Fair warning! All off-topic posts will be moved to off-topic section once we have confirmed dates for play-offs. ×
Sign in to follow this  
Gavlar

Poached

As we currently sit top of the pile. I worry, whilst most our “assets” are out of contract at the end of the season. How many players might be poached including the manager (he too is only on a 1 year deal) think the next signing should be Cameron king on a two year. Followed by McAlinden. 

6 minutes ago, Jmc said:

Cameron king has to sign an extension looks a complete different level, especially 1st half last night 

100 %. Class player. Finds pockets of space, wants the ball, can turn and run with it. Key player to this team

Stood out last pre season as the only one who could play football, backed this up in his first few games and got binned off.

The more he plays, the more foolish he makes Fullerton look. Get him on a 3 year deal.

4 minutes ago, Gavlar said:

It’s crazy to think 70% of this team played last season. Pete Wild has taken the shackles off them all. 

It does make me wonder how someone with Kosylo's natural attacking intent would do in a side like this that is actually allowed to attack. 

3-0 after 47 mins away from home at Chesterfield last night. Who would have thought we would have witnessed that 6 months ago?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, halifaxmark said:

100 %. Class player. Finds pockets of space, wants the ball, can turn and run with it. Key player to this team

Cameron King is so good he could find space in a single bed with Gemma Collins. 

Not that i would wish that up on him as it potentially could lead to a season ending injury....but still.....you get my point. 

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Hands Off The Shay said:

The only worry about Cameron King is his inability to last 90 minutes. I don't think any other team will be looking to sign him whilst that is the case.

Can he not do 90 mins? Or are we just not playing him for 90 mins?. To keep his effectivness high. 

Whoever is doing well has to deal with Poachers. Lincoln City could lose the Cowley brothers who are said to be 11/10 for the Huddersfield job. If The Shaymen carry on it will not be long before a few rows in the East Stand are filled with them looking at players and manager.

2 minutes ago, Shaytrev said:

Whoever is doing well has to deal with Poachers. Lincoln City could lose the Cowley brothers who are said to be 11/10 for the Huddersfield job. If The Shaymen carry on it will not be long before a few rows in the East Stand are filled with them looking at players and manager.

Cowleys have turned down an approach from Huddersfield, but are said to be in advanced talks with Sheffield Wednesday. Just hope Lincoln haven't caught wind of Wild's exploits so far!

1 minute ago, Lewis said:

Cowleys have turned down an approach from Huddersfield, but are said to be in advanced talks with Sheffield Wednesday. Just hope Lincoln haven't caught wind of Wild's exploits so far!

Be a massive gamble to go for Wild after 9 games

1 minute ago, FCHT1993 said:

Be a massive gamble to go for Wild after 9 games

Was said in jest to be honest, but if he keeps this up there'll be teams sniffing around for him before long.

8 minutes ago, Lewis said:

Was said in jest to be honest, but if he keeps this up there'll be teams sniffing around for him before long.

I don’t doubt that in time if we continue as we are. It’s the other side to being a successful club other clubs want your talent 

20 minutes ago, Shaytrev said:

Always been a problem has that poaching talent,a good reason clubs never move foreward

4 hours ago, Ash said:

Stood out last pre season as the only one who could play football, backed this up in his first few games and got binned off.

The more he plays, the more foolish he makes Fullerton look. Get him on a 3 year deal.

I think fulllartons initial concern about King when he came in was his physicality which King himself also mentioned in early interviews but he’s showing now what a good player he is ... let’s hope he keeps developing 

51 minutes ago, Lewis said:

Lincoln have apparently targeted Michael Flynn at Newport as a replacement if the Cowleys do leave 

5 hours ago, Gavlar said:

As we currently sit top of the pile. I worry, whilst most our “assets” are out of contract at the end of the season. How many players might be poached including the manager (he too is only on a 1 year deal) think the next signing should be Cameron king on a two year. Followed by McAlinden. 

I think we have seen enough of Pete wild to see he’s is & is going to be a good manager, so i would tie him up on a longer deal first, I think it’s easier to replace a good player but not a good manager, as for the players I’d like to see   C king  before other clubs come sniffing and turn his head , McAlinden another I’d like to see on a longer contract also if they only have 1 year left  duckworth & Earing.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Gavlar said:

It’s crazy to think 70% of this team played last season. Pete Wild has taken the shackles off them all. 

Perhaps Wild doesn’t coach them but inspire them 

2 hours ago, Blueblood said:

I think we have seen enough of Pete wild to see he’s is & is going to be a good manager, so i would tie him up on a longer deal first, I think it’s easier to replace a good player but not a good manager, as for the players I’d like to see   C king  before other clubs come sniffing and turn his head , McAlinden another I’d like to see on a longer contract also if they only have 1 year left  duckworth & Earing.

Hold my hands up I was deeply worried about the Wild appointment but seems I was wrong #vinnyOUT

19 minutes ago, vinnyweknuts said:

Hold my hands up I was deeply worried about the Wild appointment but seems I was wrong #vinnyOUT

Round of applause for the Oldham chairman because their loss is definitely our gain.

19 minutes ago, vinnyweknuts said:

Me too vinnyweknuts,  when I heard of his appointment I think I said  who the foook is Pete wild now I know.