Danny Rowe

Shayfan92

29 minutes ago, Flea said:

Where the chuff would Solihull get 100K from to sign just one player?

Questions would have to be asked if they start financial doping to those levels.

Believe they paid  six figure sum for Callum Howe ?

1 hour ago, Riders of Rohan said:

If he had watched Kossy playing for us last season, he would have seen him not working for the team. Unless the team happened to be on TV.

Kossy is utterly brilliant, sadly only for around an average of 8 minutes per season in total.  There was a reason he was at Nantwich... 

Don’t fully get the Rowe and Kosy revisionism. Rowe scored like 45 goals in the Conference North. All other things being equal that would’ve given us the title at the time. He scored 25 and 24 goals in his last two seasons too, I think?  The sort of prolific scoring that excuses even a “fat lazy git” or whatever. I don’t like him but Flyde will be lost without him.

Kosylo was also a team player for most of his time with us, and had some patches where he was mint and we felt dependable on him for that one bit of flair in the team. There was a point around late 2017 where he was injured for a while and our midfield was flatter than the Fens.

2 hours ago, Pliny Harris said:

Don’t fully get the Rowe and Kosy revisionism. Rowe scored like 45 goals in the Conference North. All other things being equal that would’ve given us the title at the time. He scored 25 and 24 goals in his last two seasons too, I think?  The sort of prolific scoring that excuses even a “fat lazy git” or whatever. I don’t like him but Flyde will be lost without him.

Kosylo was also a team player for most of his time with us, and had some patches where he was mint and we felt dependable on him for that one bit of flair in the team. There was a point around late 2017 where he was injured for a while and our midfield was flatter than the Fens.

Really wanted Kosylo at the club, was happy when we signed him, was entertained by him in unentertaining teams then wasn't, poor play, discipline and petulance made me lose patience. It was time for him to move on, Fylde appears to groundhog day without the good bits.

4 hours ago, Pliny Harris said:

Kossy was a good player for us, no doubt, and I'm glad we had him, but man he could be frustrating! AS you said, for most of his time here he was happy and played for the team, and scored/set up some great, important goals. He could be petulant, and inconsistent, and when things didn't go his way he had a tendency to sulk and go missing in the game. In the second half of last season he didn't want to be here, and potentially resented us blocking a move in January. 

He was a very important part of our squad and team, but it was probably the right time for both parties for him to move on, just a shame we didn't get a fee for him.

Exclude last season and Kossy was brilliant for us.

Last season in fairness was one to forget for pretty much any attacking player, so to single Kossy out is a bit harsh. Under the current manager I feel Kossy would have been able to express himself more. I wonder if JF had gone at Xmas, would Kossy still be here now?

As it is, he decided he wanted out and has moved on. It happens and only time will tell if he made the right move. 

2 hours ago, Flea said:

Exclude last season and Kossy was brilliant for us.

Last season in fairness was one to forget for pretty much any attacking player, so to single Kossy out is a bit harsh. Under the current manager I feel Kossy would have been able to express himself more. I wonder if JF had gone at Xmas, would Kossy still be here now?

As it is, he decided he wanted out and has moved on. It happens and only time will tell if he made the right move. 

The team seems to have a better balance now. I have only seen footage so far but we do t seem to be as reliant of our left hand side.

The team aren't as rigid as last season either. Why JF insisted on that same routine of ball to the right, goes out for a throw and then Hanson takes it, Preston tries to hold it up and fails etc etc.

It was like watching paint dry. Did JF never coach to throw or to pass into space for a man to run onto?

Anyway, those days are gone. Thankfully.

Archived