Sign in to follow this  
Nick

Chesterfield today

21 minutes ago, TJAshton said:

A great win tonight and shout out to the fans who were class. Everyone joined in and another 3 points. 

Made hard work of it again and they always seemed like scoring in that 2nd half but a win is a win and another 3 points. 

Was great when everyone joined in with “Stand up if you love the Town” 

Credit to everyone tonight. 

Yes. We were superb tonight. We have our differences. But we all have one love. The Shaymen 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, never_shay_die said:

A Chesterfield Football History account on Twitter have just said that it's our first win there since 1975!

Are you confident that it was 1991? @Shaymus?

1991/90/88 at the Shay 1984 at Chesterfield.

• Thanks 1

Just tried to register on their board with no success, I was going to put them straight about that post about the rugby club building us a ground and saving us.:doh:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

33 minutes ago, Steve Lanzarote said:

1991/90/88 at the Shay 1984 at Chesterfield.

Just checked and you sir are correct. We beat them in the League Cup 2-1 at  Saltergate in 1984.  I'll let them know!

Edited by never_shay_die
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, shaymen down under said:

Yes the pressing and passing 1st half and early 2nd half was something I haven’t seen from a town team for a long time. But am thinking it’s takes a lot out of you the way we play and we are a bit behind from pre season. Take Clarke out of that team and the average age must be something like 21/22 years old. 

Only 28 points to safety!

They play with no fear at that age, speaking of which how did Earing fare.

All it takes is a few wins and Halifax has turned into San Francisco of the sixties, every warrior has a flower sticking out of their keyboard, peace brothers.

• Like 1

This season is a joy to watch!

Last year i went to 10 consecutive games without seeing us score a goal! This year its a case of when and we have so many outlets and threats it must be hard for the opposition to decide what to do to stop us.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Roy Race said:

They play with no fear at that age, speaking of which how did Earing fare.

Earing played  his best game for us last night. He’s definitely got the talent, size & temperament. Just think at times he hasn’t quite adjusted to the pace of proper men football. Will definitely come in time though.

And nobody on here was predicting it preseason.. 

It just goes to show that players who dint make an impact at one club with the right setting can make an impact at another 

don’t be to quick to judge 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, shaymen down under said:

Earing played  his best game for us last night. He’s definitely got the talent, size & temperament. Just think at times he hasn’t quite adjusted to the pace of proper men football. Will definitely come in time though.

Have feeling he will be a quick learner and a top asset, one of the diamonds we need to progress the club.

10 minutes ago, Nick said:

And nobody on here was predicting it preseason.. 

It just goes to show that players who dint make an impact at one club with the right setting can make an impact at another 

don’t be to quick to judge 

This is true at any level, players get moved on often and I have said on many occasions when they just ain't doing it "the team , style and managers tactics just don't suit them" and they have gone on to do better else where .

Edited by Buddy

We have new National League leaders after another exhilarating night of action.

Matchday nine served up an evening of high drama - and another of the unexpected super starters sit on top.

FC Halifax are at the summit after they held firm at winless Chesterfield.

Jamie Allen, Nathan Clarke and Cameron King did the damage as the Shaymen saw out at 3-2 victory to add to the Spireites’ issues.

They knocked Woking off top spot as their old foes from Torquay United came back to bite them again.

A late leveller from debutant Ben Whitfield means the Cards are no longer leaders thanks to Halifax’s superior goal difference.

• Like 1

Well we made it to the top and make no mistake this team are there on merit.

Last night was the best half of football i have seen in a long time, anywhere on tv even premier league.

The passing and the movement of the players at times was sublime. The tempo we played I don't think as been seen by a Halifax team for a long time.

Mr Wild talks about playing as team when we don't have the ball, well this team do that superbly even when in the second half we tired a bit.

It was no surprise that we sat back more as no team in the world could have played a full match at that pace.

It was a great team effort and hard to single out one player but Cameron King was at the heart of everything good about the first half,orchestrating wave after wave of attacks. Cameron made the first goal and scored the third somehow as he was surrounded by defenders but tricked his way through.

Please get him signed up on a long deal before the football vultures arrive.

This football derives from Mr Wild's warm up routines that they go through before the huddle.

I know it's early days but how nice it is to see exciting football back at the Shay.      

Edited by Larriden100
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, shaymen down under said:

Thought he was class. Especially playing in the 2 in a 4-2-3-1 in his first start(?) in men’s football.

Struggled with the pace of the game and to make an impact second half, but he wasn’t alone!

18 hours ago, Spiltdown Man said:

Bet365.com currently have Chesterfield Evens and us at 11/5 to win tonight. Gotta be worth a tenner. 

Took em for £36. £4 on a win and £1 on 3-1 which I cashed in with 10 mins left ;)

The first half last night was possibly the best 45 minutes of pure football I have seen for 20 years at least. The one and two touch football was played at a pace and quality that Chestefield defenders couldn't deal with and I doubt any defence could at this level. The movement off the ball is what allows that style of football to be successfull. To see a Town team rip apart another team for 45 minutes was a joy to watch. Also let's not forget that header on his own goal line from Laim Nolan when Anthony Gerrard thought he was nodding the ball into an open goal. How bloody wrong he was!!!! 

Edited by Papa Lazarou
  • Like 3

19 minutes ago, Papa Lazarou said:

The first half last night was possibly the best 45 minutes of pure football I have seen for 20 years at least. The one and two touch football was played at a pace and quality that Chestefield defenders couldn't deal with and I doubt any defence could at this level. The movement off the ball is what allows that style of football to be successfull. To see a Town team rip apart another team for 45 minutes was a joy to watch. Also let's not forget that header on his own goal line from Laim Nolan when Anthony Gerrard thought he was nodding the ball into an open goal. How bloody wrong he was!!!! 

agreed that was the most dominant and best half of football I’ve seen Halifax play since supporting them. We were all over them and they never looked like scoring. 

2nd half was a completely different game but we dig deep and got the all important 3 points. Another tough game Saturday.