Sign in to follow this  
Erik Everhard

Yeovil at Home

Every article I have read from the players, say how much they are enjoying playing in front of our crowd at the Shay. They are getting some good support, many years since that has happened. They will be confident that we wont get on their backs if we concede first, so I think a home win by 2 goals is most likely & another enjoyable contest.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Macam blue said:

Every article I have read from the players, say how much they are enjoying playing in front of our crowd at the Shay. They are getting some good support, many years since that has happened. They will be confident that we wont get on their backs if we concede first, so I think a home win by 2 goals is most likely & another enjoyable contest.

I don't think any team will fancy playing against Town at home at the moment.

Start off on the front foot again but we'll have to be a lot tighter at the back because I feel Yeovil will punish us.

Great highlights, passing really slick and finishing real quality. So much movement and options as well compared to how static we were last season.

I think both of their goals could have been avoided, both EAring and nolon going to the same man when one  maybe should have held. Once their player popped it off they were onto the back 4 with no protection. Their second came from I think King trying to take a touch and build a break rather than emptying it up field and get our shape. We just need to be tighter especially after we score.

Also some strong defending, nolon one off the line with a foot and again clashing heads with Gerrard to block another a yard out.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Steve Lanzarote said:

Don´t Yoevil even have a fans fourm?

Nope , that should carry an automatic points deduction 

3 minutes ago, Jmc said:

Nope , that should carry an automatic points deduction 

Well from a club neither do we 

its down to a few fans like hoddie bubba and lumbie .. that we do 

apologies if I git the wrong guys or missed out anybody 

1 hour ago, Nick said:

Well from a club neither do we 

its down to a few fans like hoddie bubba and lumbie .. that we do 

apologies if I git the wrong guys or missed out anybody 

So you’re saying we do have a forum then , nearly all forums are independent of the club 

1 hour ago, Jmc said:

So you’re saying we do have a forum then , nearly all forums are independent of the club 

Think clubs like to distance themselves where possible

I'm up for this game tomorrow and shall be bringing my mate who hasn't seen us win yet so hopefully she won't be a bad omen. 

With the band playing under the stand, the nice weather, the heavy marketing of the game, being top of the league - it should be a good crowd and I hope we're all up for it. 

Lets get behind the lads, impress some floating and newbie fans who shall be there and roar them on to another 3pts at the fortress shay 

Pete Wild's Barmy Army in full voice. 

On 9/5/2019 at 10:34 AM, Steve Lanzarote said:

Don´t Yoevil even have a fans fourm?

They don't seem to have much coverage at all down there. Local newspaper years out of date with stories and not much on the official site. Having the experience of trying to book a taxi on that neck of the woods, I'm not surprised. 

Rather chilly day in Halifax. anything above 2200 is a definite plus today. I doubt Yeovil will bring above 150. If we get a good result it will be 25 points out of a possible 30.

Most of us thought this would be the minimum amount of games on which to judge how we are progressing.

I doubt Woking will get much from the BT televised game at Hartlepool this evening, I think we played the Monkey Hangers at the right time, as they are hitting form & will be well up for it at home.

A win for us could leave us sitting pretty with a clear 3 points come 10pm tonight.

Come on Shaymen, make us proud.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Macam blue said:

Rather chilly day in Halifax. anything above 2200 is a definite plus today. I doubt Yeovil will bring above 150. If we get a good result it will be 25 points out of a possible 30.

Most of us thought this would be the minimum amount of games on which to judge how we are progressing.

I doubt Woking will get much from the BT televised game at Hartlepool this evening, I think we played the Monkey Hangers at the right time, as they are hitting form & will be well up for it at home.

A win for us could leave us sitting pretty with a clear 3 points come 10pm tonight.

Come on Shaymen, make us proud.

Plus a few armchair fans may remain in the armchairs to watch the England game instead. 

3 hours ago, Richmond96 said:

Win today and we could take 700-800 to Notts County next weekend. Fingers and everything else are crossed. 

I think 700. It's a good day out for the fans and it's not too bad a place to get to. It doesn't take long from Leeds by train.

I think there'll be a few booze buses going too.

3 minutes ago, Steve Lanzarote said:

View image on Twitter

Ww go with it as the gaffer has got everything else rignt,  but cant understand why you'd bench the top scorer? 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Greggs said:

Ww go with it as the gaffer has got everything else rignt,  but cant understand why you'd bench the top scorer? 

Must admit an odd one, unless he has a knock or similar scenario to C King with fatigue.

It’s called rotation 

let’s guys out there run themselves and the  defence into the ground and then bring on fresh legs of his pace and ability 

also my sense is a 4-5-1 formation to start reflecting the loss of Maher and brown 

trust him...you know if it’s nit working he will make substitutions and adjustments