Sign in to follow this  
born to moan

Let's not pretend 3.

4 minutes ago, born to moan said:

Let's not pretend we are an average National league team. Why? We are top of the League.

Let’s see where we are at Christmas 

Just take it week by week. We're used to failure, its strange being top and looking/playing really well and long may it continue. We have to enjoy it while it lasts and who knows what could happen, fingers crossed

• Like 1

7 hours ago, dj funky said:

The spirit of 97/98 is back and boy does it feel good.

It feels like that season , it's the old saying you can have a side full of talent but if you have no team spirit it's wasted .

Wild has got a good set of lads who all seem to get on .

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, monk said:

It feels like that season , it's the old saying you can have a side full of talent but if you have no team spirit it's wasted .

Wild has got a good set of lads who all seem to get on .

I have said it before you have to give some credit to JF for the basis of this team & before anyone jumps on me, no I don't think he would have had them playing like Pedro.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Roy Race said:

I have said it before you have to give some credit to JF for the basis of this team & before anyone jumps on me, no I don't think he would have had them playing like Pedro.

Nah. He's gone and glad he has. Its all about wild and the future,  no looking back

22 minutes ago, Roy Race said:

Yes to be fair Scots best mate did sign around half of the squad but that’s where the credit ends as he could only manage in a negative way, talk in riddles and came across as seemingly too important to have time for anyone

He simply could not get the best out of his players and that is all his fault

And whilst on about JF ‘engagement’ (don’t think that’s a word he used in his riddles)

We've gone from one extreme to the other manager wise, Wild giving all the fist pumping at the end in appreciation to the vocal fans

Quality

Edited by Grayski

1 minute ago, Grayski said:

Yes to be fair Scots best mate did sign over half of the squad but that’s where the credit ends as he could only manage in a negative way, talk in riddles and came across as seemingly too important to have time for anyone

We've gone from one extreme to the other manager wise, Wild giving all the fist pumping at the end in appreciation to the vocal fans

Quality

I miss those pyramids of emulsion 

What a difference. PW reminds me of Bill Shankley. The whole squad seem to be pulling together. I wanted a loan signing after the 2 injuries. However, he’s given squad players a go and they’ve stood up and delivered. Has to be great for moral. Also if you never give fringe players a chance, you’ll never know how good they are. That said, anymore injuries and we really will need loan signings. Beat Yeovil on Saturday, who looked good on the highlights show v Notts County and we really can get excited. 

20 minutes ago, vinnyweknuts said:

I miss those pyramids of emulsion 

You have to admit he didn't conform to normal football speak, only Eric Cantona could come anywhere near JF and  even then a distant second, never did understand his albatross following the kipper boats, that's what you get for playing for Leeds and. Man U:blink:

12 minutes ago, Roy Race said:

You have to admit he didn't conform to normal football speak, only Eric Cantona could come anywhere near JF and  even then a distant second, never did understand his albatross following the kipper boats, that's what you get for playing for Leeds and. Man U:blink:

They were after sardines but there weren't any and it was seagulls not an Albatross.

Edited by Shaytrev

15 minutes ago, Shaytrev said:

They were after sardines but there weren't any and it was seagulls not an Albatross.

I knew I would net someone:D

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Yes a fair amount of the squad were signed by JF, but let's not suggest ed be anywhere near where we are if he was in charge. 

What Wild has realised is its all well and good being sold in defence, but unless you have pace, talent and mobility up front you won't get anywhere. The only thing that saved Fullarton from relegation was Rodney last season. Wild has a front 4 who work hard and work as a unit, the link play is at times sublime.

So no, I won't credit Fullarton with this success, I blame his inability to get the most out of players and his negative tactics & personality for setting us back a good 12 to 18 months.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, Bobbins said:

Yes a fair amount of the squad were signed by JF, but let's not suggest ed be anywhere near where we are if he was in charge. 

What Wild has realised is its all well and good being sold in defence, but unless you have pace, talent and mobility up front you won't get anywhere. The only thing that saved Fullarton from relegation was Rodney last season. Wild has a front 4 who work hard and work as a unit, the link play is at times sublime.

So no, I won't credit Fullarton with this success, I blame his inability to get the most out of players and his negative tactics & personality for setting us back a good 12 to 18 months.

Set us back 12 to 18 months how? I was a “Heath lover” apparently, but no way were we teed up for a Wild renaissance in February/March 2018.

1 hour ago, Pliny Harris said:

Set us back 12 to 18 months how? I was a “Heath lover” apparently, but no way were we teed up for a Wild renaissance in February/March 2018.

Heath did the job he was hired to do, but sadly wasn’t up to the task in the National. Fullarton in fairness got an under performing team to play to its level when he first came in.

He then presided over two of the most shambolic pre season recruitments we’ve had. The bloke had no ability to actually put a squad together - sure he found the odd good signing but in his first summer we wasted wages on about 6 crap wingers and failed to actually get a midfield or forward line, in his second he gave up on signing players altogether.

Edited by Bobbins
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Bobbins said:

Heath did the job he was hired to do, but sadly wasn’t up to the task in the National. Fullarton in fairness got an under performing team to play to its level when he first came in.

He then presided over two of the most shambolic pre season recruitments we’ve had. The bloke had no ability to actually put a squad together - sure he found the odd good signing but in his first summer we wasted wages on about 6 crap wingers and failed to actually get a midfield or forward line, in his second he gave up on signing players altogether.

It’s pretty ironic that almost every player he signed before last season was described as an “attacking player” given the amount of attacking he actually recommended in games.

On 9/4/2019 at 8:38 PM, Grayski said:

Yes to be fair Scots best mate did sign around half of the squad but that’s where the credit ends as he could only manage in a negative way, talk in riddles and came across as seemingly too important to have time for anyone

He simply could not get the best out of his players and that is all his fault

And whilst on about JF ‘engagement’ (don’t think that’s a word he used in his riddles)

Quality

I think that's where JF's qualities lay. A scout or maybe a defence coach.

43 minutes ago, Erik Everhard said:

I think that's where JF's qualities lay. A scout or maybe a defence coach.

Or the pub landlord in The Wicker Man. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1