Sign in to follow this  
lsm

Huddersfield Town

21 hours ago, percy shaw said:

FA cup 3rd round. 

Huddersfield Town v Halifax Town live on TV. 

Sell out away end and smash them. 

Then.... Take the piss around your town centre on a 3 day bender. 

Having recently visited Huddersfield town centre I don’t if it could hold my attention for 1 hour never mind 3 days

• Like 1

2 hours ago, vinnyweknuts said:

Having recently visited Huddersfield town centre I don’t if it could hold my attention for 1 hour never mind 3 days

It's a pretty drab town centre that has actually gone down hill. M&S announced store closures last year and the Huddersfield town centre store was on the list. That's a big town to not have the pull of M&S.

I think the only pull Huddersfield has over Halifax is a Primark.

If Halifax had the better rail network that Huddersfield has then it would be even further in front.

17 hours ago, Erik Everhard said:

It's a pretty drab town centre that has actually gone down hill. M&S announced store closures last year and the Huddersfield town centre store was on the list. That's a big town to not have the pull of M&S.

I think the only pull Huddersfield has over Halifax is a Primark.

If Halifax had the better rail network that Huddersfield has then it would be even further in front.

Can't argue with that. I like going to Halifax and I'm always puzzled when people label it a shithole.

Nigel Adkins has been offered the job. Can't see their fans being excited with that. 

Did well at Southampton with some top players playing in a league well below their talents, and he's done Nowt since. 

Anyway, that's their problem!! Ha. 

38 minutes ago, lsm said:

Can't argue with that. I like going to Halifax and I'm always puzzled when people label it a shithole.

It's gone through a real Renaissance since the Piece Hall facelift and the numerous telly programmes based in and around Calderdale. 

Then you've got Hebden Bridge and the Square Chapel next to the Piece Hall. 

Live gig wise Halifax is way ahead of both Bradford and Huddersfield and I think there's only Leeds that's ahead of our town.

• Like 3