woking get beat up at Hartlepool we will be back on top with the top 3 clear by 5 points of 4th place Maidenhead. Not all doom and gloom yet.

Hope its just a glitch trev,see what pete does this week with the lads and maybe a new player to boot.They didnt build rome in a day did they,the ampitheatre is built and the gladiators are in da house lol its a blip every team has them,but today we were 2nd best,but roll on next weekend

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Disappointing result today but putting things into perspective, if we had been offered second in the league (possibly back to the top in a couple of hours) and 22 points from 30 at the beginning of August most of us would have taken it with a smile on our faces.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Papa Lazarou said:

He didn't cost us the game. Yeovil were a better team all over the pitch 

They were a better side and deserving of their win but they had the confidence to know that their shitehouse tactics would go unpunished. Had the referee clamped down earlier on the shirt pulling, niggly kicks and man handling of Sho-Silva that interrupted the flow of the game, we MIGHT have seen a more even contest.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, noelm1979 said:

They were a better side and deserving of their win but they had the confidence to know that their shitehouse tactics would go unpunished. Had the referee clamped down earlier on the shirt pulling, niggly kicks and man handling of Sho-Silva that interrupted the flow of the game, we MIGHT have seen a more even contest.

Town seem to have had a poor ref in every game but 2, so far. The female ref sounds like the standout performer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Erik Everhard said:

Town seem to have had a poor ref in every game but 2, so far. The female ref sounds like the standout performer.

And she didn't know the rules.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...