Sign in to follow this  
Nick

Chesterfield today

An interesting game tactically 

no brown I assume so a shuffled defence with I guess Staunton pairing with Clarke 

so interesting to see how the midfield is both Kings Nolan and Allen? With nolan taking the defensive role ? 

And the usual two upfront 

or is that too attack minded and will we drop to five in midfield 

then there is chesterfield determined to get their season going and what better way that against a local rival 

so it could be a tough game .. but it always see us scoring, it’s really how our Defense holds out 

anyway I going for a win by a couple of goals 

0-2 or 1-3 to the mighty town 

keep the faith 

nick 

Edited by Nick

14 minutes ago, Nick said:

An interesting game tactically 

no brown I assume so a shuffled defence with I guess Staunton pairing with Clarke 

so interesting to see how the midfield is both Clarke’s Nolan and Allen? With nolan taking the defensive role ? 

And the usual two upfront 

or is that too attack minded and will we drop to five in midfield 

then there is chesterfield determined to get their season going and what better way that against a local rival 

so it could be a tough game .. but it always see us scoring, it’s really how our Defense holds out 

anyway I going for a win by a couple of goals 

0-2 or 1-3 to the mighty town 

keep the faith 

nick 

Both Clarkes??

There’s only one Clarke but it has to be Staunton and Clarke as the two centre half’s for me. 

Only worry is Nolan and Earing will be too lightweight I’d have thought so don’t really know what Wild will do. 

Their team looks very average and having won a game yet so the team you want to play is Halifax. Any team that hasn’t won away or at home all season or hasn’t won yet we always seem to lose to them. :lol:

so let’s hope we get the win and create a good atmosphere. Gonna say a 2-1 win for Town. 

Be nice to see Cameron King back in the team tonight as well. 

212 tickets sold as of dinner time. Halifax have told them 500+ 

To let people know there’s only going to be two people working at the ticket office so expect long queues. 

Just now, steve lumb said:

Chesterfield not won yet, 2 ex town strikers up front, you just know what will happen..............................

Exactly a chesterfield win. But we seem a different team than in the past so hopefully it will be different 

We don't really want to be going away from what has worked for us somfar this season, 

The mantra has been let them worry about what we can do not the other way round. 

Yes we are likely to be without Brown so what we dont need to be doing is allowing constant pressure on the back line and defensive mid by being too defensive minded 

6 minutes ago, Greggs said:

We don't really want to be going away from what has worked for us somfar this season, 

The mantra has been let them worry about what we can do not the other way round. 

Yes we are likely to be without Brown so what we dont need to be doing is allowing constant pressure on the back line and defensive mid by being too defensive minded 

One thing for sure is we won’t be scared to attack. Every counter attack we have there’s about 4/5 players going forward every time 

22 minutes ago, TJAshton said:

212 tickets sold as of dinner time. Halifax have told them 500+ 

To let people know there’s only going to be two people working at the ticket office so expect long queues. 

Can we not pay on the turnstile??

1 minute ago, halifaxmark said:

Can we not pay on the turnstile??

Don’t know mate theyre electrical apparently so wouldn’t think so. You’ll need a ticket but can buy tickets there which I think most people will be 

Ive no worry with staunton at the back, its his best position and clarke/staunton looked really good together in the oldham friendly. I do worry about us having no ball winner in centre mid though, someone to do the scrappy work, win headers etc.  Earing lightweight and a big step up from the reserves football hes used to, id prefee cameron king starting. Going to be a tough night but i still fancy a 1-0 win. 

2 minutes ago, halifaxmark said:

Ive no worry with staunton at the back, its his best position and clarke/staunton looked really good together in the oldham friendly. I do worry about us having no ball winner in centre mid though, someone to do the scrappy work, win headers etc.  Earing lightweight and a big step up from the reserves football hes used to, id prefee cameron king starting. Going to be a tough night but i still fancy a 1-0 win. 

We'll miss Browny's height and presence tonight.

I'd put Staunton at centre half and Nolan and J King holding. Bring Cammy back in to cause them problems with Mac on't left, Allen on't right and Tobi up top.

I don't want to tempt fate but I think we'll have too much for their defence and we'll bag a couple tonight. 

The big test will come at the other end. Can we hold MFT out for 90 mins?

13 minutes ago, halifaxmark said:

That’s what I’m worried about mate. Staunton and Clarke will be decent but it’s just the holding midfielder with Nolan. 

Whoever goes in there has to have a good game! Earing is too lightweight and hopefully Cameron King will return to the lineup 

Just had a look on Chesterfields forum , confidence among them is very low , most predicting an easy away win .

One poster says he has a soft spot for us since visiting in the 90s and followed our demise .

In his words .

" The ground was awful but they got lucky with the Rugby club building a new ground with a little help from the council".

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, monk said:

Just had a look on Chesterfields forum , confidence among them is very low , most predicting an easy away win .

One poster says he has a soft spot for us since visiting in the 90s and followed our demise .

In his words .

" The ground was awful but they got lucky with the Rugby club building a new ground with a little help from the council".

Yeh they’re all predicting us to win. Don’t blame them they look awful and their team is garbage. 

However a team who ain’t won all season would want to play us we never win these sort of games :lol:

Those who don’t have a ticket can get one tonight from the ticket office at the away end.

Or get one online and print at home to avoid any queues

14 minutes ago, TJAshton said:

However a team who ain’t won all season would want to play us we never win these sort of games :lol:

If we are going to do well this season then we have to go to places like these and win , they are in a mess but as is usual we will probably go and lose , give them their first win and keep their manager in a job .

It's a good test to see how good the manager and squad really is , we have an ingrained mentality as supporters that failure is just around the corner , I think bringing home 3 more points tonight might just make us think that it's the real deal this time and we might just be in for a decent season .

• Like 2

1 minute ago, monk said:

If we are going to do well this season then we have to go to places like these and win , they are in a mess but as is usual we will probably go and lose , give them their first win and keep their manager in a job .

It's a good test to see how good the manager and squad really is , we have an ingrained mentality as supporters that failure is just around the corner , I think bringing home 3 more points tonight might just make us think that it's the real deal this time and we might just be in for a decent season .

Exactly mate. A win tonight would be fantastic and need to pick up points on the road to get play offs. 

Just tweeted:-

TICKETS If  you have not purchased a ticket for tonight's game in advance, you can purchase tickets from the away ticket booth at the ground. 

#fcht 

(HT)